Apple's "iPhone Reuse and Recycle Program" detailed, will begin rolling out August 30th
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2013, 19:18 posted on
If this bit of news turns out to be true, it is something of a surprise. We had assumed that Apple wouldn't launch its rumored iPhone trade-in program until the new iPhone 5S is released, but the new word is that the so-called "iPhone Reuse and Recycle Program" will actually begin rolling out starting August 30th, and will become widely available by early September...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
At least they are doing good using the 3 R's.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9903; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sorry, but I'd rather use Craigslist and get more money than what they're offering. The iPhone 4 is still selling more than $200 for the 32GB/64GB models...
4. Ninetysix (Posts: 1967; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yes because Craigslist will be as reliable. How often do you think people get scammed there?
9. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Best Buy even offered a much better offer. $80? I'll pass.
6. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
"And, contrary to earlier rumors, the iPhones taken for reuse will not be shipped to emerging markets, but will be refurbished for U.S. consumers"
One hundred poke dollars says that... suddenly... prices of some iPhone models will drop on emerging markets with the upcoming "less warranty, lower prices, same iPhones" plan, or something like that.
As for the warranty part, the marketing dept could just throw a joke like "Why so much warranty and high prices for that when your phone isn't made of cheap plastic?"
7. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
zennacko, you are trying too hard. You are not making any sense.
10. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
sarcasm is something that everybody should understand, or not.
8. sriuslywtf (Posts: 297; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Not sure if they are helping people to save or ripping people of their old phones..