Apple working on both iOS 5.0.2 and 5.1
0. phoneArena 16 Nov 2011, 13:04 posted on
Reports have said that Apple is hard at work both on iOS 5.0.2, which aims to keep fighting the nagging battery issues that users have, and also iOS 5.1 which looks to add new features to Siri...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Apple dont forget to work on the iphone5...
2. c.hack (Posts: 592; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Now that I dropped a few hundred $$ on cases for the 4S I'm hoping for no reason to upgrade for a few years. lol
40. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
"a few hundred $$ on cases"!?
You might have well just bought a back up iPhone instead of spending it on protecting the one you have.
3. drodriguezsd (Posts: 35; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
I'm sure iOS 5.1 will be out before Christmas time, no doubt in my mind.. lol. Apple's always prompt when it comes to firmware rumors... :)
5. c.hack (Posts: 592; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Anything is better than Android. I waited more than 6 months after Google released any updates only to get horribly buggy and crap-ware infested updates from Verizon.
12. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
unfortunately some carriers can certainly corrupt the android software code with their own modifications and bloatware,only thing you can do is complain,only sim free models can be truly safe from this but some carriers are more guilty than others
19. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Welcome back andro. How was your vacation?
23. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Soothing,relaxing and also a few night of celebrations with friends,must say it was class stuff!
4. c.hack (Posts: 592; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Apple should take a look at the condition based actions on the Moto Razr too. I would love to set up rules for the phone to perform based on various inputs.
- Turn off wifi when gps says I'm leaving the house
- Go to airplane mode when I enter a predefined poor coverage area (like my work), etc..
8. ayephoner (Posts: 849; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
it is a great idea. im sure we'll see this coming to many devices in the near future.
7. Mojobobo (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
"AIMS to keep FIGHTING", nothing said about rectifying or eliminating the battery issue.
9. AngusNG12345 (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
every os-maker obviously always tries to fix and improve their platform.
not worth reporting
30. berniecalo (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
every phone manufacturer obviously always releases new versions and models of their phones. is that not worth reporting?
these new firmware versions for the ios are similar to the firmware updates for android from the cupcake to ice cream sandwich, sometimes significant upgrades, sometimes not. regardless, people will always be interested in them.
47. AngusNG12345 (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
fair point, but these updates are too insignificant. Things like 5.0.2 can be reported when its actually released instead.
10. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
If they could now work on the dropping calls and 'silent calls' issues facing loads of iphone 4s it'd be handy and we'd not have so many complaining customers in our shop!
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well good morning.. .ladies and gentlemen.. we have the 1st troll.. please give him a round of applause and ... show him the door....
14. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I've tried to show many such complaining customers the door today but we if we could get away with that we'd have somebody hired for just that job alone!!
20. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Andro how come in your shop you have all these unhappy Apple customers and everywhere else iPhone has the best customer satisfaction ratings?
22. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Even if the iPhone does have the best customer satisfaction ratings that doesn't change the fact that a lot of people ARE experiencing the issues he described with the iPhone4S.
24. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Those who answer the customer satisfaction ratings are generally those who are continually on apple boards and wear the apple tattoo on the forehead and reply to these surverys,those instore daily are quite the opposite,most haven't heard of these surveys and don't know where or how they could respond,infact most surveys given to them are carrier based these days for carriers to try keep their custom
Most are not only angry at the network carriers for not supporting them against apple but also that apple does not acknowlege their phones obvious truobles. The 'silent calls' fault of iphone 4s is quite real and many iphone 4s have been returned so far which we have had to sent to apple for dead on arrival testing to swap out for new phones.
The 'silent call' issue for outgoing calls is quite a widespread issue and although Phonearena strangely hasn't picked up the story yet it has been reported on many many other websites as well as apple forums being undated with reports and complaints of it.
Perhaps phonearena hasn't posted it yet in fear of anger from apple fans and flame wars!!
31. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I would believe you. if you can show me proof.. other than your trolling opinion.. ?...
33. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Customer info is never divulged in public ;)
38. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
because he's obviously lying. According to him 40% of iPhones are returned and the iPhone 4S is not selling well. This is the exact oppossite of all the data available.
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
ok this is why...
"troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."
45. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Looks like cc has been trolled lol
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Something tells me that persistent battery issues with iOS 5 and iPhone 4S won\'t go away until Siri stops calling home every few nanoseconds.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
What is with all of these f*cking back-slashes PA!?
21. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
calling home? What are you talking about?
