Apple to bump the iPhone 5S' screen to 4.3-inches?
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2013, 06:24 posted on
Earlier today, citing the Commercial Times, Bloomberg reported that Apple's upcoming iPhone 5S may be delayed because of a design change, and this one is pretty major – the screen on the upcoming flagship has, purportedly, been upped to a 4.3-incher...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bucky (Posts: 2606; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
That's my absolute perfect screen size. But it's not happening.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Never know Bucky, who saw the bump up to 4.0 coming? I was fully expecting 3.5 again.
29. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Okay, darkkjedii. That's just an asinine comment. You must think really low of Apple to not see the 4-inch coming.
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I meant at the time they did it, I wasn't expecting it.
42. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I absolutely saw it coming. I predicted back in 2011 that they could increase the iPhone screen from 3.5" to 3.95" without changing the pixel density, just by increasing the screen height. Which is exactly what they did.
34. bucky (Posts: 2606; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I can't see them changing another screen size up in 1 year unfortunately. If they just bumped it to 4.3 last year it would have been much better for the long term. I'm ok with 4 but I 4.3 would make it perfect
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Would be nice, but is cool too. It's the software I'm more concerned with.
44. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I don't see it either, mainly because of the impact it will have on the apps. How many still have black borders to them right now?
47. willard12 (Posts: 1706; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Years ago, Steve Jobs said 3.5 was perfect. They should just go 4.5 and stop.
56. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Dude... you called it DK!!!
Now I'm really looking forward to this phone!
57. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Me too, especially after finding out about all the gestures in iOS 7 iPad and iPhone betas. To me it speaks of a larger screen
68. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Absolutely... The one and only thing holding me back from getting a new iPhone was the screen size. if this rumor pans out it will really give Apple the boost they need.
I've had the pleasure of using iOS 7 and its absolutely beautiful! My only complaint is that it is very sluggish. I am assuming that this will be resoolved once it is released into production
71. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The sluggishness is basically from being in beta. The kinks will be worked out by launch day. Get ready for an all around great device, even better than the awesome ip5
76. tedkord (Posts: 11890; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Don't be so sure. The sluggishness could be the result of true multitasking. IPhones, other than GPU, hang at the lower end of specs. Less memory, slower clocked CPU, etc... Multitasking benefits from these things. It may be that iOS 7 will never run smoothly on the iPhone 5 and below.
27. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Quite true on the 'But it's not happening' part. A screen size change is a major design change, which doesn't grace the S editions. The fingerprint scanner is as adventurous as Apple is going to be on the 5S.
39. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Quite iNsightful, as usual, and points are well taken. The reAliTy is, the only way the iPhone 5S is getting a bigger screen is if Apple comes out with a special adapter to connect the 5S to the iPad MiNi. Or, they could always use that ThunderDud Cable to connect it to their HDTV (if they have one)!!
28. ghaniosman (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
They would prefer to die rather than bumping the screen size ;-)
30. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Absolute hoax S-editions aren't supposed to have significant design changes. Well so that's not really happening.
86. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Welcome to my 2010 4.3" Droid X!
54. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Using the S4 and Note2 and Htc One, and then going back to iP5 looks so small and uneasy. Scrolling is a knightmare. It takes 5 swipes on iPhone to browse down, where in S4 it takes 2swipes to reach the end.
62. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Those iDud users can only dream. Most of them have vehemently bashed anything over 4 inches, even most of writers here on PhoneArena; claiming anything over 4 inches is too big, cumbersome, weighs down their pockets and they just don't need anything that big. But, WAIT, the minute Apple announces that they are going to increase the screen size to 4.3 inches with iPhone 9, they will all marvel at how innovative Apple is. Meanwhile, by then, my Galaxy Note 4 will be up to 8 inches and the Galaxy S6 up to 6.5 inches, respectively!!
70. bucky (Posts: 2606; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Do you ever say anything of value or are you generally always butthurt when an article is talking about ios?
How old are you when you get so consistently offended by the iPhone?
72. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'll answer for him Bucky. Anything of value: NO
BUTTHURT about iOS: YES
77. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I'm sorry if iCause your butt to hurt, I realize your only used to 4 inches. I'll try to be more gentil next time.
75. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No Papinyc is not butthurt™
He is speaking of truth!
Ios is for dummies
Android for smart techy geeks
Android is the best and thst's all we will need©
91. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Android for arrogant elitists
Android is only OS for the techie 1%
Only average people buy iOS
Average people should be banned from Androids
Android über alles!™
80. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bucky, notice instead of an intelligent answer to your question, he and that simpleton Troll chose more stupidity. I'd say your questions been answered bro.
89. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
My response was not to him, it was to you. I hope you're not one of those bus drivers who types and talks on his cell phone while driving, thereby, putting in danger the lives of so many innocent people including your own flock.