Apple to out an iPhone 5S with A7 chip and fingerprint security in June, plus a cheaper fiberglass model
0. phoneArena 05 Mar 2013, 02:35 posted on
The iPhone 5S might look and feel like the current Apple flagship, but upgraded with a more powerful A7 SoC, dual LED flash with alternative coloring, which we've heard about before, as well as a fingerprint security method, integrated after its acquiring of AuthenTec last year for $356 million...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
youre kidding, right? :)
see the real innovations:
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3151; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"The cheaper iPhone is going to add bulk and heft compared to the premium device, and the chassis is allegedly going to be fused out of fiberglass and plastic mold."
That's the innovation right there... 'Bulk and heft'.
Suddenly, bulky and hefty phones are going to be back and termed 'sexy' because Apple did it...and they did it with a reasonable price. SMH¡¡¡
2. Taters (Posts: 4777; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Should be interesting to see how much the iphone 5s sells. A lot of people were holding off on the 4s for the iphone 5. My guess is that the iphone 5 is the peak sales and they will see a decrease from here on out.
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 1924; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I doubt the 5s will sell much as its predecessor if apple will release a slightly modified new version
36. SkurtMcGurt (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
The 4s was one of the best if not the best selling Iphone of all time. What makes you think the 5s won't do the same? Apple fans must have the 'latest and greatest' smh
4. Andrewtst (Posts: 484; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
This is APPLE - EXTREME INNOVATION - New processor, finger print!, dual LED, What a CRAP!
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Dual LED Flash has been a MADE In China trademark. So now Apple steals this from China after Tim Cook's visit to China ... LOL :D
5. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
usual apple. lack of everything and even innovation, making fools out of their customers.apple GROW UP !!!! crap company
27. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
another crap apple innovation(means according to apple increase the processor ram etc...)with another icrap device/..............
6. nikenturd (unregistered)
Now all of a sudden a 5s rumor resurfaces , I see some desperate attemt here to recoup the stock price loss....wait...no , I must be wrong....lol
7. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
people will not be fooled by apple anymore.
we'll see its downfall soon.
13. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
unfortunately its not true....they are still dumb and Apple will have record revenues again
16. nikenturd (unregistered)
So Apple is your eternal revenue machine? weren't Nokia, RIM and Sony in a similar position before? they were unstoppable right?
24. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
for this year...but in 5 years youre right I hope :)
12. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
As much as this analyst tries to sensationalise it he is essentially saying what everyone already knows,this years iPhone will be the exact same iPhone 5 again albeit with a faster chip and slightly improved camera. The finger print scanner has already been done on other handsets,don't think apple will use it though.
You never know we might be surprised,apple may use the fingerprint scanner as this years gimmick to pass the phone off as new,it would of course be the worlds first ever and best ever fingerprint scanner
17. ray77 (Posts: 126; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
ur kinding me my motorcycle kawasaki ZX-6r have the finder print security on my bike and u call that innovation hahaha !!
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Why just finger print ... why not a full body scanner for authentication :D
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3151; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
'cause it won't be able to differentiate a 'dong' from a 'Shlong'...well, not just yet. :P
32. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Don't worry apple will patent that on paper by having dual front camera for a 3D perspective :D
23. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I just love apples Unpridictable naming scheme + Imagine having ur fingers scanned just to take a picture...
25. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
haters detected... i mean multiple haters detected!!!! witwiiiiw..
28. jeroome86 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
And spammers too. Please go away spammers. Get lost.
29. josephnero (Posts: 502; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
original Moto atrix had fingerprint security
30. buccob (Posts: 2060; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
And it was the best feature on a smartphone for someone who want to put security and unlock it fast.
The Atrix turned out to be crap... At least mine... but after having the Galaxy S3 and the Xperia Acro S... the only feature I really wish for my next phone is the finger print scanner...
In a Laptop it makes no sense.. since most people unlock their laptop, 3 maybe 5 times a day.... but... how many times do you unlock your phone today?
And the fingerprint scanner in the Atrix worked 99% of the time for me... even upside-down.
Face unlock its BS on a phone... I actually use it on the laptop (Asus face logon is the quickest, but somewhat not as secure)
Pattern lock, is not bad, but believe me, it is at least 3 times slower than figerprint scanner on the Atrix.
If Apple pull this one off, I think many other manufacturers will try to follow... Motorola just didn't have the cult following needed to make this popular.
31. bubbadoes (Posts: 567; Member since: 03 May 2012)
you gotta be kidding. where is the quad core, 2.0 processor & 440 or more ppi display. so the fans will be left with 5 colors, and a dual core a7 processor probably at 1.2, and fingerprint login...Wow!!! Going to be a good year for Android
34. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1339; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Report to us when they actually release something. So far this year everybody but Motorola has showed real hardware worth owning. Apple is so stale the media and stock analysts are "trying" to keep them revelent. Tim Cook and company are flat out stunned and don't know what to do.
35. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1111; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
While this sounds like a pitiful upgrade, I love the idea of a fingerprint scanner. Idk why it never took off.