Apps for apes: give your old iPad to a bored orangutan
0. phoneArena 24 Jan 2013, 06:47 posted on
Did you know that there's a special program which aims to enrich the lives of orangutans living in zoos by donating iPads to those zoos? These iPads are then used to entertain our intelligent friends and bring some diversity to their otherwise monotonous lives...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Cyan3boN (Posts: 429; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
or they can buy a cheap android tablet with a resistive touch screen which will cost lesser than a second hand ipad.
10. stealthd (Posts: 986; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
They want them to play with them, not throw them against a wall in frustration.
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Does that mean that apes are caching up with "some" people?
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3048; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think they're not quite there yet...maybe they'll figure out which OS is what and later, they might even switch to Android or WP figuring out that iMaps actually lead them to the APPLE tree instead of the banana tree.
7. Droiddoes (unregistered)
That orangutan is thinking "wait, you said this is the NEW ipad, it looks and acts exactly like the old one, the f*ck is this? I'll not have my intelligence insultied, good day sir."
8. TheMan (Posts: 427; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Will they throw iPads instead of feces?
The painting and music apps could be interesting. Elephants and other Great Apes besides orangs have shown an interest in painting and making music (not electronically).
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Gift the iPad to Balmer ... he will act better on those apps :)