Apple tugs at the heart strings for this holiday ad
0. phoneArena 17 Dec 2013, 23:38 posted on
What better to warm the heart on a cold winter day than to gather the family around the fire for the...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. alterecho (Posts: 1053; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Samsung will make an advertisement, that will berate other products.
4. tech2 (Posts: 1762; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Hello0o0o00o0..........what about Nokia/Microsoft ?! Besides Samsung hasn't made one for ages now while Nokia/Microsoft has been berating all other OEMs on every social site
6. alterecho (Posts: 1053; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
This article isn't about them.
Since you're on about them, let me point out that Nokia wasn't like this until they started mingling with Microsoft.
Anyway, Samsung was the one that started it all. They live off other companies ideas, be it for insulting them for advertisements or copying them
7. Commentator (Posts: 2293; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
"This article isn't about them."
Is this article about Samsung? Not that I have anything against bringing other companies into the mix, but if you mention Samsung, Nokia and MS should be fair-play as well.
9. alterecho (Posts: 1053; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
You're right. I inadvertantly assume, in my mind, Samsung being mentioned whenever i read an Apple article. Especially an article having advertisement as its topic.
8. tech2 (Posts: 1762; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
How is this article about Samsung then ?
BTW, Samsung didn't start it was Apple who started bashing long before anyone started. What goes around comes around.
FYI, here is a link in which Nokia is bashing Android, long before it was acquired by Microsoft !
Get your facts right !
11. Commentator (Posts: 2293; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
As far as MS, heck they even mocked Android with an official software update, NoDo.
2. Sauce (unregistered)
Touching. I like this type of advertising this time of year. No pecking at the competition, just genuine advertising of a product.
3. KFear (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Their time would have been better spent actually engaging with the family. Touching ad. It's nice to see advertising like this.
Apple. "Why listen to our customer's when we can just tell them what they want?"
5. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
the google nexus 7 one on the boat was better in my opinion!
10. Sniggly (Posts: 6695; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Nope, not buying it. His phone wasn't even close to the angle needed for most of those shots in the scenes where they showed him using it. Even if he was capturing video of the precious moments shown, why would he ignore his family to mess with it in between shoots?
He's still a self absorbed prick, and sought to make up for it with some really terrible angles and cinematography.
That's what I take away from this commercial.
12. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 468; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Apart from the fact if it was all shot with a 5S, I doubt it was montaged on it