Apple iPhone 4 Preliminary Specifications
1. wreh3 (Posts: 25; Member since: 19 Apr 2010)
If that will be the annoucement for iphone 4g; they also need to state which other carriers they will be distributing the iphone to besides at&t.
8. Mateo8326 (Posts: 472; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Just AT&T rumors been going on about other carriers for years now so don't hold you breath at all
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
yup new iphone will be unvieled.. rumors are it may not just be for AT&T this time.. who cares though android and win mo for life!
7. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, does aj read the NATIONAL ENQUIRER?? The newest iphone will be with AT&T - AT&T has a 5 yr contract with APPLE (although, APPLE does have an escape clause for year 5).
9. YouLostTheGame (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Oh really? That's intersting, because the details of the agreement have NEVER been made public...so I'm just curious how you've managed such "official" information about it.
10. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Are you sure of WinMo or WPS7? WPS7 is the way to go
15. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
WSJ is a much better reliable source. and with AT&T getting a web o/s phone they efficiently told the world their relationship with apple is close to the end ( as well as getting an android phone to) by end of 2010 I feel we will see icrap on every carrier
5. Diego! (Posts: 555; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Yeah although we've already seen the new Iphone. Speaking of which, what happened with the Gizmodo editor???
11. Pr0cl1v1ty (Posts: 60; Member since: 26 Oct 2008)
he got his room raided by police and everything confiscated
16. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
yeah, everything was either confiscated or erased
6. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The new iphone will not be an actual 4G phone...just the 4th generation iphone 3G phone. The 5th generation iphone will run on LTE and since LTE converges technologies, it can run on VERIZON-type or AT&T-type networks, as long as a network has the LTE network up and running.
12. jrcrow79 (Posts: 477; Member since: 02 May 2008)
when did ATT renew its contract?..2 months ago apple was open to be bought
13. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The contract has not been renewed, because it is still the same contract - what everyone's problem is speculation within these online magazine and shoddy reporting. I have several high-level sources within AT&T, so I laugh, no scoff, at all of these people who clamour about waiting for the iphone to be released onto other U.S. carriers. In time, it will be, as APPLE will make even more money.
17. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
it makes no sense tht AT&T is the only carrier to have the i-phone. why not verizon, sprint, or t-mobile. apple will make more $$ this way. it'll cause AT&T to lose alot of customers, but apple has been raping AT&T since the launch of the original i-phone so it shouldnt matter to them anyway. even if they went to sprint, i still wouldnt get the phone because of wht i know about it (working for AT&T). my girlfriend has the i-phone so theres no reason to buy it
14. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Part of the problem with the speculation is that the parties involve do not really discuss what is really going on - it keeps the media and the sheep in suspense - STEVE JOBS loves the extra attention his phone gets.....