Archos introduces its new Archos 97 Titanium Android HD tablet
0. phoneArena posted on 23 Dec 2012, 20:33
Archos has introduced its new Archos 97 Titanium HD tablet featuring a display panel that matches that of the full-sized third and fourth-generation Apple iPads with a 9.7 inch screen and a pixel density of 264ppi; while there is only 8GB of native storage with the tablet, the manufacturer says that it will support microSD cards with as much as 64GB of extra storage...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. qazwsx posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:28 1
would you rather them be pointed and uncomfortble? nope, you would probably still whine
13. PapaSmurf posted on 23 Dec 2012, 22:17 7
He's referring to Apple's "rectangle with rounded corners" patent.
15. _Bone_ posted on 24 Dec 2012, 04:01 0
Yeah he is, but some are too far away from normal conversation.
Can't see this one released without a lawsuit.
16. tedkord posted on 24 Dec 2012, 05:43 2
That because these days it's difficult to see any phone or tablet released without a lawsuit.
3. qazwsx posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:06 2
399 and they might have a buyer.. is it me or does this scream ipad wanna be?
6. blingblingthing posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:14 3
Why? If the next iPhone has a 720p display is an android want to be? Displays in electrics are alot like TVs. You aren't imitating someone because you have the same amount of pixels.
10. qazwsx posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:24 1
I agree with you, and don't get me wrong, its just like it stole its whole concept from apple, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have always wanted an ipad with android os and a micro sd.
4. Lwazi_N posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:12 0
But PA, what made you decide against having the option to "view pictures on one page"? Anyway, this tab looks nice!
8. therealestmc posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:19 2
Anything that looks like an ipad the looks nice.
5. quakan posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:13 0
Why is the front facing camera off to the far left? Just looks out of place.
12. cmikeh2 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:47 0
I guess they decided that it would be a more effective placement to share between the two orientations although that just seems off to me.
14. Peter98 posted on 24 Dec 2012, 00:01 0
Ya when using on the front facing camera. U need to put yr tablet aside lol.
7. BREvenson posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:15 1
Yes, it is similar to the iPad (on almost every conceivable level), but given the fact that Archos is not a threat to Apple's well-being and sales, they likely won't pursue action against them. Put the right price on it, however, and it could be a sleeper hit next year.
I'd pick this any day over an Apple product, no doubt. The specs are at least decent, so it will gain interest over time.
9. blingblingthing posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:20 0
In every conceivable way, you mean color, screen size, resolution and pixel density?
That really isn't that much of a similarity.
20. BREvenson posted on 24 Dec 2012, 12:44 0
That's why I said "on ALMOST every conceivable level". It's impossible to not draw a parallel between this and the iPad, but it's not a straight carbon-copy. For example, it runs a different OS and you can expand the storage capacity. Aside from that, it's looks identical to an iPad.
Okay, forgive me for the choice of words, then. You should be able to understand what I mean, though. Of all the similar devices out there, this has to be the closest thing to the iPad in terms of design.
17. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 24 Dec 2012, 06:48 0
"It sounds like competition for the Apple iPhone" Shouldn't it be Apple iPad? I really doubt a 9,7" tablet will compete with a 4" phone.
19. sprockkets posted on 24 Dec 2012, 09:26 0
Finally, a decent 4:3 tablet for android with high resolution :)
21. deuel18 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 20:57 0
im no afraid of other issue of this tablet...what im concern is the quality and price of this one though...