Apple wins preliminary injunction on Samsung GALAXY Nexus, can aim for Samsung Galaxy S III next
0. phoneArena 29 Jun 2012, 18:45 posted on
Judge Lucky Koh has awarded Apple a preliminary injunction against the Samsung GALAXY Nexus; Apple will have to post a $96 million bond and Samsung will most likely ask for a stay on the order which revolves around four patents Samsung allegedly infringed upon with the handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
You don't understand! Jack-booted thugs are going to kick down your door any minute and wrench your 6 month old nexus out of your hands!
37. Birds (Posts: 1086; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I got his back!!! I got talons!! And my Xperia S has a built in light saber. lol
40. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
kill it kill it kill it
virus.... rooten deadly lethal fruit....
75. mandkeee (Posts: 81; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
yes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ go apple....
android is garbage..`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
108. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
when u start using any android fone then u ll say against k.r.apple.
278. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
man..! You are a Garbage, some really rotten one..!!
Maybe a Rotten Apple
260. The_Godfather (Posts: 184; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
When you look at iOS you can easily make out that they are using all of the features from different mobile OS like Android, Windows, Web OS, RIM, Symbian and Meego.
I believe all these companies should come up together and sue Apple for their patents. I just want to say one thing that Apple got scare and they can see their dark future in the next few months because of the release of Google Nexus 7, Windows phone 8, Windows Surface and many other cool devices which are not based on dead icons and are not similar to their s**tty iOS.
2. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
"Can aim for SIII next" like you are rooting for this ridiculousness.. Live and let live, not sue and remove all competition... iSad :/
10. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
For a company so loved.. why are you so hated? Because of crap like this... You're aim is to control everything including not having competitors products on the market. Forcing those not in the herd to clan up. Not gonna happen, no matter how many silly little bans you receive. Companies will rise up and seek to destroy you even more with moves like this.
Sorry Apple your popularity is only going down. Your reign is coming to an end. Google Android OS is real. A real threat to you and MS but you don't see MS throwing temper tantrums suing left and right. Grow up and realize capitalism is America's way of life where choice reigns supreme.
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
in the meantime stock continue to rise and receving awards for innovation. and being a great company.. google it if you dont believe me
25. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Because of all the brain-dead pre-pubescent teenage girls that buy a white iPhone and a pink case.
That includes you, gallitoking.
78. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
it could be that everyone even the experts handling the awards year after year. thats the dumb answer or we can just admit that Apple has done as a company something only a few have done...i dont know but you just called every Apple consumer brain dead.. hope you know how smart you just sounded
141. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Every girl at my school has an Apple device. The parents either have Apple devices (from the girl telling them how "great" it was) or an Android (from personally being an intelligent consumer).
It's ALL A TREND. You still don't get it. People get what is most popular. The awards are given for what is most popular. What is popular? The stupid, simple iPhone. Thus Apple gets lots of money.
EVERYONE that bothers to do research knows Android can do more and is better than the iPhone.
Android couldn't have copied iOS because it is better than iOS. One is s**tty, the other is awesome. DEFINITELY not the same things.
280. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so.. people buy Android because they are mostly free with a 2 year agreement, they dont care about Android.. they just want a free phone.. so we can assume most of Android consumer dont know about Amdroid..? but you wont admitt to that right?
269. MacInTexas (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
So they can design a phone : kudos to theFruit for that even as they CHOOSE to Rape consumers with a 74% profit per device. So sad that they could Still enjoy a 47% Pure Profit if they CHOSE to support their own Country with Real American Jobs but no, they go for the EXCESSIVE Profits instead of helping their fellow citizens and Still Reap Record Profits. TheFruit is Anti-America by Choosing this route.
1. Anti America
2. Sues Others over "theft" then turns right around and does the same with ios 5 ( and 6 as previews show )
3. Has the Highest Paid Legal Staff
4. Anti Capitalism
5. COULD Help America BUT Chooses Profit over Benefit
TheFruit is digging their grave as we speak.
While Android OS continues to climb ( now at 61% up from 58% 1st Quarter ) theFruit is Stagnant at 28% (as per Quarter 2, 2012 and actually Down from the 31% share from Q4 2011).
Am i surprised to see them Suing right & left ? Actully, yes. TheFruit USED to be a Highly Responsible & Respected company. Is theFruit Doomed? No, But they're Shooting Themselves straight in the foot with all the "goodwill" they're spreading. Already 2 of my fruit toting friends have vowed to never upgrade or get Any Fruit products ever again and these 2 are Not Alone : theFruit will not see any noticeable growth in their SmartPhone arena if it doesn't actually Shrink (as is already happening in Europe).
I only Pity this company now as they've ditched All Reason in the pursuit of more Profit over its' now outdated phone.
279. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
and maybe you know how dumb you sounded.!!
Do you?? Very doubtful!!
169. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6946; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I didn't know gallitoking was a girl Non_Sequitur
189. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Gallito a teenage girl?!?!?
Well that explains the lack of English skills. ;)
261. The_Godfather (Posts: 184; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Non_Sequitur:- Very true brother..even they don't know how to operate it they just want to hold a device which they think looks cool.. That white iPhone looks so gay.....:p
28. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 924; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Based on the charts they will not be high for long....5th wave top will happen then be ready for the fall. I chart stocks and can tell you it will fall. If you don't believe me look at the post that said a trader said apple will pull back to 545-565, and I said more like 525.00 and it did. It will retrace after tge years end if not before.
35. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I....don't even have the energy. Retarded person, brain washed sheep, etc etc
42. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
true alien zombies from lalaland...
38. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
and u support them. as a person i feel sorry
for u. there us no sympathy and dignity honur
or pride in u as a human. do u have a hart mind and a soul.
41. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Apple just said that the galaxy nexus is causing them "irreparable harm" in order to get the injunction. Google it....or just look above.
70. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Which IMO makes Apple look even more ridiculous....they arent losing any money or marketshare from all the 'copying'...
Its amazing tho...I do hope every manfacture just comes with a unique way for the same thing...then Apple can go off in peace and leave them be.
80. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow for a minute I thought my comment was dumb but then i read the responses and I feel better now..
81. CupZ83 (Posts: 18; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
you forgot Obama's and his cronies are in charge so capitalism if it even exists anymore is all but long gone soon my friend :( :'( :*(
142. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Hopefully a businessman like Romney will step in and lower the huge f**king debt in our country.
178. Astreo (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 May 2011)
haha the only people that care about apples popularity are the "hardcore" users of android and apple products. the regular consumer barely has any idea of whats happening in the cellphone world and to them this is just another delay for a phone.
47. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Alan F will deny it, but he is a fanboy lol
56. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
what is so good about Apple and there products....
3. BREvenson (Posts: 225; Member since: 17 May 2012)
There goes Apple again, throwing their weight around, claiming that everything they have was theirs to begin with...all because they have the paperwork. I have no kind words to say about Apple, especially since most of those words are inappropriate for this setting. Plus, I might come off as "ignorant" or "uneducated" to the fanboys.
How in the world can people continue to support a company whose main strategies for their competition is "steal, steal, steal" and "sue, sue, sue"? They aren't interested in advancing their own interface and product as much as they are interested in blocking the competition by using litigation. Apple needs to get a reality check; they aren't God.
4. baldilocks (Posts: 583; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
If Apple doesn't cool it, they are going to go the way of RIM within a few years.
5. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
So is the GNex banned or something now?
God damn it Apple. You're just angry because Google Now beat your precious Siri.
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
The Nexus.. a forgotten device. on Sprint is a no seller and in VRZ with al the other phones coming out.. lets go for the big gun SGSIII..
9. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow is call freedom of speech. dont be so sensitives.. or are you with Samsung?
23. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
If we have freedom of speech, then there's nothing that says I can't say your opinion is stupid.
See what I'm saying? You can't say that I can't say that what you say is stupid and shouldn't be said.
26. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I never stopped from saying anything .. you are the one with the name calling.. I just ask why are you so sensitive. didnt thing that would have offended you..
29. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I'm not offended at all. Please remove the fork lodged up your asshole.
82. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
when you grow up let me know so we can continue this
86. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You're a good Troll, but lets be serious, everyone on this site knows that the only iTroll worth arguing with is taco50.
You're about half of what he is.
96. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'm actually surprised gallito is taking this stance. He tends to be more rational and open-minded than taco, and usually less blinded by ignorance and stupidity. I'm disappointed, honestly.
Oh, and how the heck did apple patent voice search? Surely any of the other companies who have offered it outside if Nuance (original creator of siri) before they even made or released it.
I hope Samsung just removes the supposedly offensive software, and offers it as a separate download and continue their sales numbers.
98. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I am but you fandroids have been on a tear and cannot leave my sensei taco alone on this one
107. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
You make me sad.
Everyone have a great weekend!
143. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
SENSEI TACO OH MY GOD
I'm going to use that f**king forever oh my god
144. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I'm just having some fun, man.
How's it feel to be the troll-ee?
But wait, what were we even arguiing about? Oh, yeah. The Nexus. A "forgotten device." The Nexus, which is racking up sales no-contract on Google Play. The Nexus. Being the first phone with Jelly Bean. The Nexus. The phone that is ALWAYS INSTANTLY supported by the entire XDA community.
Yep. The Nexus, poor forgotten device. Never has been forgotten, never will be. Well, not until Apple has to step in with their "SLIDE TO UNLOCK" patents and sue someone for making a better product than them.
172. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6946; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
YOU should learn to grow up. you're not the one that's loosing its the consumer us that's loosing. HOW would u like it if someone BANS your product
174. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Is anyone aware that "loosing" and "losing" are two different words with completely different meanings?
Score one for smartphones, but English is at a loss.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Nexus is never forgotten, it's in the JB spotlight right now.
83. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
even though you are young you always show maturity , but if ICS was not a feature worth buy this,,, neither wil JB specially when 90% of Androids are stuck/forgotten on GB
109. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, as far as the actual device is concerned it just hangs in there by having that HDSA Display and by being apart of the Nexus Bloodline no matter how deluded it is on CERTAIN carriers...
well 10% of 400 million is still a lot. i can't really say a lot about the condition of Android WORLDWIDE but here in the states a pretty good number of the heavy hitters have gotten or are about to get ICS. you have to remember too that we're also talking about things like the eReaders that have been really successful like the Nook Color, Nook Tablet and Amazon Kindle Fire which hardly anyone cares about getting ICS+ and they take over half of the Android Tablet Space in Sales Figures. in reality a lot of the devices that are really eligible for ICS are making pretty good progress on getting it. the upgrade to JB won't be as long and grueling as it was from GB to ICS because that was such a massive upgrade. i'm sure any of the devices that were behind schedule on receiving ICS will probably just skip straight to JB being that progress was at a minimum. i wouldn't be surprised if we hardly see any more growth in the percentage of devices running ICS and start seeing more growth in JB especially since it looks like the Nexus 7 is going to be a big hit.
202. bayusuputra (Posts: 957; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
haha, that 10% is the official number.. the unofficial? more than the feathers on your body, chicken..