Apple v. Samsung jurors are told not to update devices or load apps during deliberation
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Aug 2012, 17:56
One day before the possible start of jury deliberations for the Apple v. Samsung patent trial, Judge Lucy Koh has given the jury some instructions about devices being given to the jury during deliberations; the jury is not allowed to update them, install a SIM card or load apps...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tedkord posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:06 8 2
Finally, getting to play with tech. The reward at the end of a long, drawn out, boring and often silly court case.
5. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:17 13 3
This is where Samsung's big displays will really shine.
2. gallitolimitededition (banned) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:11 1 22
the good thing about Apple is that none of their devices uses a sim card.. or use OTA updates..I could be wrong , but since my iphone needs its BFF.. the cable..
6. blazee posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:28 9 1
iphones do have sim cards, but what is the good thing about a phone not having a sim card or OTA updates?
8. gallitolimitededition (banned) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:37 1 13
just thinking about not haing to worry about the removable sim cards.. is a good thing..
37. phitch posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:41 0 0
iPhones have SIM cards what about that aren't you understanding? Wait, do you actually have an iPhone?
7. johnbftl posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:32 12 0
Ummm, all of Apple's devices use sim cards. The iPhone, iPhone 3g, and iPhone 3gs all have a standard sim tray located on top in the middle. The 4, 4s, and all iterations of the iPad have a micro sim located on the right side toward the top. For someone that runs their mouth about Apple as much as you do, one would think you would know those facts. I don't even own an iPhone and I know that. Shows how much the average Apple consumer knows about the products they own.
9. gallitolimitededition (banned) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:38 4 7
I am sorry I was reading another article that forgot to mention the word removable, sorry for the confusion
11. johnbftl posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:53 8 0
Still wrong, they're all removable. All you need is a safety pin to push the tray open.
12. gallitolimitededition (banned) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:56 2 5
yes I have recently learne from here. I havent remove it myself.. and neither have remove my spare tire in my car.. go figure...
14. crankyd00d posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:58 2 0
Hmm cards are removable/portable by definition, otherwise it would be just a SIM, not a SIM card :-)
10. skymitch89 posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:51 2 1
The CDMA variant of the iPhone 4 doesn't have SIM cards. I have a friend that was given a Verizon iPhone 4 from his boss. He's not that big on technology, and that's how I knew what iPhone he had without having to look at anything about software.
24. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 02:24 0 0
Not all apple devices , just the iPhone and 3G/4g iPads with the exception of the Verizon iPhone 4
15. remixfa posted on 21 Aug 2012, 20:20 5 0
i could have sworn iOS5 allowed OTA updates. hmmm...?
sure the sim cards are removable, you just need a pin to push the button to eject it.
18. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 21:13 1 1
It does indeed.
19. Sniggly posted on 21 Aug 2012, 21:56 4 2
Gallito, if you've been banned on your main account, how the hell have you not been banned on this one yet?
21. remixfa posted on 21 Aug 2012, 23:00 4 0
he's been pretty good with his new account. So far I've only known one person to get auto caught trying to use a different account. pretty much every other person that has been banned has made multiple accounts to get around it.
22. Sniggly posted on 21 Aug 2012, 23:11 4 1
I was told after two posts that I wasn't allowed to use a second account period and my second account was summarily banned.
I just f**king hate double standards.
25. PhoneArena Team posted on 22 Aug 2012, 02:25 4 1
it would have been better if you reported this, instead of cursing...
28. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 02:29 3 1
Dear phonearena , do you think we are a couple of 5th graders that report to the teacher every time you see your classmates do something wrong ?
49. Lwazi_N posted on 22 Aug 2012, 09:02 0 0
Very good question!
30. Sniggly posted on 22 Aug 2012, 02:34 2 0
Okay, I'll do that next time.
I mean, it's not like I actually want anyone banned in the first place, but if I'm going to be told there's absolutely no way *I* can't post for a week because I use certain wording, I want to know you guys are consistent.
