Arching on-screen keyboard might debut in Windows Phone 8
1. wassup posted on 02 Jul 2012, 06:09 8 2
Looks cool , but it's like the old phones with the numpads
2. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 02 Jul 2012, 06:12 9 1
typing with one hand? AWESOME!!!
GIMME A BIG FAT SCREEN WITH LESS BEZEL PLEASE!!!!
5. qwertypoor posted on 02 Jul 2012, 07:40 1 0
how about no bezel Pantech to care of that already they need to make a wp8 with no Bezel too
6. fraydoe posted on 02 Jul 2012, 07:43 1 0
oh thats nice, finally something fresh, but i really dont see them comfortably fitting a whole keyboard
7. azri05 (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2012, 07:48 1 0
A very neat idea!
8. greatGreekGeek posted on 02 Jul 2012, 08:21 0 2
why the complexities? the current keypad is just fine. and anyway such a keyboard will require the phone to identify which hand the user is using to type-i dont type with a particular hand all the time..it depends.
but if the phone somehow identifies if the right or the left or both hands are being used then such a feature might come in handy.
10. whothisperson posted on 02 Jul 2012, 12:30 1 0
Its ideal for one hand typing, of course it is more suitable for large phones or people with small hands that can't reach across the screen to type with one hand. As for left and right hands, I'm pretty sure it will come with a setting to switch between the two.
11. greatGreekGeek posted on 02 Jul 2012, 13:19 0 1
what i mean to say is suppose i'm typing and suddenly i need to switch my phone over to the other hand. so i dont want to be meddling with crappy settings in the midst of the typing. and anyway how would the phone be able to guess which hand i'm using, if the manual settings are to be skipped?
14. Nullstring posted on 08 Mar 2013, 16:56 0 0
why would they call it a smartphone if it doesn't work smartly? Keypads should be smart too. Let those device sensors work if necessary
12. greatGreekGeek posted on 02 Jul 2012, 13:22 0 1
i dunno why the keyboard reminds me of 7210.
13. Nullstring posted on 08 Mar 2013, 16:51 0 0
Look great. But it would be nice to use the classic letter arrangement if they're going to design that kind of keypad.