Apple will sell iPads at $250 off, but only to its employees
0. phoneArena 26 Jan 2012, 04:39 posted on
Apple employees will be able to purchase a brand new iPad for $250 off its retail price. Additionally, all Macs with the exception of the Mac mini are being treated to a $500 discount. There are e few...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. android_hitman (Posts: 591; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
they could give for free... but hey, it's apple and it's greedy
2. victo410 (Posts: 16; Member since: 20 Jan 2012)
at least $99 if they don't want give it for free, I`m agree with you this company are super duper !! greedy!!
4. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Hater. You know you want one at that price
12. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
It means they get a profit of AT LEAST 250$ on each ipad and $500 on macs. Whether that is ok with its buyers depends on the buyers.
3. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
OMG.. seriously!?!?!? and you can only get a discount once every 3 years?? lolololol Apple even gouges its employees. Its not surprising but its still funny. I had always assumed they got an employee discount of some sort. WTF.. What a horrible company.
5. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
It's a business they are not here to give away free s**t. $500 off a Mac is a great deal. Plus It prevents employees for buying a bunch of Macs and selling on Ebay.
Before you hate just to hate read and think because more and more each day you look like an idiot. I use to have respect for your opinions now I see you are just typing to type.
13. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
True. Doesn't apple pay its people well enough so they can afford to buy the pads themselves? But going by the reception of the announcement, apparently, apple doesn't.
16. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea its a great deal. its the once every 3 years part I find laughable. hell even at a small company comparitively like tmobile I get 2 massive discounts on phones a year.
1 treat your employees great and they will work harder
2 the more products your employees use, the more familiar with them they are and the easier it is to sell.
keep ur apple defenses up. its a crap company run by people with a severe lack of integrity and morals.
18. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
yea and look how well T mobile is doing.
19. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yes, its the employee discounts thats the issue with Tmobile. your right!! omg, i cant believe anyone hasnt thought about that!
hey, if you want to be treated like a douche, then go work at apple. I'd rather be at a place where they are nice to their employees.
get a clue, itroll. :)
20. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
awe. dont cry, lmao.
I love this kid. too easy
21. E.N. (Posts: 2224; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
A new MacBook every 3 years for $600? I think that's a freaking great deal. What did you expect, every year?
22. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yes actually. i have never worked at a tech company that didnt offer massive yearly discounts on products.
Again, you want your employees to be using the current tech so that way they can sell and answer questions better.
If you guys want to work at a company that doesnt think your time is worth a good discount on their services, thats up to you. Apple is one of the very very few that does that kind of junk.
23. E.N. (Posts: 2224; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
well you do realize this is on top of a yearly 25% employee discount. What kind of yearly massive discounts have you gotten, just out of curiosity
24. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
At tmobile i get a substantial discount on phones multiple times a year and might-as-well-be-free unlimited services to go with it. And the phone discount gets bigger and bigger the longer im an employee until they are just free. And thats any device. If i was eligible for a free phone and the SGS3 just launched, I'd get it free. (oh man i'd be one happy employee..lol) Thats not even counting the multiple contests I win every year for free tablets, phones, money, ect.
VZW, ATT and sprint are also very similar. Google obviously gives away all sorts of stuff.
Bottom line is most major tech companies give back to employees. It raises job satisfaction and keeps pride high ,which keeps productivity high.
My understanding of Apple is that even though they are sitting on that massive warchest and banking every quarter, they still havent payed dividends to their shareholders in quite some time which is unusual for a company making that much. If you like the products or not, its a very selfish and uncaring company.
25. E.N. (Posts: 2224; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I'm pretty sure there are giveaways in almost any company. So what makes you eligible for a new phone?
26. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i get 2 a year, to be used at my leisure. discount is based on time in the company. After a couple of years, the discount is 100%, aka free.
8. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
This is on top of a 25 percent discount according to macrumors which can be used once a year.
15. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
This is very true...
7. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
$250 off. and still making a killing of profit.
whats worse? apple or these clothing companies that charge $150 bucks for a $2 pair of jeans?
9. drahmad (Posts: 478; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i hate apple but i want an iphone
i hate apple but love an ipad
i hat apple but i praise ipod.
10. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Are they allowed to sell it back on Ebay ?
11. veRdiKt (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
@ivank034 doubt it. they prolly will tell the employees you can only have it for a year before selling and prolly make them take tests on apple products to keep them up to date
i work at best buy mobile and attach broadband cards on all the ipads i sell......really who wants to pay $130 extra for only a 3g version -_-.....they should give best buy employees that discount too....