Are these the final specs for the Samsung Galaxy Note III?
0. phoneArena 12 Aug 2013, 15:21 posted on
A published report on Monday lists what are believed to be the final specs for the Samsung Galaxy Note III; according to this source, there will be two variants of the device, the SM-N900 and the SM-N9005. The specs are basically the same for both models, with a few variations. The device will come in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions with most of the world getting the 16GB and 32GB model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 1836; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Sounds juicy. What are the chances that it'll have the exact same design as the s2, s3, note2, mega, s4, mini, etc etc etc?
5. decent4u (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Was thinking the same thing.
Shouldnt this have the new design scheme or whatever samsung discussed a while back
56. Jason2k13 (Posts: 710; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
they clearly said a new design for 2014.
7. kabu7x (Posts: 11; Member since: 04 May 2012)
the chances of the note 2 having the same design as the s2,s3,note2,mega,s4,and the mini IS TOO DAM HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Samsung's design strategy year after year =http://www.coppergifts.com/coo
18. jdoee100 (Posts: 331; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
And yet, none of its android competitors, nokia, and BB can't make a dent on their sales. How sad is that. Samsung's competitors are truly pitiful.
24. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Technically the S2 was a different design.
It will look the same as everything else though.
43. akki20892 (Posts: 3746; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Dang it powerful, hope Samsung will change their UI or it's gonna lag.
2. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
That is going to be a monster. TEMPTING!
This and the LG G2 are what I'm aiming at. Either way, any will make me happy.
4. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
The note 3 will destroy the iphone 5s in sales, the features and specs of this device are way beyond those of the iphone 5s.
6. decent4u (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This Beast cannot be compared to the little Iphone.
This is a PHABLET thats a tiny little phone
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4163; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
No, not even close. The Note 3 will definitely get much lower sales than the iPhone 5S. The Galaxy S4, a more widely accepted and spread out device, can't even match the sales of the iPhone 5, much less a niche device like the Note 3.
46. tedkord (Posts: 6417; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Technically, for at least the first two months it was out, the S4 did out sell the iPhone 5. Possibly the third, too.
52. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4163; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Are you comparing their first months individually (September, October, November for the iPhone 5; March, April, and May for the GS4), or comparing the sales between them when the GS4 first released and the iPhone 5's demand was down? Because the iPhone 5 sold 5 million units opening weekend (3 days), and the GS4 sold 10 million units in a month. The iPhone 5 obviously has the advantage.
12. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Just like its predecessor the Note 2 obliterated the sales of the iPhone 5. Oh, wait...
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 14381; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If you think the note 3 will outsell the 5S, you're flat out stupid. As berserk (a real techie not blind fanboy) said. The s4 is the widely accepted device among consumers. Phablets are just coming outta the "niche" stage. We know you hate apple, but wise up kiddo
31. jaychildz (Posts: 111; Member since: 31 May 2013)
i wish, but these are some faithful sheep.
59. oldmanofnz (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I dont think so, the note3 is aim at a niche market. the iPhone5s is aim at a mass market as one phone fit all type.
samsung philospophy is one phone does not fit all, some like it big, some small, some cheap, some with windows....thats why they have hundreds of phones.
8. datsyuk (Posts: 177; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Wish this came on a 4.7 incher, but specs are looking amazing this will be a fantastic phone.
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Exynos 5420 clocked at 1.8 only, come on Samsung why not 2.3Ghz like the S800? It has the enough battery to run at 2.3Ghz.
6xGpu wow.... know defeat that anyone? So this GPU is much better than PowerVrSgx 554MP4 in the iPad4....!
So the 1.8Ghz is on par with the S800! So if clocked at 2.3Ghz by custom Roms and Kernels. Crapdragon® still fails with ExynosA15™
38. _Bone_ (Posts: 2147; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The iPad 4 will still have more raw power but it pushes 50% more pixels, so theoretically the Mali T-628 should have better on-screen performance, but iOS games are better optimized.
The Exynos 5420 clocked at 1.8GHz will be around the SD800 @2.25GHz, the real question is, with properly working core migration, will heat and power efficiency match Qualcomm's solution? Chances are good that they will, yet LTE-able countries will get the SD800 like most S4 buyers got the SD600. It's okay, Qualcomm SoCs are better community supported.
62. Trex95 (Posts: 638; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
It's not about how big hardware does Note 3 has it's all about optimization and how the software take hardware advantages.
BTW IPad 4 GPU VRX 554MP4 it's a quad core GPU not single core GPU that's why it's still the most powerful GPU on tablet, smart phone in the market.
11. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
With this include 10 more ram hogging "S" features to bring the behemoth to lag? Hope not.
35. TruPatriot (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 May 2013)
At least need to be able to disable those features. The lag on the S4 is pretty bad IMO
57. Jason2k13 (Posts: 710; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
you dont have an S4 then if you think the lagg is that bad. But heres some tipps to make it faster, turn off most of the features, set the animation speed to 1x or 0x at the developer section, dont set S-Voice as default for home button, and theres basically no lag.
Or install Nova Launcher.
13. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Incremental improvements in the battery along with a small screen. Find myself saying Meh, wanted a screen of at least 6 inches and I was coming to terms with a 5.7 inch screen, now they make it even smaller. May as well call this a Note 2 facelift because an upgrade this ain't. May as well wait for the Lumia Phablet.
25. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
If you want to carry a large device, buy the Nexus 7 with 4g LTE and use that as your phone. Geez.
30. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
You've got a point, but for some of us 5.68 inches isn't an improvement and verges on the side of being tiny when some of us wanted a better multitasking system than on the Note 2, more real screen estate for reading/browsing/gaming and video chatting on a screen up to 6 inches and beyond. Just watch one of Adrianisen's videos on youtube where the Note 2 and Mega 6.3 are compared, the content on the mega looked so much better. If it weren't for the lack of S-Pen, the Note 2 would have been swapped for the Mega a long time ago, way i see it the Mega 6.3 looks more enticing than the Note 3, it has the same battery for crying out loud!
33. ph00ny (Posts: 627; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It was only two years ago when everyone said 5.2" screen on OG Note was too big. You should have seen the face of unsuspecting people when i whipped out my international Note in US soil before it became popular. "Is that an ipad?"
HAHAHA. Now we're considering 5.68" too small?
36. TruPatriot (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 May 2013)
You're nuts for automaically saying no just for the screen being .3 inches shy of 6 inches.
67. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
it actually makes a huge difference, the original note and the S4 are an example of that, what I'm after is a 6 inch version otherwise goodbye Samsung for pandering to the anti-big whiners.
49. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 659; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Dafuq are the people right now.. I will personally complain if the size of the note2 will reach the uncomfortable state of the Ultras and Maxs.
I dont want a very big screen with large bezels like those from htc sony and nokia, those are actually UGLY--in a state of inferior attractiveness.YUCK in short!
66. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
It's tiny for most of us, so what, we have an opinion on that as you are allowed to have an opinion on wanting a smaller phone. Just accept the fact that what you consider to be the norm may not be the case with others.
55. almostdone (Posts: 140; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I think Samsung has this spot on. Make the note 3 the same size or smaller than the note 2 i.e. with less screen bezel and/or thinner.
I have a note 2 and don't really want anything bigger but will appreciate the slightly larger screen.
68. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Good for you, there should be a choice for everyone and I was excited at the prospect of three different sizes. I hope you enjoy your eventual purchase of the Note 3 but i will look elsewhere not named Samsung.
14. GrosseFatigue (Posts: 122; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I like the fact that it is the same size. Can read the NY Times and the New Yorker fine. Hope it is coming in that Burgundy red color.. I looked at some 1080p LG screens and others but nothing come close to those Amoled screens. No way I am going to switch to an other brand. It comes down to the screen and they already have the best.
17. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
5.68 sounds tiny as hell for a phablet 2013
20. MCrapp (Posts: 313; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Some people say Note2 it's to BIG!and now in 2013 -5.68 sounds tiny!?
42. _Bone_ (Posts: 2147; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Haha, yes it's just how things go these days.
But Samsung is the smartest kid on the block here, they are keeping the Note II's size with slim bezels, and that phone is still usable with one hand and well pocketable. The Ultra, the Max, the Megas, the Mate and the 6" Lumia are just past that fine line and Samsung knows that they are less comfortable for daily use over a thinned down Note II with a bigger FHD screen, bigger battery, skyrocket HW, improved SPen, OIS camera and more goodies.
Between all of them, I prefer the Note II size cause it has the perfect size/comfort ratio, best of two worlds. A phone doesn't have to be bigger to be better, and Sammy's phablet experience will put them ahead of competition - again.
48. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Exactly I think the ultra is just going over board with the whole phablet stuff..that is pretty much a tablet lol its only half a inch smaller than the nexus 7...the note series has got the balance right, provides big enough screen that a tablet isn't needed but small enough that its still easy to carry around..even though this is getting a bigger screen I bet it will be equal size to the note 2 but with slimmer bezel like the s4 was to the s3...I think there is definitely a line when a phone is no longer a phone and the ultra,mega etc imo cross that line.
19. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
Wtf 5.63 is to small I need at least 6.2
22. freebee269 (Posts: 529; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
We are starting to see more OEM's follow Nokia's lead with ois.
64. shuaibhere (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
actually it was sharp....sharp was first to introduce ois in a smartphone...
65. freebee269 (Posts: 529; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
reading comprehension please. i didnt say nokia was the first to put it in their phone, i said other oem's are following their lead since they use it in all their high end devices. do you see news about sharp phones leading the way with ois today? i dont.
27. sswain (Posts: 50; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
16GB internal memory = deal breaker for me. Wont buy it then.
Country I live might be considered by samsung as not big market so I would be not be surprised if they will sell only 16GB versions here...
40. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
He's talking about the internal storage, not the xtra memory storage.
This kind of beast phone must have a min storage of 32 gig.
28. darkkjedii (Posts: 14381; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This and my 5S, replaced my note 2 and ip5.
32. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I see no reason at all to upgrade to the 5S if you already have the iPhone 5, can you enlighten me sir?
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 14381; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I simply choose to have the latest devices from Apple, and Samsung. I'm able to afford them, so why not?
39. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
If the gnote3 is same design as S4, is fine with me. And I think exynos 5420 is for international version, and the S800 is for U S soil.