Apple's App Store hits 45 billion downloads, $9 billion paid to developers
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 18:33 posted on
Apple's quarterly earnings call had quite a bit of interesting information. It started out with the expected revenue numbers, which were better than expected, and moved on to hints that we may not see any new Apple products until the fall. Then, Apple also tossed out some interesting information about the App Store...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Curious how much each DEV gets paid. probably not as much as the executive of apple do or half a million dollars
2. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
How much each dev gets paid would be directly based on how well their app sells. Comparing it to an exec of a major international company doesn't make any sense.
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8980; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
If their app sales, they make money. Simple as that.
6. greathero1 (Posts: 559; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Wow! I bet you wish you could get this one back lol!
3. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Michaels right. If you wanna get a good idea, just remember devs get 70% of app revenue. If apple has paid 9 billion, they've collected over 3 billion themselves. All in all, apple makes less money per transaction than the devs.
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3877; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
hey appe give me some money from 9 billion.