33. tedkord posted on 22 Aug 2012, 02:37 1 0
Sniggly, when you got caught circumventing your ban, was the ban on your initial amount extended? Are we going to be without Gallito even longer?
39. Sniggly posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:52 0 0
No, I was allowed to post again exactly seven days after my ban began, much to my relief. It's hard not being able to reply to the stupid and set the record straight.
46. remixfa posted on 22 Aug 2012, 07:03 0 1
it was pretty quiet without taco & gallito here to keep pissing everyone off. pretty relaxing week.
27. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 02:27 0 0
Sniggly , it's easy to get around this , just use a different name and different picture and be nice to everyone . It works for me
29. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 02:30 0 0
Remix , is that 1 person taco ?
44. remixfa posted on 22 Aug 2012, 07:01 0 1
nah, it wasnt taco.. at least it didnt used to be. last time he was banned for a long period he had something like 7 side accounts banned because he could never hide who he was for very long. If he was around this time, he was hiding it much better.
48. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 07:51 0 0
he use different names right ?
I guess he is no longer a young reckless teenager like me . He grew up and got smart
31. Sniggly posted on 22 Aug 2012, 02:35 1 0
"Sniggly , it's easy to get around this , just use a different name and different picture and be nice to everyone . It works for me"
In light of the comment I am responding to, this is ironic. :D
35. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:36 1 1
Galito is such as idiot . I don't think he ever owned any apple device but if he don't own the iPhone why is he such as apple fan ?
36. Sniggly posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:40 1 1
He bought an iPad. He became a snob pretty much right after that.
41. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:54 0 1
Oh , apple don't use sim card just because my iPod nano doesnt have it , f**k logic !
38. Non_Sequitur posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:42 1 0
Your avatar goes EXCELLENTLY with your comment.
40. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 04:53 1 0
Yeah my account was banned after typing out that middle finger so now I got smart and just upload that photo
42. Non_Sequitur posted on 22 Aug 2012, 05:17 1 0
45. remixfa posted on 22 Aug 2012, 07:02 0 0
you have an obsession with the middle finger, dont you? lol
47. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 07:49 0 0
yeah , i am 17 , what do you expect ?
4. sinple posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:14 2 0
i hope the jury is able to tell that samsung phone has a home screen unlike ip
13. ricodroid posted on 21 Aug 2012, 18:57 1 0
idk ... i would like to laugh when reading this .. like (really ... is this whole thing real .. it sounds like a child fight in the elemntary school)
16. remixfa posted on 21 Aug 2012, 20:21 5 1
no updates! you cant see what android and touchwiz actually look like! you can only see what it USED to look like!! lol.
What would be funny, is if that rule didnt exist, and tomorrow we wake up to the news that all SGS1, SGS2 and SGS3 devices are updated to vanilla ICS lol
50. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 22:43 0 0
It would be nice to see my dad's old galaxy s1 getting ics
17. jgcaap posted on 21 Aug 2012, 20:29 1 2
the judge should rule samsung to update all their devices to jelly bean. And apple should pay for those updates :D Would be awsome for galaxian users. hehe
23. Tsepz_GP posted on 22 Aug 2012, 01:44 0 0
This will be interesting, what Android version are the devices in question using? 2.3.4 or 4.0.4?
The screen sizes, widgets and plastic build could really help Samsung in this case, the moment you fire up that homescreen its clear they look nothing like iPhones.
32. tedkord posted on 22 Aug 2012, 02:35 0 0
Seriously, the only phone you could make a half convincing argument about is the original Galaxy S. After that, there's just no way you can honestly say Samsung phones look like the iPhone.
They named the Droid Charge, for Christ's sake. That looks nothing like an iPhone, with its round bottom.
34. xtian1103 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 02:45 0 3
jury is not allowed to update those samsung devices to a new software. i guess there are really no exception from the andorid update program! LOL