x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Are you going to buy the BlackBerry Storm?

Posted: , by FAUguy

Tags :

Are you going to buy the BlackBerry Storm?
With the official release of the BlackBerry Storm only two days away (11/21), we'd like to know if you are planning on purchasing one and your thoughts on the device.  Let us know by leaving a comment below.

BlackBerry Storm Specifications

Verizon's Storm site

well i was up until my Tivo died so guess who's getting a new Tivo...lol

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 22:03

the heck w/ the TiVo! LOL...I'm definitely getting and already have all of the accessories ordered. I actually had the pleasure of a sneak peek of the Storm today in person and got to play with the device for about an hour. I admit, when you switch from portrait to landscape the response time is a little slow, but given all the features it has on it, it is truly awesome! The whole capacitive touch screen, it's beyond anyone's imagination, IT ACTUALLY CLICKS! lol...it's tiny, it's thin, very sexy device. only if i could post a pic on here. Even the mute and lock(standby) buttons on top are like others, NO ACTUAL BUTTONS (with the exception of the convient keys on the sides). The most awesome thing is that VCast music software is coming near you available for download once it's ready, can't wait!

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:20

2. ALEX2128 (unregistered)

I am not sure. I'm in between the storm and the touch pro, and I want to use both devices before making a decision.

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:33

the one thing that annoys me about verizon's touch pro is that the up arrow separates the M and N keys. NO PRO FOR ME.

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:21

I ALREADY HAVE A STORM ON RESERVE AT THE LOCAL SEATTLE STORE! I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE THE TRACKBALL OR JOGWHEEL FOUND ON MOST BLACKBERRY'S BUT LOVE THE OS. I CURRENTLY HAVE THE DARE AND HAVE LEARNED TO LOVE TOUCH BASED DEVICES. THIS PHONE WILL APPEAL TO ALL PARTIES WHO WANT STYLE AND PRODUCTIVITY ALL IN ONE ATTRACTIVE PACKAGE.... I PROUD TO BE AMONG ONE OF THE FIRST TO OWN A VZW BB STORM.......

posted on 20 Nov 2008, 15:29

119. my eyes (unregistered)

Your enthusiasm doesn't require all caps. It hurt to read.

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:24

heck ya im getting it at the downtown sacramento store FRIDAY in the morning. I cant wait. Way better than the IPHONE!!! =)

posted on 20 Nov 2008, 09:23

Stop getting on AT@T! this post was suppose to talk only about Verizons new BB storm. But of course the best is always compared. Its no one fault u chose Verizon but U! So deal wit it..........

posted on 20 Nov 2008, 10:48

109. anonymous1 (unregistered)

why do people get so defensive anytime someone mentions the iPhone or ATT?

posted on 20 Nov 2008, 10:55

vzw people get even more defensive. its just a stupid battle between th two.

posted on 22 Nov 2008, 10:13

You sound very upset, do you need a shoulder to cry on.

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:26

Absolultely! Should be the best thing since sliced bread...I hope!

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:28

depends i've got 450 cash im not yet up for update so if it's more than that i should get the dare or the voyager what do you guys think?

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:51

Go for what you really want instead of settling for something you don't. :)

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 19:07

since you talkedabout price can you tell me something I have had a moto Q for a year and i want to get the storm but dont wanna pay a bajillion dollars for it... how much do you think i will have to pay?

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 19:31

52. VZW EMP (unregistered)

If you've had it for a year, you may be eligible for an annual upgrade. Also depending on your rate plan you may be a VIP member and can get $50 off with no early upgrade fee. ALSO if you go from the Q to the storm you may end up paying more per month for the BB data package. call VZW and see what your options are.

posted on 20 Nov 2008, 09:07

It depends what price plan you are on $59.99 or higher can get an early upgrade. It will be the two year discount price if you can, and if you are buying outright it will be around $550.00. Hope I was helpful.

posted on 22 Nov 2008, 10:16

Hate to break it to you, but it is a price plan that is $49.99 or higher

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:29

7. T-Money3000 (unregistered)

I am a huge fan of RIM and touchscreens. This is a long-awaited product!!! I'm stoked! So to answer your question.... yes

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:29

8. sprint worker (unregistered)

i wasn't eligible for an upgrade with verizon until late feb. i called into customer service with issues daily for about a month. and verizon is sending me a blackberry storm for only $50. can anyone beat that?

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:35

10. Jae (unregistered)

I was going to...then I found out the Omnia was also coming to Verizon, so I changed my mind.

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:36

11. Crazydude1405 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Apr 2008)

I WON A STORM FROM THE NYC STORM HUNT SO YES IM GETTING ONE :)

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 18:01

u lucky b***h....i guess imm just waiting until Dec 8th for my NEW EVERY 2 so hopefully ill be able to get it for just $50 bucks but by then the Omnia might be out so it might be a hard decission ....i have been watching countless videos of all these phones and im almost certain that THE BLACKBERRY STORM HAS THE BEST ACCELEROMETER TO DATE!!!!

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 18:51

even with a 100 ne2 it would still be 99 after rebate.. tard.. the full cost on the phone is almost 500 and it will not drop(under 250) untill at least after christmas

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 19:11

48. Jeremy Scott A (unregistered)

I Have Already Save $435 dollar In Case I Have To Buy It Full Price

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:42

WiFi is a dealbreaker for me, so no Storm.

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:51

With a BB you have to have the internet package & the storm is rev A & Verizon's 3g coverage area is huge. so that was kind of dumb

posted on 20 Nov 2008, 09:07

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:44

13. mattlikeshockey (unregistered)

i think yes. I am going to try it. This is the only real hope for verizon. I love VZW, but hate the phones normally. I was holding out for the touch pro, but im sick of WinMo. YES. storm for me.

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 17:46

14. Carcrazy269 (unregistered)

Oh course I am gunna buy a storm! I am sick of Windows OS which is why I am switching to Blackbery OS