Apple’s new iOS Maps mistakes the names of oceans, asks you to jump off a bridge
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2012, 09:09 posted on
Apple’s new Maps application in iOS 6 is... new. So new that we haven’t seen much of it yet, but developers who are most eager to try it out have already found some minor mistakes…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
79. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Expect more of these kinds of stories as iOS v. 6 sees the light of day. Remember all of the stories that developed after the covers were removed from Siri?
113. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
it is iOceans.....they are situated iBetter.....because the new slogan of Apple is going to be "we will bring you every Ocean to your doors....who else can do that?"
2. marinbuyukliev (Posts: 13; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
FAIL FAIL FAIL AGAIN AND AGAIN STOP APPLE YOU SUCKS KILL YOURSELF PLC
74. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
iOS 6 hasn't even come out yet. I could see if this was in the final release, but my God, is it really a big deal at this moment? Pretty much given up on this site. There is no decent conversation anymore. I don't even think you guys come here for phone news...just to trash Apple.
The funniest thing of all...look at the front page. Most comments are on Apple topics. It's like you guys don't really even care about Android to talk about it.
Oh well...enjoy guys. It's been real.
82. hltechie (unregistered)
Couldn't agree more
87. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Jeff, you know I'd hate to see you go. I've taken a few breaks from PA myself, but what I always try to do(sometimes very unsuccessfully) is ignore the flame bait. There are going to be people who just flat out HATE Apple or HATE Android/Google on just about every tech site, just different user names.
107. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Apple boys TT more than Android boys do, we're doing 1/10 damage of what Apple Fans do :)
84. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
PLC? Your comment fails, fails, fails, and fails again. Stop marinbuyukliev, you suck.
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I guess for Apple fans it is not a mistakes.
56. DawsonLee (Posts: 26; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
Your comment sir, is epic, and rightly so, thumbs up!
73. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Then we are going to see a sharp increase in the number of ios user deaths due to driving off bridges.
106. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
because they can't SPELL like their iOS
5. markhsu (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
LOL weren't people talking about how terrible Google navigation was and that finally apple would do it right? LOL should have stuck with Google instead of spending all that money.
69. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Um.. This is BETA, it's not a final release....
76. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
So is SIRI in iOS 5, but people still use it like a finished product
86. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
That still doesn't mean it's not in beta. How people use it is irrelevant.
112. roscuthiii (Posts: 2224; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Beta my ass. Beta releases are limited in scope so beta testers are able to identify bugs for fixing before release to the mass market. Any other use of the term "beta" by anyone is disingenuous and only covering up product fallacies. All products are continuously being upgraded and updated so we may as well slap a beta disclaimer on absolutely everything.
Siri, being integrated into iOS, is no beta product.
95. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Now iDon't have to drive the herd on a long walk off a short pier.. their iOS devices will do that for us!!!
6. RangersK (Posts: 68; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Apple: "We're under global warming and it's changed everything."
39. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Lol, this is so funny.
Im glad, cos im not gonna get voice turn by turn cos i have an iPhone 4 without the S
7. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Hey it's not the final release though. Plus it's tom tom that's powering the new maps. It's something they will fix hopefully...
44. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Im so perplexed ryt now. I thought Apple doesnt hype on somethin unless it works. Apple doesnt release anything to nobody unless it works
Can we stop makin xcuses for Apple, for once. Google maps took years to get to where it is now, how can Apple have top of the range maps whn Nokia, google and the rest have bn in d business for like, ever?
54. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I just think it will get updated in the final release. But yeah I agree, google maps is the best, and Nokia maps is pretty good. All I was saying is not just apple it's TomTom's directions.
8. tedkord (Posts: 11926; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's not released yet, right? I would hope Apple would have most bugs worked out by release.
Now, if it releases in this condition, I'll join everyone in a good laugh at Apple.
9. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
OMG! Do we have to argue about earth's geography with the sheep now?
PS: Sheeps go wherever they're pointed :P
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Do we have to argue about earth's geography with the sheep now?"
+1 for you. :D