Archos to soon introduce its first smartphones, Galaxy S III look-alike will take flagship role
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Feb 2013, 07:03
Archos is a company you probably know mostly for its affordable Android tablets, but that is about to change soon as the manufacturer will deliver its first smartphones…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Topcat488 posted on 18 Feb 2013, 07:22 4 0
It might have a chance in the low to mid- range category, imo. Yeah, maybe give Sammy or Apple a run for the "money". From us 47%ers.
4. buccob posted on 18 Feb 2013, 07:42 2 0
They used to be great when ipods and multimedia players were the rage.... But after their 2006 products, they started following an Apple strategy, which for a small company with such low fan base, made no sense.... They started using proprietary connections, selling accessories separately, and quality and innovation decreased.
Today I fondly remember my Archos AV500 which had so many functions, that people got confused with futuristic PDAs in 2005... Things that not even smartphones of today can do... like Digital Video Recording straight from an RCA connection...
But now that's history and today I agree with your comment... and it is sad to see how low they have fallen to blatantly rip off the Galaxy S3 design...
This year belongs to Sony and Samsung...
20. xmusicianguy posted on 18 Feb 2013, 15:35 0 0
I agree. I've had several Archos devices. The Multimedia Jukebox, The AV320 and the AV500. They were great products!
21. xmusicianguy posted on 18 Feb 2013, 15:46 0 0
(yes I'm replying to myself, no way to edit) I also had the Archos AV420.
11. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 4 days ago posted on 18 Feb 2013, 09:32 0 0
would rather buy nexus 4 than this crap
22. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2013, 16:17 4 0
You must have never had cancer before...
5. maccess posted on 18 Feb 2013, 07:59 3 1
i can't believe a company like archos will copy sammy's design.. it just not right.. does the designer just too lazy to think of another design??
23. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2013, 16:18 1 1
Really? Everybody's phones look the same to me these days... just one slate after another, some bigger, some smaller, some thinner...
6. GeekMovement posted on 18 Feb 2013, 08:08 0 0
Wonder what's up with all the phone design copying... is the Sony Xperia Z and LG Optimus Pro next to be copied?
7. ryq24 posted on 18 Feb 2013, 08:13 0 0
So many phone brand it's a matter of time before one by one they will start to fall. Even some of the current big players will fall.
10. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2013, 09:24 0 1
Archos sucks man....their brand name is synonymous to bad quality control
12. pkiran1996 posted on 18 Feb 2013, 09:52 0 0
The second picture with the stylus looks exactly like the Note II...
13. lilg29 posted on 18 Feb 2013, 09:59 1 0
Better be happy this is Samsung and not Apple, Apple would go buck wild trying to sue if they saw this.
14. parkwaydr posted on 18 Feb 2013, 10:15 1 0
Apparently original phones designs are no longer considered necessary.
15. BattleBrat posted on 18 Feb 2013, 10:48 0 0
I had an archos G9 101, decent cheap tablet, touch screen was too inaccurate for word processing, so I got the Xperia tablet S to replace it.
16. BinMorris76 posted on 18 Feb 2013, 10:49 0 0
Clearly a Sammy design rip off if these images are legit. Just wondering.... can anyone confirm if Archos a poor Chinese to Engrish translation. I'm guessing it should read A$$holes?
17. JunitoNH posted on 18 Feb 2013, 11:17 2 0
I understand what you guys mean, personally would buy a Nexus 4, if I didn't have a SGNx. However, don't cut the hand the hand that feeds you. HTC, MOTO, and Samsung are the minority. Android is synonymous with cheap and affordable devices. Look beyond the bubble, e.g. Brazil, India, Central America, most of the people in these countries can't afford an expensive device.
24. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2013, 16:21 0 0
A cheap device is decidedly better than no device... in most cases.
19. Martine posted on 18 Feb 2013, 14:39 0 0
People said Galaxy S3 design was ugly but two companies have already copied that design.
25. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2013, 16:24 0 0
I have heard iPhone owners say that the Galaxy S3 design is ugly, and then say that it is also a blatant copy off of their iPhone, which they further insist is some sort of iconic beauty among mobile phones, in its own rite. Can anyone say, "Duh?"
Personally, I still think they are all getting to look the same these days. Its just one slate after another...
26. downphoenix posted on 18 Feb 2013, 17:55 0 0
Archos is LOL.
However, that one game tablet thing they have with the built in controls, I wouldn't mind one of those.