Apple's website now shows October delivery for Apple iPhone 5s
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2013, 14:07 posted on
We've already known that the Apple iPhone 5s has suffered from lower production yields than Apple would have wanted; friday morning at 3am EDT, Apple started selling the phone on its website with delivery times just 1 to 3 business days days. Now, those ordering any iPhone 5s model from the subsidized handsets to the SIM free units, will have to wait until October to receive their new iPhone 5s...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 18487; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not surprised. Big demand small supply, equals SOLD OUT!!! We got ours, though not the gold one...space gray.
10. xDrizzyXx (Posts: 64; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
I ordered my gold 32gb unlocked as soon as orders opened! They start shipping on the 30th with 1-3 days shipping time :) can't wait!! I went to play around with it at my local tmobile store, the space gray is really beautiful, hope the gold doesn't disappoint
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 18487; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The hold is what I wanted, but I sold my phone the day before so I was iphone less. My main thing was 64 gigs though. Hope you enjoy it. +1
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The gold one looks the best next to the gray one. Just your luck lol. How are you liking Touch ID?
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 18487; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Loving smurf, it's actually been 100% accurate. That's surprising considering the phone just hit the market. These improvements are long over due, but now that they're here, they make it way better to use.
13. KFear (Posts: 139; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
is it everything that you wanted it to be? It looks to me that they just fixed some of the bugs with battery and wifi. The new OS is good but it's "girly", for lack of a better term. Camera is a little better in low-light, but it's not everything they made it out to be. Processor...well, most of what is in the App Store really doesn't take full advantage of the new quad-core by samsung. And why the heck didn't they make it HD. I just don't get that. Still with the letterbox. Apple still won't budge with some things i guess
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 18487; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude I just like the phone bro. I could think of a million things with every phone on the market, to end up not buying one. Great/non perfect device, fits my needs/wants, and iOS is improved to where it will continue to be my daily driver.
17. KFear (Posts: 139; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
i'm just saying. I'm in the industry and it seemed like nobody was really floored by it. The five was a bigger deal but not as much as the 4. We didn't even have a line this time around! More people are talking about The Note, but i was kind of disappointed with the design choice of that model too.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 18487; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I wasn't floored by it. The only device that floored me was the One, and that was only looks wise. iPhone 5S, gnote3,and s4 were all nice looking yet conservative upgrades. The leather back of the note3 is hideous though. I'm good with my 5S.
27. KFear (Posts: 139; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I have the One. More and more people are seeing that the glue comes loose that holds the screen to the body. HTC always has hardware issues. So for it's not out of control but i've seen a lot of people have issues with it. Iphones and Samsung devices never have this problem
38. KFear (Posts: 139; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
The One is not plastic. And the samsung "plastic" device does hold up. What the point you were trying to make?
31. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Dude stop hatin', it's not girly; I mean, if you consider rAiNbow fuscia iCons with the slightest hint of lavender on a gold phone girly then something is seriously wrong with you. I think men should be free to explore their iFemiNiNe side.
35. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I tried an IOS 7 clone on a MIUI theme. It is "girly" and looks worse than the old theme. Too bad its not like android where if you don't like the theme you can actually change it.
40. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Really, Android can do that??
Well color me iRaiNbow nAiVe :d
24. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8991; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
:( lucky you. I am sad as I was unable to get one
45. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That sucks. Try Best Buy. The one near me last night had plenty in stock.
30. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Not surprised: just another marketing stunt by Apple to make people think that the iPhone is hotter than ever so that the people who already threw away hundreds of their grocery money for the year wouldn't feel so suckered. And, to make everyone think it's still coooool to have an iPhone.
Personally, iWould've loved to see you with the gold one; somehow, it seemed a befitting choicefor your big and Mary self.
Anyway, congrats and here's to the new iOS7.1013260043.45 to fix all the bugs - whenever they get that build finished.
2. bucky (Posts: 2288; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I got the space grey as well. I'm loving mine so far
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 18487; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
+1 to that. So far the browser is really blowing me away, the new design of it is sweet. And the touch ID has been 100% accurate so far. My wife had the 8x, and she's like wowwww I'm hooked lol. She got the 32 gig space gray. Go into your calculator and you'll notice that you simply swipe digits away, that you don't want. Neat feature.
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Go into your calculator and you'll notice that you simply swipe digits away, that you don't want. Neat feature."
Glad to hear that you are happy about your calculator. :D
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 18487; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
After yesterday, I think I'm done responding too, or chatting with you period for awhile. That's all I have to say.
36. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Thats cute, my Nexus 4's system default Calculator is set to a TI84 emulator that can do a million things that the stock one can't.
42. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1987; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
You know what else is cute ? The little nubs on the version 11 and up because the N4 backs would crack without warning and without rough use.
3. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
darkjedii I got the 5S bur I also want the 5C
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 18487; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've been watching C reviews, and it's definitely been stepped up from the OG 5. The blue one is the sweetest to me, I say go for it. +1
6. nctx77 (Posts: 1451; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Maybe I'm getting people mixed up, but I thought you were an android guy.
9. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
its a little confusing but the whole idea is the transition from android to iphone
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 18487; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nope, I'm a techie. I use both iOS, and android. My android device is a used note 2 from Craigslist, love it too, but iOS is my go to OS.
8. bucky (Posts: 2288; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I think its 50/50. If you get a good deal from your provider it's worth it. Camera is stunning which was huge for me. The finger print scanner works every time for me too
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 18487; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The camera specifically auto file compression/auto file editing in the vid camera is huge for me too. It's a deal breaker not to have it, that's why iOS will continue to be my go to OS. One thing I don't like/understand about android is as good as it is, why doesn't it do that. If the file is too large, instead of auto compressing it, it just says unable to attach file too large. Grrrrrrrrrr...
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
No way! Check reviews and iPhone 5 and 5S comparisons on Pocketnow YouTube channel.
33. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Did you get a chance to handle the C or was it too much of a madhouse? New phone, curious to your first impression if you had the opportunity to try one.
41. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1987; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I had a blue c sitting on my counter for 24 hours, and it was all I could do not to open it. Of course, the 5 5s's are making me more crazy (Yes, 6 new iPhones, but I always sell the first wave to fund my tech cravings throughout the year).
43. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
So much for demo units, eh? Then again, if I worked there with a full range of phones, probably nothing would get done. lol
28. bubbadoes (Posts: 733; Member since: 03 May 2012)
All a marketing technique. It's no demand for the phone..and wallstreet investors see the light also.
37. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I am expecting huge flop in sales this year. Apple is dying people see through their tricks now because it got old. Android and Windows Phones are slowly eating away whats left of Apples marketshare.
44. Shinydesert (Posts: 62; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I hope not, we need Apple in order for the other companies to keep developing and releasin new OS and apps. The more the merrier.
34. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
hey..my mom want to get one too!! Because of her arthritis, it's too sore to camp in the cold. Now she has too wait too... i ve told her just PAINT the bloody iphone 5in GOLD colour.
39. Vireak (unregistered)
They only have the 16 GB 5S where I am, and it's $1050, unlocked, of course. I want the 64 GB model. Can't imagine how much that will cost. :-(