Are these the final specs for the Samsung Galaxy Note III?
0. phoneArena 12 Aug 2013, 15:21 posted on
A published report on Monday lists what are believed to be the final specs for the Samsung Galaxy Note III; according to this source, there will be two variants of the device, the SM-N900 and the SM-N9005. The specs are basically the same for both models, with a few variations. The device will come in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions with most of the world getting the 16GB and 32GB model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 2451; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Sounds juicy. What are the chances that it'll have the exact same design as the s2, s3, note2, mega, s4, mini, etc etc etc?
5. decent4u (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Was thinking the same thing.
Shouldnt this have the new design scheme or whatever samsung discussed a while back
56. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
they clearly said a new design for 2014.
7. kabu7x (Posts: 11; Member since: 04 May 2012)
the chances of the note 2 having the same design as the s2,s3,note2,mega,s4,and the mini IS TOO DAM HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Samsung's design strategy year after year =http://www.coppergifts.com/coo
18. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
And yet, none of its android competitors, nokia, and BB can't make a dent on their sales. How sad is that. Samsung's competitors are truly pitiful.
24. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Technically the S2 was a different design.
It will look the same as everything else though.
43. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Dang it powerful, hope Samsung will change their UI or it's gonna lag.
2. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
That is going to be a monster. TEMPTING!
This and the LG G2 are what I'm aiming at. Either way, any will make me happy.
4. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
The note 3 will destroy the iphone 5s in sales, the features and specs of this device are way beyond those of the iphone 5s.
6. decent4u (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This Beast cannot be compared to the little Iphone.
This is a PHABLET thats a tiny little phone
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
No, not even close. The Note 3 will definitely get much lower sales than the iPhone 5S. The Galaxy S4, a more widely accepted and spread out device, can't even match the sales of the iPhone 5, much less a niche device like the Note 3.
46. tedkord (Posts: 11923; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Technically, for at least the first two months it was out, the S4 did out sell the iPhone 5. Possibly the third, too.
52. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Are you comparing their first months individually (September, October, November for the iPhone 5; March, April, and May for the GS4), or comparing the sales between them when the GS4 first released and the iPhone 5's demand was down? Because the iPhone 5 sold 5 million units opening weekend (3 days), and the GS4 sold 10 million units in a month. The iPhone 5 obviously has the advantage.
12. roldefol (Posts: 4308; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Just like its predecessor the Note 2 obliterated the sales of the iPhone 5. Oh, wait...
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 21721; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If you think the note 3 will outsell the 5S, you're flat out stupid. As berserk (a real techie not blind fanboy) said. The s4 is the widely accepted device among consumers. Phablets are just coming outta the "niche" stage. We know you hate apple, but wise up kiddo
31. jaychildz (Posts: 129; Member since: 31 May 2013)
i wish, but these are some faithful sheep.
59. oldmanofnz (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I dont think so, the note3 is aim at a niche market. the iPhone5s is aim at a mass market as one phone fit all type.
samsung philospophy is one phone does not fit all, some like it big, some small, some cheap, some with windows....thats why they have hundreds of phones.
8. datsyuk (Posts: 179; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Wish this came on a 4.7 incher, but specs are looking amazing this will be a fantastic phone.
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Exynos 5420 clocked at 1.8 only, come on Samsung why not 2.3Ghz like the S800? It has the enough battery to run at 2.3Ghz.
6xGpu wow.... know defeat that anyone? So this GPU is much better than PowerVrSgx 554MP4 in the iPad4....!
So the 1.8Ghz is on par with the S800! So if clocked at 2.3Ghz by custom Roms and Kernels. Crapdragon® still fails with ExynosA15™
38. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The iPad 4 will still have more raw power but it pushes 50% more pixels, so theoretically the Mali T-628 should have better on-screen performance, but iOS games are better optimized.
The Exynos 5420 clocked at 1.8GHz will be around the SD800 @2.25GHz, the real question is, with properly working core migration, will heat and power efficiency match Qualcomm's solution? Chances are good that they will, yet LTE-able countries will get the SD800 like most S4 buyers got the SD600. It's okay, Qualcomm SoCs are better community supported.
62. Trex95 (Posts: 924; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
It's not about how big hardware does Note 3 has it's all about optimization and how the software take hardware advantages.
BTW IPad 4 GPU VRX 554MP4 it's a quad core GPU not single core GPU that's why it's still the most powerful GPU on tablet, smart phone in the market.
11. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
With this include 10 more ram hogging "S" features to bring the behemoth to lag? Hope not.
35. TruPatriot (Posts: 110; Member since: 27 May 2013)
At least need to be able to disable those features. The lag on the S4 is pretty bad IMO
57. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
you dont have an S4 then if you think the lagg is that bad. But heres some tipps to make it faster, turn off most of the features, set the animation speed to 1x or 0x at the developer section, dont set S-Voice as default for home button, and theres basically no lag.
Or install Nova Launcher.