x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
  • Options
    Close




Apple's the Hollywood darling with iDevices appearing in 40% of the 2011 box office hits

0. phoneArena 14 May 2012, 04:57 posted on

Our collective geek subconscious no doubt registers each time an Apple device or an Android gear shows up on a movie or TV series, but now reseearch firms have dressed up those appearances into numbers for 2011. Last year Apple was the Hollywood darling with iDevices appearing in no less than 40% of the 2011 box office hits, and that's without Apple paying a dime, but rather offering barter deals in its own ads and iTunes screens...

This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here

posted on 14 May 2012, 05:48

1. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)


why do I care when its not my darling, its a bi**h.

posted on 14 May 2012, 05:50

2. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)


Free Marketing?

posted on 14 May 2012, 06:00 4

3. x7black7x (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)


fasion symbols '' iphone, ipad, ipod, isheep, istevejobs''

posted on 14 May 2012, 16:40

14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6129; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)


you also forget to mention. iHOLLYWOOD

posted on 14 May 2012, 10:02

4. networkdood (Posts: 6247; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)


Wow, it was a much higher percentage in 2009....I see more Android phones in movies now...not that it matters

posted on 14 May 2012, 10:09 1

5. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)


so, if its 40%, whats the other 60%? hmm? we know its not going to be blackberries and WP7 very often. Me thinks the story ignores a green giant in the room.

posted on 14 May 2012, 11:24

6. paulyyd (Posts: 325; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)


lol keep dreaming buddy

posted on 14 May 2012, 12:05 1

7. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)


Sad, but no one cares about android. It's just a cheaper alternative.

posted on 14 May 2012, 14:03

10. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)


nitroglycerine

posted on 14 May 2012, 16:39

12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6129; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)


NO ONE CARES bout taco50 dumb comments

posted on 14 May 2012, 13:51

9. mrochester (unregistered)


Who knows who the other 60% of devices are made by. Probably a mix of every other manufacturer on the market. I doubt the other 60% is any one particular manufacturer.

posted on 14 May 2012, 14:04

11. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)


when was the last time you didnt see a phone that was either a apple or android on a current show? Its pretty rare these days. so its a pretty obvious guess what would make up the bulk of the other 60%

posted on 14 May 2012, 12:56

8. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)


WE SAY™ its fashion. A show off. A Trend. Its for Basic
People.....!?
WE SAY™ Androids are for Technical people....!? WE ARE™ Proud..... !?

posted on 14 May 2012, 16:40

13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6129; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)


already saw it on upcoming MIB III and already on Ghost Adventures Crew. I could care less bout iHollywood

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories