Apple withdraws patent claim against Samsung phone
0. phoneArena 28 Dec 2012, 14:17 posted on
Apple has dropped a patent claim against Samsung and a new pone with a hi-res display because it is not going to be sold in the United States; Apple made the disclosure in a filing made in U.S. District Court in San Jose, California; the device in question could be the Samsung Galaxy S III mini which Samsung said last month would not be sold in the states...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Oh would you shut the f*ck up please? No one wants to hear your drivel.
10. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Lol Alright you Apple fanboy.. you do realize that all Apple does is copy what someone else already did, re-engineer it, patent it as their own. Then sue anyone that copys them.... And you want Samsung to stop "copying"? Please...
14. AnTuTu (Posts: 1201; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
These fruit fans don't understand a bit of technology mate. What they know is just talk non - sense without any reason. Today if you compare an iPhone 5 with Oppo find 5, iPhone 5 falls by the way side. And according to fruit fans other companies are copying them. Hahahaahhaha come on
Fruit fans just know how to double tap on their home - screens to close an app and how to use a volume rocker button to take photos.And this is the main reason why they buy fruit gadgets..!!
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Main reason why they buy Apple products is brand name that's why they buy iPhone cases with hole in the back...
17. AnTuTu (Posts: 1201; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
"Hole in the back" hahaahahahahhahahahahhaha made my day bro ...!!!
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I know it is funny (on the other had sad) but it is true, if you have an iPhone and want to buy a case for it, then there is one unwritten rule there MUST BE a hole for Apple logo in other way it ruins everything and you are not cool... :(
69. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
They just made exactly what iPhone users want.
76. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Shoot... the Apple I bit into last night was an iconic symbol????
13. Slammer (Posts: 1397; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
At my age, I try to hold some composure and remain somewhat passive in an individual's remarks. But, your over the top, massive cheerleading for Apple by failing to research history pertaining to Apple, only confirms that your use of "Copying" is misdirected and contains insufficient knowledge.
Having been around Apple for thirty 30 years, I can safely say that it is Apple that has copied many technologies in order to get where it is today. Quit trying to paint Apple as the perfect child. When I look at a Samsung device vs an Apple device, I don't see any resemblance. If people can't tell the difference of the two(especially when the two plaster their logos and names on them), then there's more of an intellectual issue rather than design issue. There are so many tech discoveries in which Apple "Stole" only to claim as its own. To think Apple is the almighty in innovation, severely down plays any intelligence you might possess.
And while we're at it, what's up with Apple implementing "copying" within court system? Is it infringement or copying? Copy sounds like playground gibberish. Just how Apple is conducting this little facade.
"Mommy, Joey is copying me!"
It would be wise to to learn a little before repeating everything you hear on tech blogs. I have found tech blogs can be written by people that never knew anything about Apple before the iPhone.
Since I owned Apple products for 9 years when Apple wasn't "Cool", I think I know a thing or two. That's why our generation either left Apple for Windows, or didn't give Apple any attention at all. There's more to a company than pretty, shiny objects.
26. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Slammer, I wish I could give your comment a +1000!!
33. lonewolf2873 (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
This has got to be the best post I've read this year. Directly to the point and not hurting anyones feel bads intentionally.
Apple makes products that appeal to many people. I loved my iPod touch until it just stopped working. The gripe I have is people not sticking up for apple intelligently. You like apple, I like android and the next guy likes windows, all hopefully for good reasons. I don't like android because of the cute little "robot". It seems people like apple just because its a status quo.
My take on the lawsuits is apple is trying to dominate the world. How many lawsuits did apple file, since 1gen iPhone, under Steve jobs? Now how many since his passing?
I personally respected jobs for his abilities. He knew how to design and more importantly MARKETING. Steve jobs knew he got his customer base in cell phones due to marketing. Plain and simple. In other words, he could sell a lemon as a diamond. The fact you followers don't see this is the beauty of it all. You bought lemons and still can't make lemonade, unless of course you buy the cord, blades, sweetner and mixer, from us at a premium....
19. ajc76 (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Please explain to us all how the GSIII mini is a copy of any of the iPhones...???
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple will keep bulls**tting to grab more attention since sales of iDevciews is only taking the stock prices down :)
25. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Mxy has got to be Taco. Same lame comments that just are not based on fact, but on his opinion he believes to be fact......
42. Aeires (unregistered)
This guy IS Taco,
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 14735; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Y are u an izombie if u like or use apple. I use apple,and android. I'm a huge Samsung fan, my tv and fridge and my fiancés tablet r Sammy. I also like apple, and iOS.
49. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think that he called him "iZombie" not because of that he use Apple products.
30. tedkord (Posts: 6798; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You mean like how Apple stole the PC GUI, slide to unlock, rows of icons, notification shade, wireless sync (from one of its own itunes developers, poor kid. They didn't even bother to change the icon)? That kind of copying
39. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
i see this guy on every samsung articles....trolling and bashing samsung phones....i just see him bashing around the GS4 leaks article
41. Aeires (unregistered)
And then rips on Android fans who post negative comments on Apple articles. Hypocrite, 100%.
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 14735; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I hope u guys aren't talking about me, but if u r please copy and paste the link to prove I'm a troll, and yes I do think the gs4 leak is ugly. Nowhere near as pretty as the gs3 or note 2
47. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...and yes I do think the gs4 leak is ugly. Nowhere near as pretty as the gs3 or note 2"
Where do you see Samsung Galaxy S IV leak ???
