Apple wants to add Samsung Galaxy S4 to 2014 patent trial
0. phoneArena 14 May 2013, 04:23 posted on
Apple and Samsung each submitted a filing with the court on Monday in response to last month's request by Judge Lucy Koh for each company to narrow the focus of their claims for the 2014 patent trial between the two rivals; the sequel to last year's epic patent trial is scheduled to start next March. In the filing, both Apple and Samsung listed 22 products belonging to the other that they claim infringe on their own patents...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AnTuTu (Posts: 1571; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Really Apple really? Your phone is not even near a bit to that Galaxy line in any damn way.
12. AnTuTu (Posts: 1571; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Also add Note 3, S4 Mini, Lumia 928, Oppo Find 5, Motorola X, LG which they'd unveil on this 30th as well as Pantech Vega Iron ;)
28. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yes! boycott incapable, dumb, rotten Apple's iConboards!
1) "Phones most vulnerable among smartphones"
2) "Apple iOS Apps Leak More Personal Info Than Android"
3) "Quarter of iPhones have a broken screen, poll says."
4) "40% of iOS popular apps invade your privacy without any permission."
5) "FBI files: STEVE JOBS was a lying, power hungry, mad man."
6) "Steve Jobs: "We are shameless about stealing great ideas." "
7) "Italy fines Apple $1.2 million over AppleCare practices."
8) "Belgian consumer group files complaint against Apple over AppleCare warranty practices."
please, dump all your iConboards.......the world will be better
42. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Very well said+1
When will these average joes, be smart!
79. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Samsung should stop copying/stealing technology and ideas from apple.
33. atsamman (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Really apple !! This is too much
Just learn how to compete instead of those meaningless lawsuits
But I really blame the stupid judges that are really granting them any money
46. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Apple have more than $120 billions to spend on Lawyers, they don't care about consumers. People stop buying Apple products if Apple continue to crash Samsung in the Courtrooms. Boycott Apple products "Made in China" and bring the jobs to America.
67. jcarrigan (unregistered)
yes what an ass backwards company, Apple is pretty much adding anything that Samsung releases just because the phone are rectangular and touch screen with a home button.
2. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Samsung, HTC, LG, Oppo, Huwaei, Asus, Nokia, Sony etc are busy making their new innovative products and making headlines about these new stuffs even rumors.. Dont disturb them
37. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
They have got nothing else to do these days...Apple is DEAD in the near future & they know it very well..thats why they r trying to stop every1 else from doing anything innovative ..
62. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 410; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Yeah, this bullsh*t is starting to get real old. I will definitely start encouraging my friends and co-workers to buy android devices by using my Galaxy Note 2 as a prime reason why they should do so.
77. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Apple might have read this one..
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 1964; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
and what did the galaxy s4 infringe this time around?It copied apple for the device being lighter,thinner and faster?Apple is getting more pathetic with all these suing
60. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Well I'm convinced, case closed!
78. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
4. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 250; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Omg this is so unnecessary.. battling for market share :X
5. mydi.maus (unregistered)
yeah add galaxy s4..
15. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 757; Member since: 11 May 2013)
He is perfectly in love with HTC One, thats why he hates galaxy s4
20. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
both are androids .... we love android... no matter wat brand is
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why the hate for S4....!
It's still classed as "ANDROID"™
6. uchihakurtz (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
This is what happens when you're out of ideas, blame it on other people
7. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Might as well add the Note 3 and the S4 mini
Lol as IF Apple has a shot at winning this case.
9. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Good grief I am tired of Apple's monopolistic bullying
10. Trex95 (Posts: 852; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
No body knows what's going on between Apple and Samsung. But maybe this time Samsung copy some technical staff?!
45. joey_sfb (Posts: 4973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Yes we do. Apple run out of idea to innovate on their products so they shift their focus to prevent others from innovating.
Apple exec. claim their own the smart phone market. Only they could make money from it.
