Apple's patent application aims for on-the-go recharging for the Apple iPad using the Smart Cover
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2013, 06:13 posted on
A patent application filed by Apple titled "Integrated inductive charging in protective cover," seeks protection for a special Smart Cover for the Apple iPad that would have all of the necessary battery cells and while the cover itself would have to be re-charged via a wire to an outlet, solar power panels can help speed up the process...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 3SM.. (banned) (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
Well this is actually a patent for Apple worth patenting.
2. lyndon420 (Posts: 1359; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Wow. No stupid shape patent. No patent for something that someone else already made. I'm genuinely impressed apple. Good job...this actually is innovative.
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3726; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is interesting....., now this is what I call INNOVATION.
11. ZeroCide (Posts: 592; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Not sure this is innovation. solar charge covers already exist in the market, and wireless charging can be found in in Nokia and samsung phones. Putting these two things together is not quite innovation.
The Ipad as it is now cannot wireless charge. but the Nokia and samsung phones can. If someone made a solar charge cover with Qi tech for the Galaxy S3 it could do it now.
Oh and typical Apple patent stuff that already exists.
4. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Cool but i cant imagine how expensive that thing maybe 99$ ? Considering its apple we talking about
5. dmat3889 (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Im guessing they realized nobody had the patent on a tablet case that has an induction charger built in. Wonder if they will sue energizer for making one when that happens since they have previously made them for the some iphones.
Maybe this will get the ball rolling on adding this to more products than having to use a stand like some tablets have. And they have the patent for that too.....run HP run
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5173; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That does it no more stupid patents from apple
8. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I think I agree with the other comments...I am actually impress with this. This is a new way to do something....a.k.a innovation. Not just already existing tech with a new name :).
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Hmmm how about patenting charging using the WIFI signals ... ... hey run to USPTO :D