Are you getting the new iPad?
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2012, 13:51 posted on
New year, new iPad - this one with unseen display resolution, faster graphics chip, better camera and the obligatory 4G LTE connectivity. Yet it is the market that will ultimately decide whether it is a worthy upgrade, so we wanted to ask you, dear readers, whether you plan to get the third edition of the world's most popular tablet.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. max9777 (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
Id wait to see what apple introduces this summer, since they are coming out with the new mountain OSX for macbook's which is supposed to integrate with IOS devices. Who knows maybe by summer there might be news of a smaller Ipad??
33. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
LOL that was my answer too. But then again, we are a minority...
3. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
So iPad name is
Or to be announce?
4. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
that padfone is mine. or maybe the asus memo370t or nexus tab+ phone upgrade.
5. ilia1986 (unregistered)
You should add a 5th option: "I'm not touching anything which runs iOS. Ever. Android all the way!"
12. -box- (Posts: 3853; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Leave the Android part off, and I'll agree to that
30. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
really phonearena? with posts like this what exactly did u expect for the results… there should be the "android fan" button in the future…
7. dr.cyber (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
ok before to buy it i want to know about this spes:
how much ram it have?
is this dual core cpu with quad core gpu better then tegra and K3V2(HUAWEI) cpu's(cpu speed and bench)
16. mrfwy (Posts: 20; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
The real question is how much battery will churn at high speed video and gaming streaming and how uncomfortably hot will get?
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iVoted "No," and not because iDiSliKe krApple but because the Galaxy Note is better and has better specs' so, I'd rather spend $649.99 plus tax on a Galaxy Note (when it comes to Verizon)!
"iPad," what a diSappoiNtment (AgAiN)!!
11. nightmare (Posts: 28; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
there should be a fifth option of "wait and see wat samsung releases then make up my mind"
24. Doakie (Posts: 1303; Member since: 06 May 2009)
You're the first person to say what I've been thinking. With Apples release of the iPad 2 and the redesign of the Galaxy Tab 10.1, I looked at the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with an expectation of another redesign. Although I'm not sure I'll be needing to upgrade out of my GT 10.1 unless the redesigned GT2 10.1 is high resolution, bigger battery, AND front facing speakers. The front facing speakers are the deal breaker for me.
13. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I'm definitely grabbing one this summer once the original rush is down. I've wanted Retina Display on the iPad since I saw it on the iPhone. Can you imagine how amazing video is going to look on that thing? How easier it will be to read books and websites? This is a fantastic update. They put in everything I wanted into this thing. I'm sold...
17. Stuntman (Posts: 749; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I just bought a tablet 6 months ago. I have no need to buy another one to replace my old one. The screen resolution is impressive. I'll most likely wait a few years before buying a device to replace my existing tablet.
18. guruprasad (Posts: 27; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
nope i won be getting this crap for such a high price.i will get a good laptop for this price....829$ for retina display and a5x processor.........nooo waaay....
21. jove39 (Posts: 1315; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Not buying any tab...unless I get hands on any win8 based tablet...eagerly waiting.
23. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Hell naw. I prefer to throw my $500 directly in the trash every 6 months, cuts out the middle man and saves me a trip to the pretentious egg-head hipsters at the genius bar.
26. fenixsama (Posts: 32; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
No. I hardly use my Ipad2. No need for a new one.
27. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
i hope number 4 that might come out this fall will be a better um... thingy
28. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Almost 65.22% ppl voted they wont buy the new yPad... LMAO :-D
34. pedobear (Posts: 22; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
when the iPhone 4s came out, almost everyone said it wasn't that good of an upgrade and they but now it's one of the best-selling phone's worldwide. how? it's part of apples marketing scheme that every year they release a new phone/tablet and even though it's not much better than the last version they make the previous version product look of of style and they make everyone think they need the newest product. trust me, I don't like apple but I bet that at least 40% of those people who said no will end up buying one sometime this year.
31. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
Nope. My iPad 2 is serving its purpose just fine right now