Apple wins preliminary injunction on Samsung GALAXY Nexus, can aim for Samsung Galaxy S III next
0. phoneArena 29 Jun 2012, 18:45 posted on
Judge Lucky Koh has awarded Apple a preliminary injunction against the Samsung GALAXY Nexus; Apple will have to post a $96 million bond and Samsung will most likely ask for a stay on the order which revolves around four patents Samsung allegedly infringed upon with the handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
52. wendygarett (unregistered)
apple fanboy jealous of jellybean.....
84. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
why would i be jealous.. it would be on .5 % of devices by the end of the year...
87. frydaexiii (Posts: 1237; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, and even with 80% of iOS devices running iOS 6 it still can't beat the 90% of Gingerbread phones.
97. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and why not acording to Google.. the laging should stop on JB.. enjoy your 2 more years of lagging...
145. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Isn't this funny? The only device SENSEI TACO (ahahahahahahahahahahahah errmahgerd) said he ever tried was the HTC THUNDERBOLT with laggy ass Sense.
SENSE SUCKED. You can't base the entire platform off of SENSE!!
Your stupidity just hurts. It downright hurts. Try the S3, One X, Galaxy S2, or most any other Android device and tell me if you see any lag. Oh, but don't get one that runs Sense.
99. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3034; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
And yet IOS6 only the new iPhone and 4S will be able to use most of its functions and smoothly. Look how laggy the 3GS got and fanboys claim any iphone cam run any version of IOS, I call BS.
100. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
true but how old is the 3GS. there are Android phones released just last year and lag as much as a 3 year old device nice avatar Rory BTW
111. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5621; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
in all honesty...the 3GS lags up a storm with it's most up-to-date software and even the iPhone 4 lags with iOS 5, i've seen it. xD
130. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3034; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
But still, Apple claimed any iPhone could handle any IOS update with no problem and even tho the updates have been minimal the once speedy lag free iPhone of last gen becomes very laggy with freezes up like crazy. I'm sorry but IOS 4,5,and 6 have had little and minor changes to them and yet the difference shows in a negative way for the older gens. Honestly if you handed me an iPhone 3G running the second gen IOS software and an 4S running the latest 5 gen iOS I wouldn't be able to tell the difference for the longest time. This is an unacceptable and unexplained issue with serious lag.
173. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6591; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
jeezes you still don't know anything Jelly Bean just came out and devices are already started to roll out for ICS it takes TIME N TESTING to put out a update
7. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Lol cool it guys, Apple is running scared.. thats why they are going against anything Android..
8. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The phone is what...6 months old now??? Probably already planning a jelly Bean ready nexus 2
11. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 147; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
O my freaking gosh, Apple you are just getting annoying now.
13. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Someone should end this patent trolling nonsense once and for all..
15. Lwazi_N (Posts: 205; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Lol even after Sammy's lawyers designed the S3, Apple had to find a piece of "copied" thingies on the phone. Sad hey
16. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
So....I wonder who wants the prepaid Iphone now???... Lol
17. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
My poor dear American cousins,
My heart goes out to you all, missing out on so much cool tech. How can you allow this to happen?
Luv from your dear cousin in Australia already lapping up the SGS3 goodness.
19. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
we punish copy cats here in the States...
27. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
So Apple should be punished for copying everything about Google Maps, and the notification bar.
31. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Please tell me what they copied from google map
34. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Please act like you have the slightest bit of intelligence and punctuate your sentence properly.
39. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
This is a blog site, not a essay assignment. Now how about you answer my question sir.
58. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
What question? I see no interrogatory punctuation added in your last comment.
102. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
aside from grammar issues he call you sir, and you are acting like my English teacher.. are you a teacher?..
146. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I'm a twelve year old kid, actually.
Before you try to look intelligent on a website and get people to believe you and your lies, go take a first grade English course. If you do well, the teacher will give you a sticker with a little apple on it. I'm sure you would like that.
153. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
i thought u was older non-sequitar.... u must love
phones? wize for ur age!
281. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
ahhh you learn something new today and want to share with the world.. when you get older you will realized that on high school nobody does the sticker thing,,, hope your dreams are not crush.. btw you are smart for your age give credit there.. but the world looks alot different to a 12 year old than to a grown man..
155. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
what a disgrace from a 12 yeard old kid to a grown man..... galli the brainwashed.
59. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
go back to school; "take a ESL course" you uneducated lowlife uncivalized inhuman, don't u have any brains.....?
79. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5621; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
by Apple's standard or copying Apple stole having an App with Maps and Navigation in it from Google Maps.
85. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
ok genius, i dont consider that app if its going to be built in the phone and not downloaded from a marketplace.You have to be the dumbest fandroid ever because you are saying that google created navigation
133. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5621; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
xD you apparently didn't read my comment right. btw "or" was a typo, it was supposed to be "of"
181. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I had already figured that out. I guess apple standard is being business wise. They know that if you have a patent for an invention, other people have to get permission to use that technology
242. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5621; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
is that what you got out of my post? lol, it was just a joke but i guess it just goes to show how brainwashed you are and i don't go around telling every Apple Fan that. xD
243. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Maybe not you, but a lot of android fans think like that. They think apple is suing for the hell of it. It's like monopoly, if you land on someone's property, you have to pay up
244. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5621; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Apple isn't interested in getting a check for people using their property, they just want to eliminate Android products that so happen to be using as such. if Apple was just trying to get a check then whatever man but because of Apple people aren't getting the Android devices they want. this has even directly affected my sister because if Apple hadn't stopped HTC's recent shipments she would have a Droid Incredible 4G LTE right now. Apple isn't winning any popularity contests for this.
285. jroc74 (Posts: 5013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You are absolutely right....Apple wants it be like Monopoly.
Didnt that game finally end with only one person left standing?
The more folks like you, taco, gallitoking post...the more yall true colors come out. Good job.
45. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
we dont feel sorry for you. brainwashed
and dooooomed... looks like DARJAL ILLUMINATI...
57. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
You have no idea of what your missing. Its totally different world using Android, and that small d!ck 3.5" screen is'nt even the industry standard.
I have a spare SGS2 I lend out to friends and workers for a couple of days to sample Android on the Sammy, they have ALL ditched their iphones soon after. Copy means equal, Android and the super phones like the S3, HTC one X and my beloved Note are industry leaders, innovators, which Apple is trying to stifle.
61. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I'm totally doing that with my S2 once I upgrade.
67. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
industry standard? you mean andriod standard. android makes their screen larger to sell their phones. obviously apple does not need a large screen to sell
What are you getting out of converting those idiots? Did google pay you? I dont need a hot pocket size phone to my ear, i would rather have a quality product.
147. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
That's why they're putting a 4 inch screen in their next iPhone.
180. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Ok a 4 inch screen us much smaller than a 4.8 inch screen
156. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
then they used dualcor. then drop down notice. now 4inche. next 720p. then widgets. and iFans will say we dont neef them cause steve blwjob said so..
73. jroc74 (Posts: 5013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
So when is Apple gonna be punished? Or are they above the law when it comes to copying?
MS Surface tablet bought back ALOT of memories....lol Alot....
That was in development looooong before the iPad. Before the iPhone. Using the same technology the iPhone uses....multi touch being one. Before any iFans respond...please read up on the history of Surface...or what its called now..PixelSense.
I'm surprised MS hasnt bought out the lawyers yet.
176. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6591; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
and tell me oh great carnoc what is it that Samsung copied?
21. medicci37 (Posts: 653; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Major changes in patent law need 2 be made. It's the consumers who are really getting f*cked by all this anticompetitive BS.
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
there will come a time when all companies will gather up and kill this
lethal evil coward fkn pu$§i fruit should be demolished....
24. mas11 (Posts: 1030; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Where's Don't Sue People Panda (Formally Sexual Harassment Panda) when you need him?
30. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yes!!! Great news for the Apple camp! Samsung is getting what they deserve. Shutting down the SIII would be awesome.
32. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
What did Samsung even do? Hasn't their bulls**tting over the SIII been turned down before?
Ah, right. It has.
51. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
there is no faith or humanity in Taco...
they control him .
66. mas11 (Posts: 1030; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I can't believe you worship such a dirty company. If Apple had it their way they would be the only phone manufacturer in the world. They don't support Android at all while Google gives you Chrome, Maps, Search and a few other apps. Apple steals from Motorola and fixes ebook prices. They overprice everything while Google gives you amazing sales and gives you the freedom to do what you want with their software. Shame on you Apple.
92. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
nobody worships anyone.. we support which is different.. just like you support Google.. just like people buy Coke other than Pepsi .. he is doing as much as remix is doing to improve the lives of Foxxcon workers....... nothing
131. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3034; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
To compare Coke and Pepsi to Google and Apple would make sense if Pepsi was suing Coke for having the same shape bottles and cans, for being the same color drink, and for both the same sugar and caffeine.