Archos GamePad 7-inch gaming tablet launches in Europe, coming to U.S. in 2013
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2012, 03:28 posted on
Four months after being officially announced, the Archos GamePad is now available for purchase in some markets across Europe. Priced at 150 Euro (about $194), it is a rather unusual Android tablet marketed at gamers. The device offers physical gaming controls – a 4-way directional pad, a set of action buttons, and dual analog sticks, all the while being a fully functional Android device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Haha still, this tablet has Vita written all over it.
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3770; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Come on man! Most game pads look like this anyway...
12. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
no not really!!! the new nintendo wii U gamepad dont look like that!
9. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
nope i don't think they can, xbox controller also have the same format as this tablet
4. Cyan3boN (Posts: 444; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
if it only had an option to pop out the tablet(the white part) from the joy pad(the grey part), this wouldve made a good hybrid.
5. gazmatic (Posts: 795; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
This is a genuine idea. Not a KIRF like the Droid X360! I'll wait for the reviews before I spend 200 bucks on just an android gamer. I'm not much of a mobile gamer. I didnt buy a heavy ass alienware laptop just to play angry birds on a 4 inch screen. I hope this is good. I dont want to buy sony's overpriced propriety crap. €38 for a 4gb memory stick! No sony. Not cool
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3770; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
How on earth are we supposed to play with it since it's 7 inch! Of course, the game-play will be amazing because of the screen, however, i don't think this will be easy on the hands.
I'm just being skeptical...
PA, i hope you review this.
8. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I actually like it and the specs are not that bad. I also would like to see PA reviewing it!
Only worry I would have is battery life with the high frequency of the CPU and the most likely 45nm technology of the chip.
13. Captain_Doug (Posts: 997; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I've read from 2 different sources that it is either a 40 nm or a 32'm. However I trust the sour that said 32 nm more. It shouldn't be that bad. However battery life is still bad.
10. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
this time archos is trying to do something that apple has always done with iDevices and I quiet like it. the processor is i guess enough for smooth operation given it will run jellybean but the GPU is a beast, Mali 400 single core is fast but quad core could blew away almost the same as iPad's graphic performance
11. Captain_Doug (Posts: 997; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The GPU is a quad core. The processor is an rk3066 which is paired with a mali-400mp4.