Apple touch panel supplier had a very slow June, could this mean declining sales for Apple?
Now, hold up before you assume Apple is suffering from lower sales - it could well be that the company has transferred panel production to another company, and we’ve heard reports about a new iPhone with a different display technology, likely not to be made by Wintek.
But what if it turns out that Wintek’s slow month means a slow month and quarter for Apple as well? That’s another way to look at things. Wintek reported consolidated sales of NT$5.22 billion for June, a 33.6% drop on the month. In the last seven year, the company has averaged growth of 1%.
Now, again, this doesn’t mean you should panic about your Apple stock. Wintek could also be transitioning to a new technology or preparing to start making the next iPhone. The in-cell touch panels on the new iPhone we heard rumors about were also to be made by Japanese companies like Sharp and Toshiba. Whatever it is, we’ll get some idea about how Apple is doing in sales as the company announces its financials for Q2 2012 in a couple of weeks.
source: Business Insider
1. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Impossible. The iPhone is the #1 selling phone in the world and always will be. Sales will never slow down. There will never be a better product.
11. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
What's funny is I can make a sarcastic post like that and people honestly think i'm an Apple fanboy.
Says a lot about Apple fanboys.
13. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
As I was reading your 1st comment I thought it was sarcasm. . . and dang! some doesn't get it right away, thus the hate. . . I just laugh. . .
19. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I could the same for android fanboys. I can post
Android rules Apple sucks
And I'll get 20 thumbs up. It just shows how rabid the fandroids are on here.
30. TRADE-MARK (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
That's right. All fandroids in here!
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Your new in here.... iamcc is not an eyef@g!
37. The_Godfather (Posts: 184; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Ofcourse their sales would drop. You know why because people know the reality and they don't want to stick with that gay looking phone.
They want something new, innovative, a platform which doesn't have copied features from other platforms, which enables people to customize it.
Holding a 3.7 inch display device front of giant display and vendors looks so gay that is the reason why I sold my iPhone lolzzz :p
Taco:- You should check the sales figure of first 7 months of apple, far behind Samsung lolzzz
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Lawsuits are bid-ness by other means. When your product is stale, sales bans keep customers from buying the competition's products until you can get your new iDevice out.
3. miguel6632 (Posts: 21; Member since: 25 May 2012)
oohh ohhh guess people are getting tired of the same phone year after year, just better camera and fasater. well at least you can change the backround now even if you cant really see it
4. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
the sheep are awakening!!
sadly, some will be human sheep, if you know what I mean.
Everything has an end, Apple's will be slow and painful --- Karma for all your lawsuits!
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I suspect iPhone sales are slowing in response to HOT Android handsets (GS III for example) being released. Also, not even Apple fans are dumb enough to buy an obsolete product with the imminent release of the new iPhone. The only sales that are occurring right now are probably replacement phones for one that is broken or water-damaged.
21. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
As usual you're out of touch with reality. Can't wait for Q2 sales numbers to be released so you can see that the iPhone will be the top selling smartphone on all 3 carriers again.
22. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And yet there is an article posted about sales dropping in England due to potential iPhone buyers holding off until the new model is released.... I would offer you a ban bet, but your performance honoring bets that you lose doesn't inspire confidence you would honor your obligation if you lost.
23. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It's called an analyst so it's a GUESS. Do you understand the difference between fact and analysis?
24. protozeloz (Posts: 5383; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
advice never bet with Taco ANYTHING
end of advice
34. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
why is this so important to you? does it give your iHerdism validity? makes you feel more like a ram?
44. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I like watching you guys get proved wrong quarter after quarter. You're always wrong and yet don't stop with the trolling.
40. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6803; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
why you're so physced in sales? you're not getting any money from APPLE's stock. you're just a simple minded zombie.
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You forgot the I in the front of the zombie.
7. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
smh... you guys know how to get your website clicks in...lol
can hate on how you post tech news...
26. protozeloz (Posts: 5383; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
indeed, Unbanning unnecessary trolls, making misleading titles and so on....
41. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Now theres 3 galli taco g2g... and cmpunk the legend strikercho qezdwgeat ....
12. Aeires (unregistered)
Probably a shift to Sharp screens and a user base painstakingly holding out for 4G technology.
14. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
might be due to the SGS3 demand, I can remember last year everyone I know wants to buy an iPhone4, but this time around its the SGS3 that is grabbing most of their attentions. My facebook news feed has seen a handful of SGS3 photos
. . .
15. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
oh Victor aka iOS arenas taco, I hope you are right! I hope Apple isn't slowing down in sales! I hope apple can stay on top for every producing more mediocre than anyone else! Please i hope you are right :/
16. rn9215 (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Throw that rotten apple away.....its time for a open world..!
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
kill it die good news rooten fruit...
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
this happens year after year and some of you still don't get it... sales always slow down when a new product is about to launch... Apple is still strong.. the company will still be around to make us happy and fandroids unhappy.
20. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
This is JUST A GUESS. Just want to point that out because fandroids have a hard time understanding the difference between analyst and fact.
AAPL is reporting sales this month and I have a feeling it will be very good news.
Sales do slow down right before a new iPhone launch.
32. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
oh thank goodness taco that is great news! I hope you are right, apple sales not being down will be glorious news..
Why are you so concerned with apple's earnings? They overcharge for mediocre, makes tons of profit at your expense and you cannot wait to hear their earnings reports?.. Truly bizarre, completely not normal, FANBOYiSM at its finest!
33. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
my question to you is why is it your business is not your money they are taking away.. is our money and if someone should care is us.. so please tell me again your concern??/
39. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6803; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
you don't even work for Apple or have any stocks in it. why do you care bout iphone sales when you're just buying it
42. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
YOUR NOT APPLE-ROYALLY...
IT SUITS HIM CAUSE HE IS A TRUE ORIGINAL DIEHARD FAN!!!!!!@! AND WAY ABOVE LEVEL THEN U AND TACO.
38. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6803; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
People finally realize that all iPhones looks the same. they can't change the way it looks. even the 5th iPhone have same body structure just different software and a bigger screen.