Apple's new tablets snapped again, along with the iPad 5 thinner display assembly
0. phoneArena 18 Oct 2013, 02:06 posted on
The newest leak claiming to be photos of the upcoming Apple iPad 5 and the smaller iPad mini 2 shows an interesting observation, namely that the iPad mini 2 might not have the fingerprint scanning Touch ID technology, but the good old home button, probably to keep costs at bay...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. NAWF_SIDE (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Yup......its an ipad....and a ipad jr
2. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1989; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Too bad no retina display for the mini. Or is it?
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This could give explanation to the iPad mini 2 being thinner, if they use the same type of display as the iPad 5 for the mini. It also gives hope that there will be a Retina display after all.
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Mini 2 is getting more and more disappointing.
First the lack of Retina display and now Touch ID.
4. power_x (Posts: 264; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
I think apple made the mini 2 like this , because they dont want it to eat into the bigger iPad 5 sales
7. Finalflash (Posts: 2769; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
How does it make sense to shaft their own product's appeal. If people want a 7-8 incher they aren't going to an iPad to get that fix. They are going to buy another 7-8 inch tablet which is not going to be an iPad. Sure a few die hard idiots will buy the shafted mini, but thats how you bleed market to death. When people are comfortable with your products and don't want to move because they don't like to change, you want to make sure you don't FORCE them to do it. Cause when they go out of your circle and find they like it better in another, they likely won't come back. That is exactly how I left the Apple camp and can't see myself going back at the rate they're continually releasing sub par marketing points.
5. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
does the battery get affected when they make these iPads thinner? cause in my mind i keep on thinking that the battery capacity and size gets shrunk.
8. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
shrinks in die size and display technology result in better battery efficiency, not to mention batteries are getting better too.
I agree with you though I say leave a little heft and make the battery a beast
6. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
pic nmbr 2 ..... ipad with old home button
9. Sakeem (Posts: 413; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
So what are the actual upgrades for the Ipad mini 2? Faster chip? Thinner?
10. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
It gives you way more sex appeal at a hipster convention!