Apple's iOS 7 Lightning cable security check hacked by a Chinese firm
According to Cyril Chang, who is working at the Chinese firm, in order for Apple to fix that issue it has to change its own Lightning cable hardware, since the cheaper version was made accessible via a hardware crack.
1. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Don't know what's Apple's problem to seek monopoly on everything. Standard MicroUSB isn't bad at all. If they want to be special then consider providing USB 3.0 support, instead of wasting resources on something strange like custom ports.
Nokia, SS, LG, Sony everybody has long left the idea of custom ports.
3. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Money, that's why. Apple squeezes every little cent, they get everything out of their potential. It also adds the feel of exclusivity and a premium feel for the consumers. It's Apple subtle yet clever qualities that make them so popular and praised.
5. buccob (Posts: 1307; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Agree... at least until "cheap" iPhone appears... then the feel of exclusivity will go down the drain
9. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Even someone said that cheap iPhone won't be that cheap. In other words, less bang for the buck. Heck, even Apple shareholders don't want the cheap version of iPhone. That kind of company Apple is.
They have my respect of innovating many new things (must agree) but there must be something wrong they've done as now they are seeking for Fire Exit doors.
12. axbog (Posts: 21; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
What exclusivity feel? The world is full of Apple products. More like seeking monopol and money squeezing.
13. joey_sfb (Posts: 2564; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple fan might have different degrees of brains poisoning by aluminum oxide. LoL
17. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
You're so sassy, why? I'm no Apple fan, i'm just stating what they are doing with their products. It's true, maybe you're the one with the "plastic poisoning". *WHIP SNAP*
7. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 880; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
disagreeing with you on this matter!
thunderbolt used by apple is quite amazing and it smashes USB 3.0 it just doesn't have enough support and that is it's problem even USB 3.0 hasn't been mass produced yet !
10. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Aren't we talking about Lightning cable here? Isn't PA a site for mobile devices? Thunderbolt is out of equation on mobile devices.
19. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Look around you, Phonearena isn't *just* for phones. If you realised...
6. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Apple deserved it
18. ZeroCide (Posts: 683; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
This is news because now even though iOS 7 was going to put a lockdownon aftermarket cables. (Which is extremely stupid. This kind of crap is why i hate Apple.) We can now expect cheaper Aftermarket cables that will work on iOS 7.