Apple wins case against Samsung in the Netherlands
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Aug 2011, 10:04
Patent battles between Apple and Samsung are taking place on several arenas throughout the world, and a Dutch court in the city of The Hague is exactly one of them. Those who keep a close eye on things...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
144. jroc74 posted on 24 Aug 2011, 17:47 0 0
Whats also funny is the LG Prada and some phone called the Neonode came up in court in Samsung's defense and helped them get some stuff tossed. The Neonode was in 2005 and had the slide to unlock that Apple tried to sue Samsung for.
The LG Prada....the same LG Prada that some folks try to dismiss.
I think this other stuff coming up in court and favoring Samsung looks bad on Apple's part.
All prior art helped Samsung. And folks wanna keep calling Samsung copycats....
Samsung is the copycat....for copying their own design for hardware?
152. ChiquiKon posted on 24 Aug 2011, 18:55 1 0
169. jroc74 posted on 24 Aug 2011, 22:49 0 0
That Engadget article has some patent pics missing....wonder why...LOL!!
170. techaman posted on 24 Aug 2011, 23:50 2 0
am so sick of hearing about apple suing everyone company out there, thay think thay are the best and they suck without flash whats the point i mean its not like you h=can watch good shows on the internet, they are so scared that the next phone is better or tablet is better so they have to stop them so they can feel like there top dog. get over it apple there is nothing your stupid iphone 5 will have that can beat samsung or htc i mean hell htc has beats audio now so suck it.
175. 530gemini posted on 25 Aug 2011, 00:02 0 4
Just imagine how sick Apple is of all those who copy their iDevices. That's exactly the reason why Apple is suing the copycats. Because Apple is so sick of those iphone and ipad knock offs.
178. ToneDef posted on 25 Aug 2011, 00:17 1 0
For the record, the Dutch court only found something wrong with the way the gallery app scrolled. Yeah, really big victory...NOT. Samsung were found NOT GUILTY for infringing on the rest of Apple's patents.
179. 530gemini posted on 25 Aug 2011, 00:28 0 2
Regardless, they were found guilty on a complaint or two.
Still, it doesn't change the fact that their devices are iphone and ipad wannabes.
183. jroc74 posted on 25 Aug 2011, 00:43 0 0
The Galaxy S Tab is an evolution of the Samsung Digital Photo Frame....made in 2006. When did the iPad come out?
The Galaxy S line is an evolution the F700 made in 2007. When did the iPhone come out?
203. 530gemini posted on 25 Aug 2011, 14:04 0 0
A photo frame is not a tablet. But if you insist. Apple's iphone and ipad are an evolution of the Newton project in the late 1980's. So there. The Newton project was for a tablet computer.
177. ToneDef posted on 25 Aug 2011, 00:09 2 0
If Samsung took the same line of thought as Crapple ...
1) They would sue apple for the 'iPhone 5' tag, as the '5' RESEMBLES the 'S' in "Galaxy S"
2) They would sue apple for having a rectangular-shaped phone.
181. 530gemini posted on 25 Aug 2011, 00:30 0 3
Then let them sue Apple, and let's see who would look like a joker in court. Or maybe they already did, and their complaint is so silly that it didn't even make it to the judge, and went straight to the trash can.
194. taz89 posted on 25 Aug 2011, 06:49 1 0
Apple sued Samsung and they look like the joke..if you really think apple takes this as a win then you are just blind. Yes 1 patent of several stuck but if you read updated news you will find that this can easily be circumvented and galaxy line will continue selling...is it a coincidence that Steve jobs resigned just after the news of this..apple failed to stop Samsung...apple failed to Sue Samsung on the look and feel so please tell me what exactly apple "WON" lol
198. jroc74 posted on 25 Aug 2011, 10:36 0 0
Whats even more funny is the gallery app is stock, vanilla Android...lol. If Samsung woulda Touchwizzed it up this woulda been a straight lose for Apple.
iFans refuse to read the facts. The facts say thats why the Galaxy S Tab 10.1 isnt involved. The Tab 10.1 has Honeycomb on it...so the Honeycomb Gallery app must be different than the 2.3 one.
If folks really read the facts...they will see what Apple really won...lol. Nothing.
204. 530gemini posted on 25 Aug 2011, 14:09 0 0
@taz. How did Apple look like a joke when they won? Lol. Of course Samsung would have to modify their devices, or else, the ban won't be lifted. Apple never asked to court to close Samsung's business, hahahaha. They're merely complaining on IP infringements. The fact that Samsung devices release have been stalled due to Apple's complaints, is a victory for Apple.
184. jroc74 posted on 25 Aug 2011, 00:45 0 0
They need to sue Crapple for the iPad design now. Their Digital Photo Frame was made in 2006. And looks a lil too similar to the iPad.
Apple does its fair share of copying. Some folks hate to hear that tho.
189. Tmachaveli posted on 25 Aug 2011, 01:25 0 0
Iphonearena needs to learn how to update there stories
191. apple sucks (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 02:52 0 0
Apple is just too jealous of SGSII. And those judges don't have eyes, in what way does SGSII look like iPhone?
195. LG (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 08:29 0 0
Why doesn't LG sue Apple for copying Prada?
206. 530gemini posted on 25 Aug 2011, 14:12 0 0
Because the iphone is not a copy of the lg prada. Go try to sue them for lg :)
196. LG (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 08:32 0 0
All phones and computers will need to be shipped into Europe through another port bypassing Netherlands, how is that going to benefit their business?
197. LG (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 08:37 1 0
All computers, TVs, refrigerators, bicycles, land line phones, photocopiers, etc., look alike too.
207. 530gemini posted on 25 Aug 2011, 14:13 0 0
They probably already paid licence fees. They you look into it?
208. InspectorGadget80 posted on 25 Aug 2011, 17:29 0 0
This is why i hate APPLE. They think every company copies the Iphone. They have the right to sue. First Germany now Netherlands. I'm pretty sure lots of consumers in the Netherlands love to have a Galaxy S II phone when it launches now it's probably too late. APPLE probably pay the judge or someone in the courts same way they found HTC guilty of copy right infringement.
209. LolTroll (unregistered) posted on 26 Aug 2011, 02:31 0 0
"Why can't we just all hold hands and get along?" =P