Apple to hold unveiling event for the Apple iPhone 6 on September 9th?
0. phoneArena 05 Aug 2014, 13:29 posted on
We now apparently know when Apple plans on unveiling the Apple iPhone 6. Circle September 9th on your calendar. Apple has scheduled a huge media event for that date. Earlier reports indicated that Apple would be holding an event in September to introduce the next iteration of its iconic smartphone. The 4.7 inch Apple iPhone 6 could be launched as soon as ten days afterward...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
So the Note 4 will be doing the D sucking?
12. sip1995 (Posts: 851; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
You meant "Note 3" cuz it will be the same, just like gs5 is "almost" the same with gs4.....
19. TheGenius (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Was note 3 same as note 2 ?
Or was note 2 same as note ?
No? Then gtfo my planet.
45. Mrmark (Posts: 151; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Yea I don't like that reasoning (This Same as That) otherwise you could say all the iPhones are the same!
49. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 147; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
o do you mean how the iphone 5 and 5s are virtually the same phone??
52. AlikMalix (Posts: 664; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Lets start with the popular 5/5s points: 32 Arm v7/64bit Arm v8, home button/fingerprint scanner, A6/A7+M7, 8hr/10hr battery, 1GB/1GB DDR3, 33GB/64GBmax, f2.4+1.4sensor/f2.2+1.5sensor (it does make great difference), PowerVR SGX543/PowerVR G6430 (nearly doubles graphics ability), flash/trutone dual flash.
Pretty sure 80% of hardware components are upgraded, they even changed available metal finishes. Apple may like to put out same form factor for the second year "the S models", but it is a different phone....
59. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 147; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
all that stuff means nothing to the customer. I work for ATT and people ask me all the time. Whenever I tell them they look at me dumbfounded and ask me to talk in normal words. I tell them its the same phone except for its faster, has a finger print scanner and slightly better camera. They look at me and say "that's it?" and I say yes, that's all
60. AlikMalix (Posts: 664; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Did you tell them that this the first phone to move into the future with the 64bit - and it will be the only one for a year before any other phone? And that means they'll have a phone ready when the entire industry moves to 64bit? Did you tell them that the games and software will be much more sophisticated and graphics will be almost console like? That the camera on this phone does better photos in dark areas then most phones out there? That it only looks the same outside?
61. AlikMalix (Posts: 664; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I know, I know.... I sound like a fan or something. But faster processing and better camera can be said for any phone these days - but we both know each phone has certain details that distinguish them and will apply differently to each customer.
I wouldnt recommend iPhone to someone who's looking for a huge screen, and ability to change system fonts for example, but I'll recommend it to someone who cares to hold on to it for longer then 3 years, or who wants best games months or years before any other OS.. Or who wants an easy UI, and just in case, it comes with a store full of people trained to help you face to face with small or difficult questions FREE for the lifetime of the product.
10. BobbyDigital (Posts: 403; Member since: 29 May 2014)
We know Mxy. Ready to drop at the moment Tim Cook comes on stage to show off his latest Fisher Price toy.
14. AndroidTech (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)
u r buying dat crap and u call urself a man??? why wear a pant..
40. darkkjedii (Posts: 11798; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
For the same reason you left that stupid post, he can.
8. shamatuu (Posts: 145; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Not going to be innovative. Having a 4.7 and 5.5 will not change things. They will always be number 2 because they are not the same company when Steve jobs was in charge. He had visions and that's something that Tim Cook lacks. Not a competitor even compare to the the Chinese players like Xiaomi and among others that impress me in away that i would buy it if they came to the states. Apple just doesn't have the chops to do anything great anymore.
23. adwienc (Posts: 134; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Hmm as I can see none of companies has "vision" it died with Jobs, every company now is just copying each other and adding numbers
28. darkkjedii (Posts: 11798; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Cram it up your cram hole Le'fluer, in my White Goodman, from Dodgeball voice.
30. Scott93274 (Posts: 1171; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
... odd, I have not seen that movie...
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 11798; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude, funniest movie ever. Dodgeball: A true underdog story.
11. jadjr (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
i hate iphones cuz all they do is copy from samsung and other android devices.they just made a bigger phone just like any android phone and they added all the features they used to criticize available on android w lets not forget the health app the widgets,greyscale, more sensors etc.
