Apple wins lawsuit in Mexico over use of phonetic iPhone name
0. phoneArena 06 Jun 2014, 02:47 posted on
The Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI) acquitted Apple on Thursday, in a case against Mexicon company iFone. At stake was the legal rights to the phonetic use of the iPhone name. The Mexican agency ruled that only iFone's competition in the carrier business could infringe on the name. Because Apple is not a wireless operator, and the iPhone is not a mobile network, Apple was acquitted. But it isn't all good news for the tech titan...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Apple always take names from others... ifone, ipad, healthkit etc
8. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3214; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
love this looks like the world is getting annoyed with apple and no longer jumping through hoops for them. if they say something about its hurting there sales and money the mexican courts are going to say so go f your self with all your billions .
6. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Say what you want, but it was thought of first.
9. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3214; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
in many countries the i in iphone means internet so this means nothing to the world.
5. dougasker (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Well Apple has a tract record of taking established names and using them, "iPhone" for example was orogionally used ny Cisco.
12. Droidrapist (Posts: 186; Member since: 28 May 2014)
"Used" by Cisco, instead it was trademarked but NEVER used and later a settlement was reached. Cisco was never to actually USE an actual i-phone and if they ever did it would have been a waste of breath, space, and a name, and the smart phone revolution wouldn't be here.
7. wax33 (Posts: 45; Member since: 06 Apr 2014)
I should trademark vPhone. It's a great name and I'm sure some company will come along and want to use it. They'll have to pay me! >:D
10. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Vodafone might take umbrage with that name.
13. steedsofwar (unregistered)
Apple didn't innovate or invent the name for its most profit grossing product?
14. steedsofwar (unregistered)
They even paid for the ipad name from the Chinese? The irony of that. Murricans bash the Chinese for cloning Apple products. LOL.