Apple's ex-retail boss Ron Johnson out from JC Penney, back to the mothership?
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Stranger things have happened before. Only thing is, when you leave Apple, they tend to move on. Maybe Tim is tiring of the retail people reporting to him?
2. dangchitrung (Posts: 86; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
The title should read " Apple's sex-retail boss... "
3. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
So what you're saying is......
Mr. Johnson can succeed with product that allegedly sells itself but, when he actually has to work for success, he is nothing short of an absolute failure.
My sources tell me that he failed with J.C. Penney because the Board of Directors wouldn't approve his two requests for rebranding:
1. Change store name to J.C. iPenney.
2. Wouldn't allow stores daily sync to iTunes.