Apple's smaller iPad to actually be called the iPad Mini indeed, speculation mounts
1. TheLibertine posted on 27 Aug 2012, 09:14 10
A relief for those who can not afford a big iPad, a bitter disappointment for hardcore Apple fans (those who really believe in the companies one-fits-all-philosophy). As I am neither, I don't really care.
Should raise the iPad market share even further from staggering seventy percent.
7. jmoita2 posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:04 8
And once again, bold Apple follows the trend instead of setting it...
15. sithvenger (banned) posted on 27 Aug 2012, 11:38 3
Every one follows in some way. Remember a good leader is also a good follower.
10. joey_sfb posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:15 2
one-fits-all-philosophy is bulls**t. Its like saying everyone like to have oats for breakfast.
11. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:27 4
one-fits-all approach is to maximize Apple's profits, and not about users.
23. downphoenix posted on 27 Aug 2012, 15:03 0
maybe with specs similar to the Ipad 2, and only 8GB of memory, I could see it.
3. Smart posted on 27 Aug 2012, 09:22 4
"We've been referring to the smaller, more affordable tablet expected from Apple this fall, as the iPad Mini, for the sake of convenience, but it could very well have be something else."
4. residualhatred posted on 27 Aug 2012, 09:26 2
Apple has enough confidence in themselves to sell a 7.85 inch tablet at about $300, whereas most companies are selling their 7 inch tablets at around $200. Im going to have plenty of tablets to choose from come Xmas.
21. smallcolabear posted on 27 Aug 2012, 12:09 0
Samsung has their i800 galaxy 7 inch at around 400.00. The new Samsung 7.7 is 550.00. Xyboard 8.2 is 430.00. No these prices come with a cell network were they would probably be 100.00 less without it. The Kindle is 200.00 The Levano idea pad is 250.00, the playbook just been lowered to 200.00, the Nook tablet is 250.00 There are tons of tablets that are priced around 200.00 but some of them I would never consider I guess.
6. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 27 Aug 2012, 09:53 1
$300 iPad (even mini) from Apple, and pigs fly...
12. -box- posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:30 5
Sorry, but ipad mini still sounds like a feminine hygiene product... Better than ipod maxi or something...
20. SteveWozzENIAC posted on 27 Aug 2012, 12:01 1
Jenny " Mom bring me some ipad...the mini one from the market "
14. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 27 Aug 2012, 11:18 1
A good a name as any I guess. I look forward to seeing it. September is going to be a busy month, and we now have October to look forward to.
17. SteveWozzENIAC posted on 27 Aug 2012, 11:42 1
what do you think about the price ?
An iPad Mini with 3G on board.
19. SteveWozzENIAC posted on 27 Aug 2012, 11:48 1
300 USD (CND) as well is fine i guess..
PS: Talking about the 3G model...
22. kcombs posted on 27 Aug 2012, 14:32 0
You would think apple would want to fill the smart phone market with multiple size smart phones, not iPads. And before you bash, .05 is not a huge difference in size. (referring to the new iPhone)
24. downphoenix posted on 27 Aug 2012, 15:10 0
Agreed. Instead of doing the slight, slight upgrade to 4", I think they should have marketed the classic size, then a bigger one, say 4.5-4.7 inch, for those that want a bigger screen. The differecne between 3.5 and 4 is minimal, 3.5 and 4.7, now that's a big difference.
25. jjackielz posted on 27 Aug 2012, 19:36 0
Im sick with iOS UI.
i think ipad-mini will be same specs as the ipad 2 with just different display.
26. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 27 Aug 2012, 21:41 0
i dont think if iPad mini will boom like iPad... 8gb of memory no back camera... i dont thinks so...
but if apple will make something to make iPad mini to be love by people like 10gb and front and back bamera at 5mp will be a good deal at starting price $250.. and the $300 variant will be 20gb... if they will go 8gb, i dont think that it will sell like hotcakes like the iPad and the nexus..
and if this is true, what about the iPod touch? the 8gb version starts at $200.. so i think if they dont follow the memory pattern of the nexus 7 or its iPod and make 10gb version instead, it will have a market in 7" tablets...
but we will never know.. this is apple we are talking about.. the company that is worth a trillion dollar...
if microsoft will truely price the surface RT at $199, then my money goes to surface...
27. tmcr7 posted on 27 Aug 2012, 22:04 2
Wow! So innovative! That was like the Galaxy Tab 2 years ago.