Apple to make Baidu the default search engine on Chinese iPhones
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2012, 21:26 posted on
In a bid to increase it's appeal in China, Apple is reportedly planning to dump Google and switch to Baidu as the default search engine on Chinese iPhones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
Good luck competing with Google :)
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Ignorant comment if you know anything about China
8. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
Oh trust me, I rather leave the Ignorant comments to you. Since that is practically all of your comments, right? You're always so ready to criticize anyone or thing when it comes to someone or something taking a bite out of your beloved fruit. Like I said, good luck :).
11. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
They USED to use Google in Chinese iPhones, didn't they? If Apple had known anything about China, they would've used Baidu in the first place.
I will rejoice and throw flowers in the wind the day you stop commenting.
2. mercorp (Posts: 1022; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Baidu will soon be bought over by apple...
Then,no more free mp3s and movies...:-(
3. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
why the heck would apple want to buy baidu? the search market is already quite crowded and it doesnt offer any real benefits for apple-- they arent in the advertisement business unless you count iad.. which honestly is close to nothing
4. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Apple wants to DOMINATE.... :( Too greedy.
9. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Wow apple and peoples republic together. Hypocrisy with pseudo democracy, best combination.