Apple stuffs "lucky gift bags" with Apple iPad Air and more
The other bags contained devices like the Wi-Fi version of the Apple iPad Air and the Apple iPad mini. Apple's Smart Cover was also found in some bags along with Nike's FuelBand SE, a Mophie Juice Pack mini and Square's credit card reader.
This year's Fukubukuro promotion was announced back on December 26th at the same time that Apple offered a one day sale for the online Apple Store and the Apple Store app. The promotion is a Japanese custom and popular stores that offer such bags usually price them at a 50% discount to the retail value of the merchandise in the bag. At some stores, the line for the "lucky gift bags" can snake around the block.
Apple sells its annual lucky bag promotion for 36,000 yen
1. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Not a fan of Apple but this is really nice. Japan only though, too bad..
2. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5209; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Japanese are lucky, they get a lot of cool stuffs that we don't have. Google Play app vending machine, lucky gift bags from Apple etc.
Btw, I like Sushi. :P
4. alterecho (Posts: 1072; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Not to mention some of the better and exclusive Xperias like the SX and waterproof ZL.
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5209; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, but ZL is not waterproof and it's available worldwide. You mean Xperia UL?
6. alterecho (Posts: 1072; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Thats the one. Looks like the waterproof version of ZL.
8. apple4never (Posts: 932; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i like the zl, its quite a compact 5 incher
3. ihavenoname (Posts: 1320; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Apple, do things like this in all other countries. You get even more positive attention and we all know you have billions and billions of unused cash.
9. PorkyBurger (Posts: 206; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Wao, amazing. Though, sad it's only in Japan. I would doubt if this event would happen somewhere else. And just 340$.....Damn.....