Apple to release iOS 7 beta 7 on Monday
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2013, 09:59 posted on
With Apple releasing iOS 7 beta 6 last Thursday with a usual laundry list of changes and a mandate to repair a bug on iTunes, the next build, iOS 7 beta 7, will be seeded to developers on Monday; if it weren't for that bug that caused some purchases over iTunes to result in the download or playing of unexpected items, Thursday's rush job never would have happened and developers would be receiving iOS 7 beta 6 today...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. shamashu9 (Posts: 142; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
The rainbow themed UI will be out. So gay.
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I wonder how many people will ditch Apple for that very reason. The UI looks like it was made for woman.
4. shamashu9 (Posts: 142; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Apple,should file,a patent on OS 7 colorful gradient UI. Sam may copy it samday.
13. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Does that mean that majority of iPhone users are females?
22. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
No, that means you're a black and white animal wearing a red belt.
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm glad that you like my avatar. :)
43. Daftama (Posts: 598; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Women out number men by 6-7 million than we have our mentally ill ones that adds another Million or two so they out number us by 8-9 million if not more
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
To be honest, iOS 7 doesn't look gay to me. It looks girly, pinkish rainbow themed, but hey, it looks fresh. It looks better than the old iOS 6 IMO.
41. Baseballer (Posts: 132; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I agree. Its just the dock that has me uneasy. But other than that, ios 7 looks nice
6. E.N. (Posts: 2565; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Change the pink bubbly wallpaper, put the apple apps you don't use into a folder, download all your 3rd party apps, and everything will look fine.
Looks decent here:
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In other words try to hide it, right?
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
At least the option to hide it is available.
29. E.N. (Posts: 2565; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Changing wallpapers, putting away apps you don't use, and downloading your favorite 3rd party apps is considered hiding? Wow, then Android users must hate their OS with all the customizing and wallpapers. At least you guys have the option to do all that with all your launchers. But then again, you know what they say about lipstick and pigs.
31. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Changing wallpapers, putting away apps you don't use, and downloading your favorite 3rd party apps is considered hiding?"
Yes, it is considered as hiding in context of comment to which you responded (your comment #6 was reply to comment #3).
34. E.N. (Posts: 2565; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Or maybe I was suggesting how to make the UI look less "womanly" and not necessarily hide the UI. The background in the youtube video is darker and a lot of 3rd party applications use darker colors as well. In my opinion, the UI looks really good, there's no need to hide it.
15. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
But aren't developers following the same theme?
IDK what to think, at least until I can see it in person, but right now I hate the color scheme. But Apple completely nailed it with the animations! These are by far the smoothest and most fluid transitions I've seen on a phone, and that may be enough to keep that premium feel.
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"IDK what to think, at least until I can see it in person..."
"These are by far the smoothest and most fluid transitions I've seen on a phone..."
32. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
PAU wow man... since when did you start Trolling?
i remember when you and Remix were really cool android guys here...
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Thank you good2great! From time to time I let myself to troll a bit (of course without insulting or bad language), can't always be serious. :)
35. E.N. (Posts: 2565; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Whateverman was not contradicting himself like you're suggesting. If you just take a break from trolling and actually try to understand his comment, you'd see he's talking about two different things: 1. the color scheme + how the icons are going to look when the developers update them (which he'll have to wait and see) and 2. the animations (which we all can clearly already see via youtube videos etc..)
39. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Thank you for clarifying that for me. That's exactly what I was saying. +1
40. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Sorry if that wasn't clear. Not sure about the colors, but the feel of it is very nicely done.
36. E.N. (Posts: 2565; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
That's a good point, we'll just have to wait to see how literal the developers will follow the iOS7 theme. I think the developers will stay consistent with the flatness of the both icons and inside their applications. I doubt they're going to adopt the neon color scheme.
7. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Ya definitely girlish
I was hoping for a truly innovative ui on iOS 7 like windows phone UI but disappointed.
38. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
I run iOS 7 Beta 6 on my iPhone 4 and it looks much better than the old iOS. It also runs smoothly (including multitasking). However, Apple deactivated the nice translucency feature showed in the commercial videos when pulling up control center or the animations of the weather app. I assume that is due to the 3 years old hardware of my iPhone 4. Still, the new colors really look refreshing and you simply want to touch these icons. The interface doesn't look female/girly at all. It rather looks inviting and friendly. My conclusion: iOS 7 will be a great hit in the Apple world.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Unless there are more bugs like the one that infected iTunes. Of course, Apple could always do multiple post-GM releases after the 5S starts to ship. What are they on now, 3 for iOS 6 (as in v. 6.3)?
20. The_Innovation (Posts: 597; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
No there was more.
6.1.4 - iPhone 5 only
The .0.1 updates fixed bugs, the .1 updates added/enhanced some minor features.
8. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
It looks like they're shooting for a younger demographic then what a large portion of their users are known for.
Idk, it's a shade girly for my tastes as mentioned too, mind you, I don't find any of them very neutral in that respect just this is most offensive I've noticed.
11. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
I'm sincerely hoping that Apple doesn't suffer the same fate that Blackberry did.
21. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6459; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Apple makes good products. RIM just made Blackberries.
23. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Apple makes good products."
Apple makes good profit.
26. ZeroCide (Posts: 721; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
They do make products, but i wouldn't call them good. They can still suffer the same fate as RIM even though they make other products they came close to oblivion in the 90s until MS saves them.
28. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I don't think Apple would be selling as much stuff as they do if they weren't good products. They are clearly very good and I think it's just a case of your opinion clashing with the majority.
30. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i jumped from android to iOS just to try out the 7, so here'e to hoping a good experience. I miss the big screen but loving the UI experience from Apple. Honest opinion
37. VictorP (Posts: 24; Member since: 29 May 2013)
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beta 7 wont be released today.