Apple sued by Portuguese reseller for 40 million EUR
0. phoneArena 22 Jul 2012, 04:41 posted on
Days after a consumer group in Portugal said it would take legal action against Apple for the wording of its AppleCare warranty service, a reseller is suing the Cupertino based firm for $40 million EUR ($49 million USD) for intentionally blocking third party resellers from receiving inventory...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I bet the suing happens all the time and that all companies get involved. It's just that when it comes to Apple, the articles will be more popular since they cause all the fandroids an erection. It's like the Foxcon case where some fandroids still think Apple is the only company using it.
2. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
go ahead fandroids, thumb me down. I cannot find a f*** to give.
5. ilia1986 (unregistered)
And of course - you believe that Apple should be treated just like any other tech company, right? I mean none of us should be outraged of the fact that in the entire history of consumer electronics - it is Apple which banned 2 competitor's products.
So yeah - whatever Apple got slapped with - they more then deserve it.
We will not forget the ban of the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy Tab. Never ever.
21. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'm not a "fandroid" and I thumbed you down for being verbally narrow-minded in your outspokenness and not having anything useful or constructive to contribute to the discussion.
Have a nice day.
33. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
@ilia1986. hahaha you write with so much patriotism and emotion it's pathetic. I lol'd so hard when you said "we will not forget...never ever" as if you were talking about the war in Bosnia.They're just phones. Relax, sheep ;)
37. thedarkside (Posts: 654; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i dont think ilia is a sheep, but i do think youre an idiot.
34. cptbeatstix (Posts: 101; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
I find it funny that he is talking crap about "Fandriods" and he has an android avatar.
40. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
We will not forget hahahahahah.. still so funny :'D
42. ilia1986 (unregistered)
48. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
So I'm a troll because I've hit your soft spot with my opinion? Give me a break. I reported you as well, by the way ;)
51. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
You are so immature its pathetic.. you must really have both no life and no sense of humor to find him saying "we will never forget." Sure it sounds a but dumb but for you to laugh at it so hysterically is...no words can even describe. Lol and reporting cuz he called u a troll? Just curious, how old are you?
56. joey_sfb (Posts: 5841; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
why you always invite us to thumb you down?
63. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
us? tell me more about your army, joey ;)
I'm outta here, phone arena is infested with fandroids. I just wanted to say, that I disagree with placing the blame only on Apple, that's all. Good day, ladies :)
7. fost4real (Posts: 27; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
You do not understand the issues. wakeup my friend. Apple sue companies for producing devices in rectangular shapes does that make sense to you? they also sue in the name of touch screen gestures and claim they own it. Things that existed way back before they started implementing. No one sued them for copied notification bar from android bcos we believe in innovations and fair competition.
52. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i do not believe google has a patent on the notification bar… and you dont see apple suing asus or anything-- only samsung because they blatantly copied apple
just look up the smart cases for the tab and the smart cover for the pad-- direct copies
59. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
A couple of things:
1. Apple sued Motorola for the XOOM.....There should be nothing more said after that....The ONLY place the XOOM looks like an iPad is the black screen borders...if that.
2. Bringing up Smart cases....when the idea and product was done first by Incase....is not good. And I just thought of thing:
Apple doesnt like it when another company copies an idea they copied. I guess Apple wants the be the only company that copies someone..If one was to really look back and do research....you will see Apple is just as guilty of copying as others.
62. willard12 (Posts: 1708; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
So you're saying that apple is a patent troll and Google isn't. Is this question about copying or patenting? You all but acknowledge apple blatantly copied the notification bar and excuse them because there is no patent. Then go on to mention the smart cover...which wasn't even made by Samsung. I guess the slide to unlock patent suits are great to you also.
9. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Karma is a b*tch, deal with it!
24. iWorld (Posts: 85; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Thermonuclear war has begun now every electronic industry is going to be dragged to the war
32. Trdae.Mark (banned) (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jul 2012)
Really good news.... Apple should ev got fined 600 million!
that deadly evil fruit, banning every-one. take that. wishing more to come .
6. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
They wanted to say 40 million Euro = 49 million U.S.D.
4. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
No, not really, it is come to Apple since they sued others because of it's looks not because of how it's using the code nor using program language. Other's sue because of it's name being used without permissions, same coded of trade mark function or using program language that used exclusively.
Sorry for my bad english, I live in Indonesia and rarely using English.
22. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
And yet your comment is more sensible, better thought out, and stated more understandably than many on the internet. Kudos.
29. thedarkside (Posts: 654; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
agreed, kudos to you friend. if you didnt have that last line on here i would expect you to be from the states. go you!