Apple's ex-retail boss Ron Johnson out from JC Penney, back to the mothership?
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2013, 02:50 posted on
Word on the street is that Ron Johnson might make a swing at Apple again, as now the retail shops of the electronics giant are directly run by Tim Cook himself, who probably has much more on his head with the falling stock price and the plotting of Apple's future products against the Android crusade anyway...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5149; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Stranger things have happened before. Only thing is, when you leave Apple, they tend to move on. Maybe Tim is tiring of the retail people reporting to him?
2. dangchitrung (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
The title should read " Apple's sex-retail boss... "
3. PAPINYC (Posts: 1950; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
So what you're saying is......
Mr. Johnson can succeed with product that allegedly sells itself but, when he actually has to work for success, he is nothing short of an absolute failure.
My sources tell me that he failed with J.C. Penney because the Board of Directors wouldn't approve his two requests for rebranding:
1. Change store name to J.C. iPenney.
2. Wouldn't allow stores daily sync to iTunes.