Apple’s Phil Schiller trash-talking Android for malware: ‘Be safe out there’
0. phoneArena 08 Mar 2013, 03:03 posted on
Scaremongering is security companies’ favorite tactic nowadays as we continue seeing ‘alarming’ reports about Android’s so called security problem…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tech2 (Posts: 2860; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
or he could be referring to iPhone's lock screen bypass !
12. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1427; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Phil - "Be safe out there"
us- "we will"
its great to know that someone cares about other people :D
24. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1128; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Phil's losing it, iOS is losing it and Apple is losing it!
Man there sure are a whole lot of sore losers at Apple :)
28. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5487; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That isn't malware nor is it a legitimate issue.
32. tech2 (Posts: 2860; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Dude, look everyone knows (including yourself) that you are Apple's bi(tc)h but lately you can't even defend your beloved brand properly.
If you think a 'lock screen' bypass is not a legitimate issue then I will actually give u thumps up for your stupidity !
47. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Allowing someone to bypass the lock screen and gain access to your phone without your permission is indeed a legitimate issue Mxy. What world do you live in where this isn't a legit issue????
39. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
lol this whole apple company executives would be up this dude's ass after the announcement of sammy's 12 Billion$$ on marketing and getting astonishing results for its smartphones!
48. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I would counter with apple maps. That catastrophe needs the tagline "be safe out there".
What an assh*le.
3. Taters (Posts: 3808; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
All other companies should just gang up and run Apple and Nokia out of the market. They seem to have a terrible superiority complex.
23. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Are you somewhat retarded? I'd suggest you to read up on Amicus briefings and what Nokia actually wants before you jump to your blind one sided conclusions.
46. Taters (Posts: 3808; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No, you are just blindly in love with Nokia. I know what an Amicus curae is and yes, I still despise Nokia because of it.
4. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
5. SuperNexus (Posts: 124; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
"Be Safe out there"
Don't use Apple map otherwise you will make yourself killed.
Phil forget to tell this
so, I mention it
34. paulyyd (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
yeah man, a mapping application can kill you...Lol
thanks for the info bro!
6. Droid773 (Posts: 27; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
Rotten Apple. Just choose whatever you like and makes you happy.
7. MartianMe (unregistered)
No need to gang up on this two,,they are shooting them selves on the foot when they trash other companies cuz it shows envy, fear and desperation.they both are feeling the heat from
8. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Hey! Thats space ghost! Been so many years since i saw that cartoon.
9. boosook (Posts: 1206; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Microsoft, Nokia and Apple are trying to defeat Android by bashing it because they cannot implement anything innovative. The only thing they can do is to spread FUD on Android and Google... one day Microsoft says that Google violates your privacy, the day after Apple says that there's more malware on Andrioid and so on... since they can't make products that people are willing to buy they try to convince people not to buy Android. But please note that Google has a different attitude... they're just working, heads down.
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
He is just trying to hold his flock together by scaremongering .... frustrated by failure of stocks really :)
18. SEULATER (banned) (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
he's turning himself like that Fat ballmar. Who and why would hackers attack caged ios?
Surely hackers love Linux users
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
We know what it means ... Apple (and M$ /MicroKia) can keep doing "Head Up @rse" tricks in trying to impress their own flock ... doesn't cause a stir in other camp as everyone feels that this is being done out of jealousy ... :)
26. shuaibhere (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Lol...even their fans are jealous...
I dunno when this crap heads will stop biting others b***
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 14382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If phil shaved his head they actually look like twins
13. lyndon420 (Posts: 2471; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Like ms's scroogled campaign. Talking crap about the competition helps take away the hurt from having crap no-one wants...except for maybe rich dummies.
14. nikenturd (unregistered)
Stooping that low huh?
15. ilia1986 (unregistered)
If you are an apple user, nothing can protect you from yourself.
17. nikenturd (unregistered)
iPhone Sales are getting slower by the day....no wonder
19. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I wonder did he mention how the iPhone has been tracking its users location and happening in very fine detail and sending them to Apple, or the iPhone caught taking secret photos of its users and sending and saving them 'nowhere'. Or perhaps that iOS apps are more likely to collect and transmit data?
IPhone market share has been taking a big hit outside the Us,iPhone 5 selling slow while is android rivals have been powering ahead. Apples stocks are at an all time low,this years huge android handsets are imminent with huge advances while the iPhone 5s is all apple has to muster, the legal court cases haven't stopped android apple must now start pathetic mud throwing
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
"Be safe out there."
It's kind of hard to stay safe when someone uses Maps and takes them miles to where their destination is.
49. Droiddoes (unregistered)
B-b-b-b-but dude, IWATCH! They are coming out with an ipod you wear on your WRIST! It is magirevolutionnovtive and mark my words, it WILL change EVERYTHING!!!!!!
LMAO, what a fail company
20. sonisoe (Posts: 371; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Apple is entering the vicious circle, ipad, iphone, macbook are slowing down, and they cant innovate further with their ios, so theyre targeting the lower segment cutting their total revenues despite mY be selling more in quantity... And nxt thing u know theyll be in the red... The answer is there, innovate.... But unfortunately, thats not apple because as steve jobs said "good artists copy, great artists steal"... So how can they innovate if what theyve been doing so far is either copying or stealing ideas and patenting them as if these were theirs....
37. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
It's the macintosh all over again, folks!
25. lyndon420 (Posts: 2471; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
"Be safe out there...don't let our products get you killed"
30. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
No comment. Our readers have already written on what I was thinking.
31. jroc74 (Posts: 5254; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is the same guy that claimed this about the iPhone 5:
"This is unlike anything we or anyone else in our industry has made before."
Do you think I will take anything he says seriously? I dont think anyone else should either.
33. Aeires (unregistered)
I'm glad Google doesn't lower their standards like this guy and MS does.
41. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Google has confidence. They don't need to go off on a tangent and cry--like Apple and Microsoft.
36. funchumm1206 (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
It's m0re like their plummeting st0ck :)))
50. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Yup. They need a sign that says "hardhat required: falling stocks"
40. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Nothing but a scare tactic. Apple's stock is tanking and Google's stock is soaring. They b skurd.
43. xtremesv (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
This has come to the Mac vs PC marketing rant... pathetic Apple. I've used PC's for 14 years and never got a messy virus. I've been using Android for 3 years and no virus as well.
51. GeekMovement (Posts: 1860; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Desperate attempt by Apple.
But thanks for your concerns :)
52. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Phil Schiller, president of marketing. Go figure.