Apple still working to improve Maps, seeks to hire more mapping experts
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2013, 14:06 posted on
Apple Maps. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear or read those two words?
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 11258; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Work on it till its complete apple, the potential is awesome. As good as google maps is, and boy is it good, it still had its infancy and hiccups. Also apple quit saying thing like "the most beautiful, and powerful mapping experience ever", when the product is basically beta. I'm an avid apple product user, and a straight shooter. As a straight shooter, I have to say apple put its foot in its mouth on maps. Gotta crawl before you walk.
2. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 930; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They are missing some data, and they got a late start, but they have already started pushing the entrenched players to up their game (And those offerings are not without their own hiccups). Google's foray into 3D was awful, and that was on the desktop, and Nokia's maps still lack some of the more advanced features of Apple Maps, which they are starting to include in Here. No company has offered anything near perfect, and some have a lot more time and money invested.
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 11258; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Agreed. I think apples actually has the most potential from what I've seen. Flyover is fantastic, but needs visuals work. As for the rest of maps, it simply needs baking time. I use it a lot +1.
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4015; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That image looks like a BOSS roller coaster! lol
4. amiaq (Posts: 451; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Good luck!! by the time it's ready your users just need direction to their nursing homes.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 11258; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That sucked. And you posted it to get what?
6. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i think it was to get a reaction from you darky