Apple's iOS 7 beta 5 available for developers; video shows new "slide to power off" design
The update weighs in at 150MB and includes a seed for Apple TV. An iOS 7 device will be able to set up Apple TV after restoring or resetting all settings. Apple iPhone 4 and the Apple iPad 2 are not supporting this feature. Other changes include a new design for the "slide to power off" function. There are also new "in-call" icons and the install screen on iOS7 beta 5 is the same color as your iPhone. The white iPhone now shows a black apple on a white background (see the slideshow below).
Most likely we will see the final version of the OS roll out around the same time that the next iteration of the iPhone is announced or released. The latest information we have is to expect a September 18th unveiling of the new devices from Apple, with a launch on September 27th.
iOS7 beta 5 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
iOS7 beta 5
source: AppleDeveloper (subscription req'd) via 9to5Mac
1. karim77 (Posts: 61; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Can we just skip the ios beta news and tell only when they release their final software for people, because really who care for apple beta,they just don't deserve all the attention !!!!
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2844; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
People who want to see the new features and developers who test it to optimize their apps.
Don't be so one sided.
8. karim77 (Posts: 61; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
I totally agree with your second point but about the new features....I don't think so,these are all minor things that anybody will now from the settings menu when the software will be released :)
14. buccob (Posts: 1046; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I agree with the first part of your comment...
However it is funny the "Don't be so one sided." coming from you.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5278; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Why the misery? It shows upcoming features, and for iOS fans, I suspect they like the info.
28. frydaexiii (Posts: 1156; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
The type of news each OS gets
iOS: Rumor, Rumor,Rumor, Patent, Rumor, Lawsuit, Beta, Lawsuit, Beta, Rumor, Underwhelming final product, Lawsuit.
Android: Rumor, Rumor, Leak, Final Product, Lawsuit from Apple.
WP: Steve Ballmer being cocky and giving random statistics for poor sales, Final Product, Models running the last version of WP not supported.
9. sum182 (Posts: 217; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
yea dude, one of the few time i agree with Mxy, i can see how this could be exciting to iOS fans as it shows new features and fixes to the upcoming software for their phone. I bet you eat up any android/wp (which ever way you go) software news coming out, i know i'm dying for klp info. And even tho im not a fan of iOS, i still like to follow this and see what their doing.
12. stealthd (Posts: 863; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
You could skip them, by not clicking on them.
18. davidbonatz (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
You dont want news because you aren't a dev. Developers and people who have downloaded the betas do care. Especially if the features and bugs fixed are small and almost unnoticeable. So just calm down and wait for iOS 7 to come to your pretty little iPhone 4S :P Is it even an iPhone 4S?
3. Sauce (limited) (Posts: 1054; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Holy cow that was fast. Prob trying to get back on track after the dev center was down.
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5278; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Is this the true power off (as in what occurs when you press and hold the power button for ~8 seconds and then slide the slider to power off the iToy)? Or?
10. sum182 (Posts: 217; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Also, i dont like how the cancel button is just slapped over the icons, looks terrible IMO
13. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1469; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Seriously, that looks so tacky. Like a 3 yr old did the graphic design too. I am very disappointed in this "all new" iOS
19. davidbonatz (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
In a lot of aspects it has taken a lot of features from android. In terms of design, im all for it. It looks loads better than iOS 6, in my opinion
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sad that now I don't have a possibility to test new iOS 7 Beta.
31. vincelongman (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I'm not even getting iOS 7 on my iPod Touch 4, iOS 6 is ready laggy and iOS 7 would be worse because of multitasking and cooler animations, so I understand why. But my iPod Touch 4 is nearly 3 years old, and I was already planning on upgrading anyway. Don't know what I'll upgrade to, probably wait to the rest of the 2013 phones are released before deciding.
32. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 152; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
I don't think the iPod 4 will even get the update to iOS 7. Only the iPhone 4, 4S, iPod 5th G and iPhone 5, obviously. Oh, and also the iPad's (I'm not sure which)
33. vincelongman (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yep (sadly), that's what I meant by "I'm not even getting iOS 7 on my iPod Touch 4"
34. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I have iPhone 5 64GB, but I don't use it as my main phone, at the momen it just lie somewhere in my drawer with iOS 6.1.4. I want to try new iOS 7 Beta 5, but the problem is that at the moment I don't have "Lightning" cable to charge it or upload new OS. :\
15. Eonnaydra (Posts: 185; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
iOS 7 is like Vista.It will be a big failure for Apple.
iOS needs more flexibility and more openness not a new cartoonish UI which looks worse than the old one.
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I agree that new UI looks worse than the old one.
16. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
slide to power off copies windows phone
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So what? Coke has its soda in a can, so it copied Pepsi or vice versa
27. frydaexiii (Posts: 1156; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Seriously? Have you totally forgotten about the whole "Pepsi is a copy of Coca Cola" thing?
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
how stable is 7 now?
i'm thinking about going back to an iPhone 5 for a bit. o:
25. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 598; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I had zero lag or random reboots on Beta 4. 5 is nice, so far. I'm glad they changed the onscreen keyboard back after 2. Helvetica Neue was annoying on white keys and a light background.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Closer and closer to the awesome gold master.
24. grahaman27 (Posts: 234; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It had a TV off animation... Where have I seen that a million times before?
26. frydaexiii (Posts: 1156; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, it's so familiar, I just can't place my finger on it...*Press Galaxy S3 power button*CRT off effect*
29. chemhaz (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I don't get it, what's to get excited about, having to slide your finger across the length of the screen to shut you phone down when I can do it with a nano second touch on my Android ?
30. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i might get the new iphone and see what's ios7 will bring to the table.