Apple's latest patent filing suggest that it's working on a new Bluetooth protocol for iWatch
0. phoneArena 07 Nov 2013, 06:59 posted on
We've been hearing all about the Apple iWatch, and the noise has definitely been kicked-up a notch ever since Samsung outed their conflicting Gear smartwatch. By now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
hopefully it will be longer than a 10 hour battery life
20. ph00ny (Posts: 1246; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Assuming that's a jab at Galaxy Gear, it actually lasts whole lot more than 10 hours
23. joey_sfb (Posts: 5824; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Gear last 25 hours. I started work at 8am reach home about 9 plus. The remaining charge is 73% to 78%. Samsung battery are great that why Apple keep coming back to buy from them.
Gear is very useful and i will buy the gear 2 when its release next year.
2. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Wow, a patent on checking for stuff every x amount of time instead of continuously! I've never seen any other device do that before! Patent granted!
8. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Seriously do we have to know every patent that Apple patent?
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 21734; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Seriously do you have to get on every apple article and complain? You're worse that phonearenauser.
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Seriously do you have to get on every article and complain about me? :D
4. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Waiting for it. Apple is leading the innovation.
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
So you're a SIMPLE student? Yeah your brain seems to work kinda simply.
18. applesucker (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
in their own claims as if most of their innovations are just copies from the others and one good example was their touch ID they claimed the patent as they own but motorola has it 3 yrs ago in one of their smartphones
9. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2971; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
You do know it's not designed by Apple? ;)
27. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2971; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It's not running anything, it's a concept watch and not the real deal
10. ilia1986 (unregistered)
This is one of those very very very rare moments when I actually want Apple to show Samsung, Sony and the others how to design thin, slim, good-looking watches.
Yes, it will be overpriced.
Yes, because of apple's arrogance it will be only possible to pair it with an ios device.
But it might drive the other companies to follow suit and instead of packing 60000 features - to pack just the right ones, just the right way and in the right shape.
12. McLTE (Posts: 854; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
here's some news for you.. while yes Apple really pushed the smart phone craze.. the other companies don't NEED Apple to show them the way.
If apple suddenly imploded and disappeared, I think innovation and the tech world would carry on just fine.
13. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Yes, but if there is one thing apple knows how to do is to make relatively stylish devices..
Let's be honest here. Both the Sony smartwatch and the Galaxy gear don't look that good...
24. joey_sfb (Posts: 5824; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Disagree. You don't even know what an apple smart watch would look like and you automatically assume it will look better than the other smart watches.
Sounds like a Apple fanatic to me.
25. ilia1986 (unregistered)
lol the last thing anyone would say about me is that I'm an apple fanatic. An anti-apple fanatic is more like it.
And I don't assume. That's my opinion.
21. ph00ny (Posts: 1246; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Still hard to do without proper components. It sounds like apple is reaching out to LG for the flexible OLED but battery is another puzzle piece that needs to be solved
14. antonma (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
Is this means that iwatch will only support iproducts
Like summy(might will have support for other android devices)
17. jack123 (Posts: 189; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
The design look a lot better than smartwatch from Sony, and Galaxy gear look the worst.
19. JMartin22 (Posts: 1982; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Ah Apple, putting patents on stuff that either exists similarly or will never create themselves, waiting to pounce on a firm that does. Did I mention how great Apple is?
22. GoGoGalaxyNexus (Posts: 58; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
OMG, everyone posting comments are just looking at the picture instead of reading the article, the picture is just a concept, probably a fan made concept
28. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
So when A patented comes by android it's all innovation but when one comes to Apple it's all hail y'all need to grow up android is not the whole mobile space y'all brag about competition but when Apple BlackBerry Windows phone steps in y'all have a issue which is ironically funny because android is about choice