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3486; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Apple know they will turn heads only if they create a news based on patent lawsuits. Don't blame them cause they haven't making much news recently /s
So Apple, better keep S4 mini, S4 active and S4 zoom as standby for more names to add...do check out the new Nokia 625 and if you haven't, drop in to see the HTC One too, you'll find quite some illusionary infringement of patents by them too.
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Every time Apple adds a Samsung phone to it's trial an angel dies and Samsung sells 100.000 new flagships. Free bad press is free press for Samsung thank you very much.
18. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 757; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Thats why Samsung is releasing bunch of devices to make Apple exhausted lol
Still, im excited with the new look of ios7
23. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
One word for this whole situation: Pathetic!
27. iampun33t (Posts: 56; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
Apple should really learn to claim the market with their own products rather than trying to remove the competition. Anyway, I don't see how the Galaxy S4 could possibly infringe upon. Nothing in the software or the hardware, oh wait, I did see a rectangular design with rounded edges. Or maybe its the Metallic Rim on the sides!!
Apple should reconsider their research and develop something apt for the current market or all we will see is more phones being included in the lawsuit. Apple is surely capable but I don't know where did their brains go after the initial iPhone..!!!
PS: I am a Samsung Fanboy... BooHoo..!!
29. DeathR34PER (Posts: 19; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Oh freaking come on now, Apple, you already have more devices to be in the list than Samsung, now the S4? How much more you want? Getting really ridiculous now... Might as well give up all these patent trials and get back to your innovations life any other normal companies...
30. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
One day, Apple will stop making iDevices and start patenting new stuffs and live off with the money they get from these patents and sues! :/
31. jibraihimi (Posts: 741; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Cmon you two 'sammy and Apple' take a break, get some rest, and stop this suing war, instead focus on some new innovation, make ur products more powerful, bring back the wow factor........ We don't want some software gimmicks being called as innovation, or we don't want some extra rows of icons............... Start doing something before it's too late..........
47. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 757; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Cant we just thank samsung and LG for pushing software tricks at another level.. These might sound gimmicks, but one is for sure, those software gimmicks have purposes. Maybe not for you.. We are still lucky that there are companies who are not just focusing on bumping hardware specs but also giving end-users a real smartphone.. What Samsung needs to do now is to make only the 32GB and 64GB versions.. Focus on low-light photography.. And make their UI superfluid and deliver another TW look.
These software features are great and can be turned off if unnecessary
32. Lyngdoh (Posts: 231; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
To all iFans..
This is an iWitness that Apple is rotting.
34. juanyunis (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Shame on you Samsung for copying the most boring dumbphone, sorry smartphone of the world (Kidding).
Big lol, the UI is so different, the screen, the design, the features, the box, the name, the sensors, why Apple is trying to do this, this is something ridiculous, GTFO Apple.
72. donfem (Posts: 616; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Who made the first car ever? Then, let that manufacturer (Ford or whoever) sue Toyota, Mercedes, Chevy, Nissan, Porsche, Ferrari, Rover, Fiat etc fr daring to make anything that has four tyres.
35. BigBoss10 (Posts: 264; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
HEY Apple F**K *FF & Get A LIFE AZZ HOLE!!!!
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 18381; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Actually as a company they have a great life. One the most powerful and rich companies out there...however they need to focus on the future not the courtroom.
61. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Fascinating. They still suck.
36. phljcnth (Posts: 461; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
U crazy, Apple. U crazy! Damn, is patent lawsuit your new business venture? It's so apparent that all you drool for is money. Leave Samsung alone you mother-father!
38. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung and Apple needs to take some serious medication! I mean, when can they stop this stupid suing thing? Come on, why not focus on the design of the smartphone instead of sue sue patent patent blah blah blah?
Geez......the love story between Samsung and Apple never ends..........
41. FlushGordon (unregistered)
you're supposed to comment first.... why are you late ? XD
44. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I won't do that any more! xD
64. flamencoguy (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
You got it wrong. Apple needs to take medication!