Apple's Schiller: "I was shocked at the appearance of the Galaxy S"; recap of week one
0. phoneArena 04 Aug 2012, 17:30 posted on
With week one of the trial of the century in the books, one of the more important witnesses to take the stand thus far was Apple Senior VP Phil Schiller who testified to being shocked at the extent of which the Samsung Galaxy S copied Apple's smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Why do Samsung try to drag other company's down while Apple recover useless patents to screws with everyone, I mean Dafuq?
2. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I find it strange that the Behold II is not featured in the graphic. This was an ugly device which was one of Samsung's first forays into the world of Android. Underpowered and burdened with an ugly Touchwiz and looked nothing like the iPhone. Thankfully, they stepped up their game and released the Galaxy series.
5. BattleBrat (Posts: 1432; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The apple iPhones.... They dont change AT ALL!!!
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
What does that have to do with anything?
6. sinple (Posts: 130; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
what does apple mean by copying entire product line, isnt it only 2 design? iphone 3 and iphone4
7. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
And the iPad. Samsung did their best to mimick Apple's products both in looks as well as touch wiz.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't you ever go outside? I mean seriously, you wait until someone post a comment that you can easily troll in.
19. tedkord (Posts: 10622; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Its probably someone spoofing his account again *snicker*
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You have to admit that the 'spoofing' excuse was one of his more creative ones. Now, every time he gets called out, he has the perfect excuse - I was spoofed...
Kind of how Apple's trial counsel said that Sammy was going to claim The Devil made us do it....
54. TortillaSlap (Posts: 43; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
dont you have some a job to go to? oh wait.. you dont, do you? go outside. there's this neat thing called "the sun".. its just like your room light, only it requires no electricity.
9. roscuthiii (Posts: 2203; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Well, perception is reality. So, another viable reality to the one Apple proposes is that Samsung manufacturers a plethora a varying handset designs and builds. The more variations you have, the more likely that one will resemble another, though there are indeed differences.
10. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Not true at all. HTC for example comes out with many phones, but they're unique in design and try to put their own spin on the interface.
Android copying iOS of course is a different story.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Android is such a total copy of iOS I will agree. I mean, we did steal multitasking, notifications, turn-by-turn navigation, customization, and last but not least- 4G, which revolutionized the world when the 4S was released. How silly of me to forget!
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
forgot voice actions, speak to text and smartphones actually capable of predicting your next move and providing relevant info on that matter
29. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Voice actions? Voice control was on the iPhone before any Android phone.
35. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
so you could ask for directions? ask for a Google search? send text messages and call local places not on your directory? the voice commands on iOS where not even close, they where on the lines of those crappy voice commands found on Symbian phones , voice controls where so amazing on iOS they needed to buy siri, but you will pretend otherwise
55. TortillaSlap (Posts: 43; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
really? and how do you prove such a thing? Voice control was on RIM before the iphone came out. It's been on android since 1.5.
61. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Thanks for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts for you, goodnight.
14. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
you sure you don't work at comedy central by any chance?
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I was about to, but then was told that some female robot named Siri I got hired because she paid them for my spot.
77. joey_sfb (Posts: 5411; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple sue HTC with their patents as well so what's your point?
23. prototype (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
Everyone know a devices look more or less the the same design ,Apple patent are silly sueing other base on design and feel is stupid and hurting us as a customer.
36. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
your screen name is really close to my name, both use proto, people may actually confuse us so I'm taking you to court, expect a mail from my lawyer
25. ibap (Posts: 752; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
You mean Apple hasn't claimed to have invented the telephone?
Oh, wait - they think it was Don Ameche.
27. randomguest (Posts: 20; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
Why do they keep using images of the Galaxy S app drawer instead of the homescreen? Very deceptive.
28. sbr999 (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
because iOS is so limited it doesn't even have a homescreen!
37. ReturningToNokia (Posts: 130; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Deceptive is correct, which is why Samsung used it in all of their photos - to deceive the public into thinking that it's 'just like the iPhone'.
This is the one of the main reasons Apple is suing Samsung.
46. tedkord (Posts: 10622; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Really? Because every ad from Samsung I ever saw for the Galaxy S2 on up featured clock widgets. Weather widgets, Google search widgets, etc...
Sorta like this:http://www.google.com/search?q
=samsung+galaxy+s3&hl=en&safe= off&gl=US&source=android-browser&prmd=imvnsu&source=lnm s&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=3qceUNXsKK2 D0QGLjoHoBQ&ved=0CEEQ_AUoAQ&bi w=720&bih=1280#i=0
49. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Ted give it up. It's very obvious Samsung copied Apple's design. Only the most rabid fanboys can't admit that.
80. joey_sfb (Posts: 5411; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
taco50, don't you think website like MacRumour,http://www.macrumors.com/ would suit you better as you are obviously only interested in people saying good things about the fruit phone.
Or you have a fetish of getting thumb down... hmmm i wonder?
88. jroc74 (Posts: 5996; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Correction: Apple used it in all of their crybaby attacks against Samsung.
Do some of yall even bother to search before posting or you just see Apple vs. Samsung and just jump in head first?
Thank you tedkord. Apple, its fanboys are famous for trying to re write history...
40. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I find it funny that Apple shows that the iPhone still looks the same in both hardware and software besides the inclusion of wallpapers (what a major inovation).
42. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Ah, yes... wallpaper. MS had better watch out, Apple will be gunning for them next - over wallpaper in Windows.
63. Gaurav008 (Posts: 328; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I was horrified too..what a horrible mistake...:P