Apple steps up app security in iOS 6
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Jun 2012, 09:17
Apple is one company that throughout the years have build an image of taking security and privacy really seriously - Macs were said to have no viruses…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dickwyn posted on 15 Jun 2012, 09:21 0 1
it better not end up like the flashback malware on mac or apple is in the chopping block
2. PhoneLuver posted on 15 Jun 2012, 10:00 4 0
I love this part: "What’s more - apps should be prepared to function properly even when a user denies them those permissions."
Facebook could learn a thing or two from that!
3. phonemonkey posted on 15 Jun 2012, 10:25 0 0
People are always going to find a way to freely give their information away on accident.
4. andersensam posted on 15 Jun 2012, 12:49 1 0
I love that MIUI roms ask for permissions for everything. It's nice to see Apple doing the same thing.
5. sprockkets posted on 15 Jun 2012, 13:00 0 0
This problem that came to everyone's attention has nothing to do with weak security controls but with apple not doing its job checking apps that violate their TOS.
8. taco50 (banned) posted on 16 Jun 2012, 23:43 0 0
Very happy to see this. Hopefully other companies will follow Apple's lead.