Apple testing iPhone 6 with larger, 4.9-inch display, 5c successor also to come with bigger screen
0. phoneArena 21 Nov 2013, 09:09 posted on
Apple has allegedly started testing a prototype for its new iPhone 6 with a larger, 4.9” screen. Apple is said to be preparing two new iPhones next year…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. android_hitman (Posts: 653; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
Let's see it..
But if the previous article was right and Iphone 6 will be 50$ to 100$ more expensive than the Iphone5s than f*ck you apple.
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3209; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Of course it will be more expensive. It's apple after all.
37. Finalflash (Posts: 1878; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, and watch all the iFans go "OMG, its so innovative, my thumb grew an inch within the last year just enough to let me reach all over the big screen". Price was never their concern, they've always paid more for less so they'll pay for it again.
49. bucky (Posts: 1560; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Wow, you guys don't even need iPhone fans anymore....u just have full out arguments by yourselves.
56. Finalflash (Posts: 1878; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
No ones arguing, we're just adding on to each others' statements. It's more like a circle jerk than an argument.
79. seret6 (Posts: 45; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
dear finalflash there is no co*ck-suc*king iFan who calls apple innovative
they are more busy eating sh*it so that they can save money for iFuc*kers shi*ty product called iphone and ipad
61. Tommy1960i (Posts: 100; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I don't think it will be more expensive than iPhone 5s because Apple needs market share plus they have a tradition on handset prices wich will not go away anytime soon.
50. downphoenix (Posts: 2381; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I believe Apple should have this size but also the regular 4" size. Some iphone users will not want a bigger screen size, but also understandably do not want their phone nerfed. Hopefully Apple can better handle their customers' demands than some phone manufacturers that seem to think that smaller screen device fans are okay with low or mid range specs only.
72. Lucas_kim (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
one of the most reason people nowaday not going to buy an iphone is because of the screen size... once apple makes it big.. apple is the king!!
85. Ashoaib (Posts: 2380; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
finally the company which call others a copy cat is copying the trend of others by making bigger size... now bigger size will be a true innovation bcoz apple is doing it... most probably they will put a case against samsung after releazing 4.9inch bcoz Samsung has 5 inch which ultimately a copy of iphone size... damn you samsung, you copied the size of iphone
2. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3209; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
As long as it runs iOS i'm not interested. And it will never happen (Apple moving away from it's own OS)
5. paulyyd (Posts: 327; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
your username leads me to believe you're about 15 years old. No one really cares about your opinion, are you even old enough to use the internet Lol
18. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3209; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Wow. You can count 2013-1998. And what do you have against 15 years old people? And btw I'm from Finland and we here have a lot better education than you there in the USA(yeah well I'm not sure if you're from the USA but anyway) so I wouldn't talk like that.
21. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I'm from the US. How many colleges to you see here that's located in Finland?
24. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Maybe he is talking about public primary and secundary schools not about (most private)universities...
25. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3209; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Darn are you serious? Yeah I know we don't have many colleges or universities, but in the PISA research thing Finland has always been in the top 3/4 with for example with Japan and South Korea. The basic education level up to high school (we are 18/19 years old when we finish high school) is top notch in Finland, not like in the USA where the education suck unless you go into a expensive private school. And Paris was just ranked as the best city for students (like university students and so on) following by London in the second place. So even the universities are better in Europe than the USA.
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 12397; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah but the USA knows how to kick a$$, and keep folks in check.
43. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3209; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Like sneaking into peoples privacy (NSA)?
48. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Shut up you fool. Typical uneducated scum comment!
32. moise (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Jun 2011)
I could go deep into this but it's not really worth it but..
1, Best city for students doe's not = best university
2. South Korea...Japan..etc...stats rely on "test taking" Having taught in S. Korea I can assure you that all they do is MEMORIZE...which to me does not =educated. Creative thinking and problem solving skills is virtually non-existent so in short...depends on the methodology
3, it cracks me up when people compare small homogeneous countries with the USA..it's like comparing Cleveland to Manhattan
Not taking anything away from Finland's education system because I know little of it but I know what is produced by folks that are from the US system. How much technology...innovation...etc is being produced by the top school systems in the world?
42. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3209; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Best city for students means that every aspect is top notch, including universities, cost of a semester, cost of living and how the students feel living there. How do then all the biggest innovations and most futuristic technological stuff come from Asia?
And wow. How does it matter if a country is homogeneous or not? Are you being racist or something? Saying that only WHITE people count?
Just compare the population of Finland and the USA. USA has many times more people, still having almost no more technological innovation. And just look at American cars. Their technology and quality just SUCKS. Compare them to Germans and Japanese.
And Sweden and Finland were ranked to the top in computer programming too.
And I know what kind of person is an average North American person. I have relatives in Canada and visited the USA, and all I have to say than the knowledge of an average N. American is MUCH less than an average European. And yes I have lived in Hungary and travelled all around Europe, including Italy, Austria, France and UK
55. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Wow I wonder why the United States dominates the Top 25 of the worlds major universities and Finland is strangely absent. Seeing as how your Universities are so superior to ours over there in Europe. The U.S. only took 19 of the Top 25 spots, and 4 out of the top 5. Must be a horrible country to receive a degree.
60. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3209; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
University of Helsinki is at 76 (one site says 69) which is quite amazing considering that most of the Finns who want a high academic degree go study abroad after high school. And at the start I wasn't talking about universities. I was talking about the basic education. And having the best universities is still nothing. Theres still so many other things to consider, like what do you want to study. And America is not a very safe country, so that should be concidered too. Plus the percentage of Americans who can actually go to thos places is very low. Many of the students in those top universities come from other countries. If we would see an average education level of an American and a European, the American would be much lower.
63. a_merryman (Posts: 716; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
You're also the one who needlessly brought the USA in the discussion, and has been bashing it and the 300 million people who live here for no reason. The way you frame things in such a black and white way makes you seem far more immature than your 15 years would suggest.
Also, the USA is a very safe country on average. I've certainly never had problems, so long as you don't go to the bad parts of town you likely wont get in a bad situation...and that is logic you can use for any city in the world.
64. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Hah, wrong again. Majority of Ivy League students are American.
As far as the US being unsafe, that's preposterous. There are ghettos in the U.S. like in any major city in the world. But I do not, and the majority of my fellow Americans don't fear walking down the street at night. Most crime in America is committed by a small percent of the total population as well. It's not like criminals are running lawless through society.
73. aldridhl (Posts: 55; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
heh, way to go guys... this is a mobile tech site, not a education/nation image forum.
75. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
It's not the education, but photosynthesis you badly need, obviously.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 12397; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That was hilarious. +1 dudes dissin a 460 billion dollar company, and is barely old enough to have a paper route job.
39. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5922; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Do paper route jobs even exist anymore? I mean with all of the digital content, do people have home delivery? I live in an upscale neighborhood, and I haven't seen a newspaper being delivered in a while. And, if newspapers aren't going digital, they seem to be going out of business.
Back on topic, Apple is going to release the next iToy with a larger screen. Whether it is 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, or whatever, IDK. But it will be larger than 4 inches.
45. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Thanks dude, I hate this "Mine is better than yours..."
65. darkkjedii (Posts: 12397; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude I swear out here n Vegas, we still have em lol.
6. cezarepc (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
That would defeat the purpose of their "one-hand" UI. I bet if they release a 4.9 incher that would be a niche device, they will still have their main iPhone remain at 4".
12. Jommick (Posts: 211; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Hey, moto x works well for one hand use, and it's 4.7"
15. androiphone20 (Posts: 1512; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Jommick, you can't beat some tards when they try to push their logic on you
23. cezarepc (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Ok might be working well for you.. and other fellows who have enough hand size. As for me, and my wife, we can barely reach all over with a Lumia 925 (4.5" plus some bezel).
27. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I plan to get a Moto X as a backup for $300 w/ Republic Wireless.
Btw, it's not a true 4.7" display due to onscreen softkeys.
29. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 659; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Have you seen bezels on iPhone????
Compare iPhone4s to Galaxy S2- The bezels of iPhone take 34% of total phone size. Thats called waste. S2 utilizes only 21% in bezels.
Compare iPhone5s to Note 3 and LG G2- The bezels of iPhone take 28% of total phone size. Another waste of phone size. Note 3 and LG G2 utilizes only 13% in bezels.
Apple need to reduce the bezel sizes for one hand operation if they want a bigger phone.
78. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Ever heard of off-screen swipe? Fingerprint scanning?
True, bezels are wasted space on *Android* devices.
What about all the ad banners? They don't only occupy a good portion of the screen, but also drain power from *your* battery.
82. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 659; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Ok Mr Over smart.. The comment was about one handed operation on huge device and if it had same kind of huge bezels it defeats the purpose of one handed operation on iPhone.
Did you get it or should i explain more?
54. nctx77 (Posts: 557; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
You just said it LOL! One handed use will still be in play if they still sell the 4 inch screen. The bigger phone will be for the people who want more screen. Your argument would be justified if they only released one phone with a 5 inch display.
80. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
It will still be useable with one hand because they will just "make it taller, but not wider". lol
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I never expect anything good on the iPoone, no micro SD card slot, no NFC, and iPoones are always overpriced. If the iPoone 6 has a normal flagship price then I will think about it, but if it's overpriced again, then all I can say is: "Go poop yourself, Apple.".
8. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
"Go poop yourself, Apple." lol what?? Do you need someone else to poop for you?? Weird
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No, I don't think it's weird. We all poop ourselves when we were a baby.
13. androiphone20 (Posts: 1512; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
he hit right on the spot didn't he?
11. androiphone20 (Posts: 1512; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
If I hear anyone crying out about price I can't help but hold your cause on a different level
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm not rich, so I give a s**t about the price.
19. androiphone20 (Posts: 1512; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
okay, I get you sooo ultimately the iphone is okay right?
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The iPhone is not so okay. What I like on the iPhone 5s is that it's compact, and the build quality is premium, and also the fingerprint scanner. That's all. If they price it right then I think that the iPhone is okay, but since they overpriced it, I don't think it's okay.
Don't know about you though, but that's just me.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 12397; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As I said before, since Troll got banned, you assumed his role as PA's resident fool. Sad, cuz I remember when you were quite the intelligent techie. Oh well...
46. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Troll was banned?!?!?! I liked that guy... lol
67. androiphone20 (Posts: 1512; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
I dunno what happened I got caught up, I'm messed up right now(was fighting off a disorder), I thought I was recovering but oh God no.