Apple steps up app security in iOS 6
0. phoneArena 15 Jun 2012, 09:17 posted on
Apple is one company that throughout the years have build an image of taking security and privacy really seriously - Macs were said to have no viruses…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
it better not end up like the flashback malware on mac or apple is in the chopping block
2. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I love this part: "What’s more - apps should be prepared to function properly even when a user denies them those permissions."
Facebook could learn a thing or two from that!
3. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
People are always going to find a way to freely give their information away on accident.
4. andersensam (Posts: 10; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
I love that MIUI roms ask for permissions for everything. It's nice to see Apple doing the same thing.
5. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
This problem that came to everyone's attention has nothing to do with weak security controls but with apple not doing its job checking apps that violate their TOS.
8. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Very happy to see this. Hopefully other companies will follow Apple's lead.