17. blackrose (Posts: 48; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
did you apple now as a patient over the use of nfc.. sharing contacts and so on.. just like android beam and the many others... wth is going on in the patient office
18. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
nfc has been out for some time in the nexus s chip,apple has not got a nfc patent just one for a program to allow to users to transfer data between their phones using nfc. That saying people having being doing pretty much eact same for ages with bump and wifi sharing apps
25. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Really?! That's awesome Apple can use those patents to sue android makers.
27. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Not really,the patent is not for the use of nfc as payment etc but one type of way to transfer data like photos etc through nfc itself .fc itself has been in phones long before apples. That saying you have to wonder if nfc sharing by apple will allow you to transfer much between two friends phones as apple certainly won't want you transferring wallpaper of music etc,you MUST buy that from them through itunes exclusively!!
Anyhow wifi sharing of things like this is already available as well as apps like bump and even good old bluetooth has a fast transfer rate these days
28. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
You would think that's awesome.
Scared much? If you really thought iOS was as good as you say you wouldn't care about "Android makers" getting sued because the iPhone is so amazing nothing could ever stand up to it.
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I love how Apple always gives us timely updates!
32. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
@Andro..quit trolling or will bring the Adobe article.. again?... (flash).. remember how butt hurts you guys got with that article
34. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Hurt?!! You seemed confused you poor lad!!! Funny. Anyhow i never started the slightly offset conversation that was someone else and taco also.
36. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
OH NO! YOU MEAN SOMETHING BETTER THAN FLASH IS COMING OUT? FOR GOD'S SAKE THAT'S AWFUL!
Thank god my device runs flash until HTML5 becomes mainstream, can't say that much for the iPhone!
37. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agreed,android phones will run html5 as good as any other device when it becomes mainstream,until then it will also run the current best in the mainstream which is flash and then switch from one to the other when the time is nessessary to end flash entirely.
Apple will probably claim their new future iphone is changing everything again because it runs html5 when android users will prob just sratch their heads and shrug their shoulders saying didn't we already have the best before in flash for years and now also have html5 aswell after a seamless change.......??!!
39. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well thats why my iphone runs smoother than your android /flash.... you also have dancing dolphins as live wallpaper?....
iphone running HTML5 ..means we are future proof...
44. BattleBrat (Posts: 1306; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Hmmmm, I just got my RAZR, Jury is still out on it, Zagg invisible shields (i'm only using the ones on the back)wont arrive until later in the week, Otterbox Commuter and the Wrapsol screen protector (offers better impact protection for the screen) haven't arrived yet either. I already bought the Squaretrade warranty (who sponsored the iPhone 4s VS Samsung Galaxy S2 Youtube video) for the Razr and the Lapdock 100 (they covered it as a laptop) accidential damage coverage for both. I wanted to buy the Iphone 4s, but I know 3 people with it and the battery life doesn't meet my minimum requirements (20% remaining @ 48hrs, to put this in perspective, a Droid X I activated for a while and played with (with a NEW standard OEM battery) lasted 30% at 72hrs (ROOTED W/CPU TUNER app and MOBO TASK KILLER, a LETHAL COMBO for battery life) with my standard usage. If they fix the 4s battery issues (Which are REAL) I might consider trading my RAZR for a friends Verizon upgrade.
I fail to see a reason for all the hatred, Why limit yourself to Android or iOS, why not have both? You can buy a Droid X for around $100 on ebay and use it as an Android itouch equivalent if you own an iPhone (or if you are willing to spend a little money and music is your thing, a Cowon Plenue D3, or for games, Samsung Play, or the upcoming walkmans, which was my plan if I got an iPhone) Or if you have an Android Phone, you can pick up a 3rd gen Itouch for $80-$150 used (32-64 gig only , they didn't make a 3rd gen Itouch 8gb) and it will run iOS 5 and a good deal of games and apps.
So DONT LIMIT YOURSELF, IT'S ALL GOOD BABY!
46. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I hate to tell this to you but the RAZR has better specs in mainland China -- 13 MP shooters, 4.5" screens, etc. Maybe you can return the RAZR and get your money back.
48. BattleBrat (Posts: 1306; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
When it comes to android you will never own the latest and greatest, things are moving too fast. Do I have the latest Iphone 4s? No, I have a 64Gb Ipod Touch 4th, and I'm quite happy with that, as I will be happy with my RAZR for its two year contract. You've got to pick something you like and stick with it, even as it gets outdated.