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 14735; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bro go back to the home page of this site and scroll down a little.
50. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And what exactly should I see, what article titles?
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 14735; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
53. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes I have already saw it and it is not a leak it is just a render made by an Russian designer.
So you fail by saying:
"...I do think the gs4 leak is ugly."
Next time try to pay more attention before...
56. GENERAL_LEVY (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
I wonder who were those 6 thumbs up by....?
Don't be shy, show you're self up, the real slim shady!
64. babyk (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I AGREE.. Im a Huge HTC FAN here..And Samsung has copied everything htc has this is bad
72. jroc74 (Posts: 5271; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Yes becasue TouchWiz and Sense UI look so much alike....I often mistake a Samsung phone for an HTC one..
That face is the sarcasm face...
70. CheapSocks (Posts: 21; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Notice how this guy never defends his post? I'm assuming Apple fanboy troll..
Back to the topic. This has officially become a tech-drug war. America is apparently Apple's turf and these law suits are basically drive-bys/ shoot outs.
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Bout damn time APPLE is starting to make a bit of sense
3. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Of course take out the phone that most likely isn't selling yet keep the s3 which uses the same software. Samsungs lawyers should use this against apple showing they only sue because of sales and because apple knows they are in trouble
4. phljcnth (Posts: 423; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
What patent was supposedly infringed? Did I miss that part?
5. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
The one in which Apple owns the right to any modern smartphone's design, function or interface ;-)
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5993; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Apple has only went after a few OEMs. Samsung is the biggest one since they ripped off many ideas from apple.
11. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
What's it like being a crazy person that devoted to a company that doesn't even know you exist and could not care less about you as a person? Is it hard?
12. letgomyeggroll (Posts: 138; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Mxyzptlk, look up the history of technologies before you comment. None of the ideas that Apple have or had were created by Apple, INCLUDING the rectangle shape and touch screen. How Apple is getting away with all these lawsuits is outrages. Like I said they have the best Lawyers that can dig will deep to find a needle in a hay stack and a marketing department that can sell an ice cube to an Eskimo.
Did you not notice that they starting to get their patent applications deny more and more? Apple devices are good products, but mainly for simple minded people that wants stuff to work the way it is out of the box. It's like a fashion trend, because 1 person have it, they all want it. Bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21. willard12 (Posts: 1110; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
"Many ideas from Apple." Can you please enlighten the group on an "idea" invented by Apple? Just one.
23. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
While Apple ripped off from everyone else and had the cheek to call it their own so shamelessly .. oh i forgit ... great thieves steal :)
24. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Few OEMs? Your definition of few is quite broad considering all major manufacturers with Android devices got sued by Apple.
28. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Everyone just ignore Mxy. All he does is bait people while presenting ZERO information to back up ANYTHING he has ever said. Treat him like the troll he is, ignore him, and maybe he will go away and cease to exist.
62. tech_lover (Posts: 26; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
oh really mxyzptlk!!
then why dont apple file a "exact copy" claim against Goophone?
71. darkdroid (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
Mxyzptlk i wish i could slap u hard and say wake the f*** up ,,,
20. joey18 (Posts: 574; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
i hate samsung and apple next month i'm moving to blackberry z10
27. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I hope BB survives, but I just don't see it. with iOS, Android, and WP8, I honestly can't see enough people readopting BB to save it.
31. letgomyeggroll (Posts: 138; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Apple and Blackberry are so alike. They depend on their OS so much that made them fall or will fall. Regardless of the model numbers, they both keep the same basic theme and trend. Blackberry depended so much on government users and ignore their competitions and public end user. This is exactly what happened to Windows phone back in the days. If Blackberry doesnt come up with new innovation besides Federal security requirements it will go bankrupt. Like IPhone its another fashion trend product..
On other notes....why would I would register to BB Enterprise just to get my email on my phone...doesn't make no sense
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 14735; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
These companies copy each other. I recently bought a galaxy note 2 and there's things that Sammy borrowed from apple. S voice, video trimming, blocking mode which apple calls do not disturb, increasing the size of the text, and custom text tones all borrowed from apple. They all copy not just apple
34. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
You did not buy a Note 2, kindly stfu thanks
40. darkkjedii (Posts: 14735; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Cuz I wanted too jack***. Now u kindly stfu and get another screen name
54. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
What? I realize I'm talking to a simpleton fanatic, but your first sentence does not make sense. I did not ask WHY you are lying about buying a Note 2, I made a STATEMENT that you were lying. It was a statement, not a question. If you are going to engage in discussions, at least have the courtesy to try and keep up with the rest of the class or shut your hole. Thanks.
35. letgomyeggroll (Posts: 138; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
darkjedii, you also need to do some research of the history. S voice came up came out long before Apple came with Siri. Blocking mode was on other phones before Apple even can put camera on theirs, and video is a 3 rd party software not IOS, OS or even device. Apple did not had custom text or tones until recently unless it was again a 3rd party. What you have mention most of all is not copy, its license agreement mostly between these giant knuckle heads and the smaller companies that developed the futures.
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 14735; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
U make a good point u really do, but all those things were on the iPhone before any Samsung devices. Again my point is reinforced by your post bro. They all copy, no one is immune to it.