Apps for apes: give your old iPad to a bored orangutan
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Jan 2013, 06:47
Did you know that there's a special program which aims to enrich the lives of orangutans living in zoos by donating iPads to those zoos? These iPads are then used to entertain our intelligent friends and bring some diversity to their otherwise monotonous lives...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Cyan3boN posted on 24 Jan 2013, 07:11 9 1
or they can buy a cheap android tablet with a resistive touch screen which will cost lesser than a second hand ipad.
10. stealthd posted on 24 Jan 2013, 21:06 0 0
They want them to play with them, not throw them against a wall in frustration.
4. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Jan 2013, 08:22 12 0
Does that mean that apes are caching up with "some" people?
5. Nathan_ingx posted on 24 Jan 2013, 08:42 5 0
I think they're not quite there yet...maybe they'll figure out which OS is what and later, they might even switch to Android or WP figuring out that iMaps actually lead them to the APPLE tree instead of the banana tree.
7. Droiddoes posted on 24 Jan 2013, 12:32 2 2
That orangutan is thinking "wait, you said this is the NEW ipad, it looks and acts exactly like the old one, the f*ck is this? I'll not have my intelligence insultied, good day sir."
8. TheMan posted on 24 Jan 2013, 13:29 0 0
Will they throw iPads instead of feces?
The painting and music apps could be interesting. Elephants and other Great Apes besides orangs have shown an interest in painting and making music (not electronically).
9. rusticguy posted on 24 Jan 2013, 16:25 2 0
Gift the iPad to Balmer ... he will act better on those apps :)