Apple's Do Not Disturb feature is now fixed, just like that
Apple was quick to acknowledge the issue with DND, but it also said that it won't be providing a fix for it, since the feature was going to fix itself automatically on January 7. Although it's very interesting to know why this problem happened in the first place, as well why it got resolved today, we guess we'll never know, as Apple wouldn't care to provide an explanation. Still, it's a fact that the DND feature can now turn itself on and off automatically, as if nothing has happened.
After hearing this happy news, tell us, folks - do you use Do Not Disturb or a similar solution with your smartphone?
1. ibap (Posts: 732; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
On Android I use a profile app that tells me on the home screen which mode it is in.
I'd be very careful with this feature come December 31, 2013.
10. Stuntman (Posts: 828; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I was wondering about this bug resurfacing some time later. If the issue is with the first week of a year, I would expect that by then, some iOS update before then would have this fix in it. For a bug that lasts one week, it is likely that trying to put out a bug fix within a week's time frame for a bug that only lasts one week is not worth the effort and risk of possibly introducing new bugs.
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
NO, IT IS NOT FIXED!
Turn back the date in your phone, any date before January 7th and you will se that it is not fixed.
13. Ninetysix (Posts: 1964; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
BRB..getting in my time machine. Please stand by.
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Maybe you won't do that but it is the fact that it is not fixed, the bug is still here...
28. Tsoliades (Posts: 218; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
I know. People just come here to troll, I swear...
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah like all the android users who troll apple articles to insult, disrespect, and wait for it...troll.
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You can like that or not but I just stated the fact that bug is still here.
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Mine worked flawlessly this morning. Marty next Saturday nite do not disturb is sending u back to the future. I installed a flux capacitor on my iPhone so when I go back in time to the 5th of January do not disturb will still work, as long I have some plutonium and 1.1 jiggawatts of electricity.
40. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Seems that this bug is painful subject for you, blame Apple not me. ;)
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No it's painful for the droiders that r trolling this article trying to dis apple users who really don't care. I get a kick out of it though.
50. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9884; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If you don't care you would have stopped replying a long time ago.. Just saying.
2. cripton805 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
So, 7 days of important missed calls does not matter? If they figured out the problem, why wouldn't they fix it? 3 days of missed calls would have been better than 7.
3. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
LMAO, typical apple. "It'll get fixed in a week, in the meantime you can all go iF*ck yourselves. Why did this happen? F*ck you, that's why!" - Tim Cook
4. Ninetysix (Posts: 1964; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
This is an Apple/iOS thread and I only see Fandroids. Instead of complaining about something that's already fixed itself. Why not complaing something that's still not fixed and bricking S3s left and right?
8. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Could've sworn Samsung released an update that fixes that, with an apology. apple would've told me I'm using it wrong and the phone is operating exactly as it should.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As am I. Droiders hang out on apple threads so much. It shows that's they care more than they say.
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
More like Troll and take the piss and bash it!
17. cripton805 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Been fixed already by an update. They also replaced any dead S3 and note 2 including rooted phones. They didnt just sit around and do nothing. They actually handled the situation perfectly and its been proven to have been a software issue. So, this makes your point stupid.
36. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Actually it does. It completely invalidates his point.
41. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
No it really does invalidate his point. This...really is not debatable. How you fail to grasp that is astounding. It's like denying that water is wet, your denial is that freaking stupid.
25. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
You do an awful lot of Galaxy S3 research - Freud will call that, iProjecting your desire to have one. Or, a "latent" Galax-sexual'!
5. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Google should have taken the same step as Apple with their "December missing calender", just wait until December 2012 is over. Then a month later, Walla!!.. fixed we're in January 2013, we do not need that month anymore. Problem fixed!! Apple gangnam style.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Droiders don't mention android problems, cuz they're too busy on apple articles secretly lusting for an iOS device.
42. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
LOL keep telling yourself that champ. Also iDrones NEVER troll android articles, nope that never happens.
48. cripton805 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
It's not that they're not mentioning them, they just fixed them and went above and beyond by including rooted phones. If this is regarding the S3
6. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Only took a whole dang week - guess it WASN'T 'just like that'!?
7. Ninetysix (Posts: 1964; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
How long is it taking Samsung to fix their bug that's killing S3s?
14. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
You don't pay attention very well do you? They've already released a patch for the UK days ago, and they are replacing the (VERY LIMITED NUMBER OF) affected units no questions asked. As an apple fan, you should be familiar with the concept of software glitches/bugs. How is apple maps treating you?
19. Ninetysix (Posts: 1964; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
BRB moving to the UK to fix my S3's bug. The apple issue is already fixed whereas millions of S3 users are still counting down on when their S3 will just die.
I don't use Apple maps thanks. Besides, they have an option like downloading and using Google maps. They are not stuck with it you know? Does the S3 users have an option other than moving the the UK? LOL.
23. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Do' Aunt Jemima makes' pancakes?
26. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
You're right, I forgot the world revolves around you and you alone. I also find it funny that for someone who supposedly owns an S3 you sure like to sh*t all over it.
27. Ninetysix (Posts: 1964; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I'm sorry but Samsung's new firmware did not fix the issue.
This thread shows you that it did not fix it as well.
52. cripton805 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I just read the ONE person to claim their phone still died. I just wanted to point at that, that ONE person was using modified software... I only bothered to read the 2nd link and I had to search for it. Some people had doubts, but none have experienced anything else except problems with their modified software.
20. cripton805 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Would Apple warranty Jailbroken iPhones? Samsung warrantied rooted phones!
18. tedkord (Posts: 7648; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I wonder what the issue was in the code? The fact that Apple could tell last week that it would work after Jan. 7th indicates they knew what was wrong.
Its been well over a decade since I did any programming (maybe two), but I can't imagined what would cause it to malfunction on specific dates.
29. psiddle (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
The bug has not corrected itself on my iPhone yet...as of 17:23 January 7.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I absolutely love this feature, glad to see its working again. Vastly improved my sleep.
43. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
Probably because you're a troll, no one likes or respects you, and you have all the class and appeal of a wet fart.
Just a hunch.
44. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well Thanx for your appraisal. And actually I have the appeal of two wet farts...so your hunch is close LMAOOOOO!!! Gonna thumb u up too for that fine hunch
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Your hunch makes me sound a lot like the typical android troll too
45. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
Phew! I was woken up a few nights ago by Homers voice from the Simpsons app telling to me play the game, "OOOOOOOOOH I'M BORED!! LET'S PLAY!!", scared the SH*T out of me before I realised it was my iPad next to me.
Glad to have this feature automatic again. :-D
55. flipjzn (Posts: 201; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Network providers paid apple to do this to lessen the congestion during new year! Lol!
57. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Shhhhhhhhhh do not disturb with silly ignorance.
56. bencrypted (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Apple got the publicity for it's DND feature without any effort. And that's why it happened in the first place. If not for the 'bug' how many of us would have thought that this is a 'great feature' and needs attention?