Apple wants the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1N banned in Germany
0. phoneArena 30 Nov 2011, 03:15 posted on
Apple has taken legal action against Samsung in Germany and wants the sales of the GALAXY Tab 10.1N, the redesigned version of the original Tab 10.1, to be halted as well...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nanozander (Posts: 85; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
So any tablet with a slim profile and a touch screen is considered an ipad clone... hmmm..
6. sorcio46 (Posts: 433; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Maybe it's the rage after the review of the Galaxy Nexus on Phone Arena, so they keep suing everyone xD
2. shy2papa (Posts: 257; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
Why is apple so bent on banning samsung galaxy tab when the world wide market share of tablets is dominated by the iPad with 75% or more.
This sucks apple should just keep on innovating not suing.
3. sennarose88 (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Jun 2009)
If 10.1N still want to be banned, then they should sue Flyer, Transformer, first generation Xoom etc.
I'm sick of Apple outrageous stupidity, 10.1N may be banned from Germany, but iPad should be banished from this world from trying to be anti-competitive! Every tablet manufacturer should unite to make anti-Apple team, then with full force sue and ban Apple and the tablet world will be saved.
11. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Seconded!!! GO SAMMY YOU COULD DO IT!!!
Dont lose to that anti competitive Fruit Company!!!
4. bigboss (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Siri,can you give me the potion that makes your manufacturers grow younger?
5. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Question: Do you own a tablet? Do you have the galaxy tab 10.1 or other tablets?
I\'ll start: yes, iPad 2
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Not yet more interested in dual core tabs and the transformer looks darn good
26. Stuntman (Posts: 834; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Yes. Asus Eee Pad Transformer with keyboard dock. Also, I did not buy it by accident thinking it was an iPad.
8. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
OMG, really, apple? I was hoping the era of petty BS would be over with Job's death. Guess not.
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Apple is nothing but a bunch of greedy turds. They dont eant too see anyone taking away their sales which is B.S. Im sure a lot of consumers in Germany loves to buy the Galaxy Tab but cant thanks too Apple stupidity & ignorance
10. Eingild (Posts: 203; Member since: 19 Apr 2011)
Lol! Samsung already made the revisions to prevent Apple from suing it, and now Apple still wanted to ban the revised product? That fruit company is becoming more and more of a patent troll. If they are so confident with their product, what are they afraid of?! Statistics even say that iPad still dominates tablet market. This is not just mere protection of rights and patents. This is a monopoly of the tablet industry by suing each and every competition; starting with the the biggest one.
13. ElectroManiac (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Ok this clearly show that no mater what samsung do, Apple just want them out of competition.
14. Sniggly (Posts: 7301; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Who has two thumbs and isn't surprised one damn bit?
*jerks thumbs at myself* Sniggly.
17. Dmann (Posts: 165; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I was going to thumb you up, but for the sake of the pun, you´ll continue with two thumbs up.
16. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'd love to see Apple's legal claim at this point. If it really is a claim to any thin 10" tablet, they've got a lot of damn nerve. If you don't like open competition, move to Venezuela.
22. ElectroManiac (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Lol I'm from Venezuela. We do still have open competition here. We just have a really bad government who is making us seen bad out there, and is destroying our economy :(
23. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Knew I would ruffle someone's feathers. :} I just needed a socialist-run country to pick on.
My point being that we could live with only one brand for each class of product, but it flies in the face of centuries of capitalism.
25. ElectroManiac (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Chavez socialism is a bunch of bullcrap. Our country is as capitalism as any other country out there. It is just that Chavez use the socialism propaganda to get more votes. Believe me here on Venezuela we all hate Chavez lol. He will loose next elections.
Chavez is what have made us look bad out there, but Venezuela is nothing like Cuba or North Korea. I think in your comment a country like North Korea will fit more.
18. BlowJobs (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
I wonder if the judge will demand additional payments to ban the 10.1N.
20. twill713 (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
You all know apple invented the rectangle ! So any product shaped like apples invention MUST be banned !
21. cncrim (Posts: 730; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Come on, Samsung just counter sue Apple with anti competition and if you win apple have to pay 10% of apple world wide share to Euro and you can ask 2% on top of that............. 10% of $367B is a lot money. Do it SAM, take Apple as example.
24. theBankRobber (Posts: 674; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
The more reason Motorola should have iphones banned in Germiny. Apple is only trying to stop what they already know is a treat to them, so sad, Apple wants to ban products because of look and others want to ban Apple for real issues, infringement of real patents