13. sip1995 (Posts: 851; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
And Samesung is copying Apple's strategy, SAME phone over and over....
17. jadjr (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
same phone? Lollll it may be similar but some features have been added and we create 100 phones a year not one, moron. oh lets copy the note series and make a phablet just like samsung :D innovation
18. sip1995 (Posts: 851; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Innovation is DEAD, everyone is copying the other.........face it.
39. gutuebogdan (Posts: 29; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
"creative minds behind the Samsung Galaxy S5, Gear 2, and Gear Fit" are you one of them?
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5847; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Actually, Apple seems to be copying Sammy - Note 4 > GS5. iP6XL (5.5 inch screen) > iP6.
I wonder how the iP6 buyers will respond? Are they going to sell their nearly new iP6 for the 6XL? Some likely will.
37. E.N. (Posts: 2329; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Because the Note 3 is the only smartphone with a 5+ inch screen? Apple is following the market trend, not any one particular line of devices.
On the flip-side, Samsung blatantly and boldly copies Apple every single year
43. jadjr (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
copies apple? Lolll how? and samsung was the first compagny to intoduce phablets. so yeah they copied samsung moron. copies apple. my ass you made me laugh
46. E.N. (Posts: 2329; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I'm happy I made you laugh, but wasn't being funny. A quick search will show you the galaxy note was not the first "phablet".
The Galaxy Note line sells very well, but it doesn't sell nearly enough to cause Apple to change their entire iPhone infrastructure. Only a fool (aka you), would believe otherwise. It has everything to do with consumer/market pressures. It's the same exact reason why Apple released an iPad mini even though it would hurt the larger iPad's sales. It's because people were buying smaller tablets and not because Apple wanted to copy The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Mega Mini Max 7.4
On the flip-side, Samsung is releasing an iPhone 5S/6 clone this August...did you miss that?
55. jadjr (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
thats because samsung has 2 series. the s and the note. the s size was aboit 4.7 just like the new iphone 6 and the note was +5 inches. so yeah. its copying cz samsung introduced this concept to the market. And ffs samsung sells more devices worldwide.
57. E.N. (Posts: 2329; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
So the concept of two different screen sizes belongs to Samsung. Good to know.
22. cse.vicky (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
I want the new Camera, touchID and new A8 chip in a 5s, :( 4.7 is way too big for one hand use. 5s is so good for one handed use.
35. tedkord (Posts: 4932; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I have a 4.8 inch screen. No problem with one handed use. Samsung innovation made one handed use a breeze with the 5.7 inch screened Note 3.
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 11798; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Arte 8800, where you at.....oops nevermind.
36. Scott93274 (Posts: 1171; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I'm kinda shocked I haven't been banned yet, I talk a lot of trash.
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 11798; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Never seen you make a fool of yourself though. Arte is a certified disrespectful idiot.
51. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3252; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Arte is a certified disrespectful idiot."
Sometimes Arte can be rough around the edges, but he is authentic, has a good sense of humor, and often has interesting things to say.
I don't know what went down with you and him, but I'd hoped everyone had moved on from that mess and onto the usual mix of views that one finds on PA and other similar sites.
As most of us (all of us?) are strangers, hopefully we are not taking things personally. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. At the end of the day, we're all here because we have some interest in technology, mobile devices, mobile service, and community.
56. darkkjedii (Posts: 11798; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Damn dude, that's an awesome post. +1 man.
53. AlikMalix (Posts: 664; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I always said, I enjoy clever trolling even against Apple, and sometimes my troll comments are called out and I'm put in my place, but some folks are just not even trying (see post 11 above), or the dumbest are the ones repeating lines or scenarios from Samsung commercials - I call them Apple commercials made and funded by Samsung's Advertising Team.
Thank you Samsung, your latest commercial informed the consumer that Apple is making a bigger screen iPhone soon. Maybe you can update us on the specs with a next ad.
29. Ninetysix (Posts: 1659; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
My body is ready for Apple's iPhone and Samsung's Note 4 event.
54. AlikMalix (Posts: 664; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
The real question is if Samsung is ready for iPhone with a bigger screen? Speaking of pants (above) Samsung should have a dry pair ready.