Apple's disappointments and successes with the iPhone 4S announcement
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Oct 2011, 08:56
Apple's event shows it has fallen into the Mac routine, where it may not be able to lead on all features or hardware, but will on focus on its core competencies, as well as unity, experience, and customer loyalty...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
196. blkpacdrums (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 13:43 1
i have to say... i like iphone, but am kinda disappointed it didn't make it to LTE yet.
212. major.crapplefailure (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 14:42 0
apple finally release dual core, high five. NOT. the iphone 4s will still not be able to keep up with the functionality of android. and for Joak to say the 4s will out perform even the current dual core phones out, i'm sorry to inform you the iphone will still be 10 times slower with its outdated 3g. hey, atleast their following example from Android and providing a few "new" features, for iPhone users that is.. but all of us android users have been utilizing for over a year.
214. Jam (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 14:52 0
I think Apple is not "rethinking" as well as they did years ago. The only good thing was Siri. Samsung, HTC even LG, are going to launch a new and better phones this year and next one. I love Android and iphone phones but this is not a good time for doing an upgrade (iphone)...you'll get the same.
227. 530gemini posted on 05 Oct 2011, 16:43 0
@jam. Samsung, htc, and Lg, releases the same phones every month, just with different names, lol. They would just increase the screen size .1 inch, and it's an all new phone all of a sudden, hahahahaha. And of course android fanboys fall for it.
When is a single core iphone and a dual core iphone the same? When is a 512mb RAM iphone and a 1gb RAM iphone the same? When is a 5mp iphone and an 8mp iphone the same? When is an iphone that can shoot 780p video and an iphone that can shoot 1080p video the same? Please explain yourself coz u kinda lost me.
251. clint (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 16:24 0
I think Jam's point is that if you're releasing a phone every 18 months, you might want it to be a bit more future proof. Especially when the 'new' features that are being touted as groundbreaking are actually a rehash of what the competitor has had for several months.
Here's a thought...why didn't the iPhone get a larger screen? Its not like the phone isn't huge enough. Oh wait...probably the same reason the original iPad dumped the camera...made a bigger iTouch and then realized they didn't have room. Reality says they didn't want to pay for it. Apple has a proven track record of charging way more than a product is worth. Its called gouging the customer and it happens regardless of whether the customer knows it or not.
220. Iphone4SSSS (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 15:40 1
No wonder the guy that found the prototype at the bar sold it on Craigslist for 200, he thought it was a regular Iphone4! Bwahahahahahaha
223. InDaMiddle posted on 05 Oct 2011, 16:15 0
Was about to go Android... waiting for Prime. But after reading this article I'm definitely back on iPhone.
248. helse (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 12:15 0
Apple is a great company, they make nice looking cellphones, they make great promotion, they make good quality cellphones.........however after using my iphone 4 for a year and some months I was expecting a full redesign, a 4 inch screen and some new nice new features.... now i'm not in favor of android or apple since I have owned both types of cellphones, It is really obvious how apple made a horrible move this time and how many were disappointed.... I had been waiting for the new iphone for quite awhile and now the wait is over!!! since I will be getting an android this time...for all of you who support apple you must consider getting an android this time, and maybe next time we will hope for something better from apple.
249. David CR (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 13:23 0
Indeed the spectation for the iPhone 4s or 5 or whatever, where very high even graspping sci-fi, but the real deal here is that it is a very good product (as well as 90% of android phones, the chinesse clones really suck) and a solid market. Beyond 4S I believe Apple should split their iPhone line, so it can do a fair competition against Androids and some possible WP7(not a great deal, but still I want one), because the high end Android are awesome, and also the low end androids are very cheap and give you things like 720p video recording for $300-$400 range unlocked (or contract free).
Innovation... well I just will say anyone does something from 0, we all take ideas from others and add something ours, the way something works is what people fight for, take sony ericsson-apple fight as example.
Oh and im no fan of anyone, but wanted to say im sad of Steve Jobs death, a great man and pionner has passed away
250. clint (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 16:16 1
Does anyone else find this blog a little odd? Like the writer is trying to find excuses for Apple while very mildly admonishing them?
Apple's new iPhone 4S could have been a lot more. How about this:
Upsides (read GOOD):
1. They fixed an antenna issue that appeared in the iPhone 4 orginal design.
2. They cut costs by making one phone design (world phone) rather than 2 separate designs.
3. They added an 8 MP camera.
4. They added a state of the art dual core CPU.
5. They are trying to add state of the art voice command controls.
Downsides (read BAD)
1. They refused to acknowledge the antenna issues in the iPhone 4 and only grudingly supplied 'bumpers' for a limited time to save face. "You're holding it wrong."
2. A combination design that saves money means the company SAVES money. Why is none of this passed to the consumer?
3. They added an 8MP camera to at least make it look like they are on the same competitive level as everyone else. Reality is that the iPhone 4 user's thought their 5 MP camera was 'better' than everyone else's to begin with, yet suddenly, pictures surface that make the iPhone 4 look exactly like it was. Overblown, over saturated, mediocre pics. Oh, and costs are now lower for 8MP as everyone else had them in the Android phones for a while and are now moving to 8, 12 and 16MP in the next few months.
4. They simply yanked the best CPU they could, because they NEEDED to, to save face on a competitive level, not because they wanted to.
5. Nothing bad about Voice commands, unless you remember they bought the APP company thereby ensuring they horded it to themselves. App companies tend to release on every phone, not just one. Good thing Google has been pushing voice commands in various forms for a couple of years now.
6. If you think a 3.5" screen is "big enough", maybe you should rememer the low res junk screen that used to be on it and how that was "good enough", now all the Apple junkies can talk about is how fantastic their Retina screen is on a 3.5" display. Why not a Retina screen on a 4.5" display.....oh wait....that would mean Apple has to pay more to make the phone and ....that's bad.
Isn't it funny how perception changes. When Android goes to the HD 720p phones with a higher res and 4"+ screens, the Apple fans will be finding reasons why their smaller screen is still better...yet when Apple puts out an iPhone 5 with a larger screen (3.7"+) it will be heralded as a huge breakthrough for the world of smart phones.!!!
There is real reason's why Apple is losing market share and they have nothing to do with making 'bad' products and everything to do with greed and control.