Apps and games: biggest memory consumers
0. phoneArena 08 Feb 2013, 03:15 posted on
Have you ever wondered what people use their mobile devices' memory for the most? Where do all those gigabytes go? Nowadays it's easy to purchase a new phone or tablet with 16, 32 or even 64 gigabytes of storage and end up no free space after just a few days of use...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
I vote pictures, it cost 60% of my memory...
And why they vote apps? Facebook and Twitter only cost less than 1gb right? No?
2. anshulrajput (Posts: 6; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
apps and games also include the big 2gb games in the store...
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nope, pictures of pokemon actually :)
7. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1524; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Bard's tale takes till 3.5 GB in HD version... Just one game.
6. Mr.Best (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
I've got like 12.8 gigs of Apps and Games on my Note 2 so definitely the third item.
11. tech2 (Posts: 3467; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
has that made your phone a bit laggy or made it a bit slow in anyway ? just curious
9. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Developers really really need to listen up and allow their games to install their data folders on sd cards rather than internal memory. My 16gb tablet can hold only a few of the large games as some can be up to 3gb in size,while the 64gb sd card in it is of no use for games and apps.
App devs really need to give users a choice of internal or external memory for game data folders. Gameloft is massively guilty of this
10. dsDoan (Posts: 229; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
Come on, Phonearena. Memory != Storage. You should know this.
12. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
I open this link because I think about some application which persistenly use much RAM
14. Stuntman (Posts: 836; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I have over 2800 songs on my phone. That is over 11GB.