Apple starts to release iOS 7.0.1
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2013, 22:15 posted on
Apple just released iOS7 last Wednesday; now, iOS 7.0.1 has been released. One of our loyal readers popped into an AT&T store and started playing around with an Apple iPhone 5c that was on display. After taking a photo of the mid-range Apple device, our tipster noted that there was a software update on the unit. Looking closely, he saw that it was iOS 7.0.1...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sauce (Posts: 1168; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
You guys are kinda late...... Give us something good to read, like benchmarks and comparisons.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This update was pushed to a T-Mobile 5C hours ago... PA is late as always.
10. Sauce (Posts: 1168; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I got it yesterday around 11am lol. I always also see articles of things on this site hours and days after I see the same thing on other sites. No wonder they are looking for more writers lol.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Agreed 100%, especially for the last part lol. Oh PA....
14. Sauce (Posts: 1168; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Still waiting for camera comparisons and sh*t. Nothing but boring news about BBM the past 24 hours.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Apple gets two thumbs up from me in the camera department. I want to see how it matches against the Z1 and the 1020. As far as BBM, well let's just say... they're officially dying.
48. HalaMadrid (Posts: 92; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Hey Papasmurf do u know to improve camera.quality on Xperia Z1? My z1 is giving blurry images.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5289; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"Still waiting for camera comparisons..."
Maybe PA is still waiting for the FedEx truck to bring them their 5S? That they had to purchase (as opposed to being provided a reviewer unit by Apple).
25. Sauce (Posts: 1168; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Maybe!. Lol. If Apple were to give all tech sites a phone, my name would be Barack Obama. Oh well, I'll just keep playing Nimble Quest until they release one.
17. rainingday007 (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
No, it's not their mistake. Even me haven't got SW yet.
18. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 547; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
True pa recently got little slow and missing some of great news which posted in their competitors sites.
i wonder what happened....
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They're getting lazy.
Lol jk. Idk, I'm thinking the same thing. TB, Engadget, and even GSMa publish things hours before.
28. AKumar47 (Posts: 48; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
iphone 5s kills most of the android flagship smartphones! this is insane! haha!
now im sure for the gen it will be much more faster, just give us 4.5" display with the same dimensions, large phones seems to be ugly for me, larger screens is kinda cool, just trim the upper vessel and put a 4.5" display...
29. Whateverman (Posts: 3162; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Kills??? How so? I will admitt the 5S is the fastest smartphone on the market, but that's about all there is. It still doesn't do much of anything.
30. E.N. (Posts: 2218; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
The biggest thing for me has always been the applications. For some reason developers just don't care for Android and that's clear with the quality of some Android applications and the time it takes for popular iOS apps to arrive on Android...if ever
38. Whateverman (Posts: 3162; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Can't agree with you there, but I will be honest. There are some apps that run smoother and look beget on the iPhone. It's true. But there are developers who put just as much effort into Android as they do ios, if not more. I use them both and rarely do I find myself saying, "This is better on ios." And when I do, the difference is negligible. But I always find myself saying "I wish I could do this or that on my iPad".
36. joey_sfb (Posts: 1989; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple confirm 4" screen is the best. Why buy iPhone and yet complain about the screen size.
I am buying a note 3 you don't see me complain about 5" screen is too big.
2. Shinydesert (Posts: 56; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I hope they fix the lag of the iPad Mini running iOS7, and the battery drain.
3. Sauce (Posts: 1168; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I see no signs of lag on my girls iPad Mini. I do see battery drain though. Hopefully they fix it [soon].
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Battery drain happens on the iPhone 5 as well. As far as the lag on the Mini, it's horrendous.
23. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5289; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Isn't the mini running the A4 chipset? Hamsters are working overtime in the A4 trying to keep up with iOS 7 resource demands.
45. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)
But a A5 chip nonetheless correct? Don't try to be a smartass. ;)
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I noticed some lag on my parent's ipad 4 after iOS7. hope that gets fixed for them.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)
By demoing the iPhone 5C today at T-Mobile, the iPhone 5S, 5th gen iPod Touch, iPad 4 and the iPad Mini at Best Buy, iOS 7 is completely unstable... Lag is noticeable even on the 5S, which is something that shouldn't be happening at all. The lag on the Mini happens just by switching the orientation. My cousin's iPhone 5 gets half the battery life from before.
I'm not hating on Apple, as I love them, but they rushed the hell out of iOS 7 and it still feels like it's in beta.
9. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
You think because it's rushed or more feature filled than the previous 6 versions? iOS has always been one or two steps ahead of the hardware but 7 has a lot more than they've ever put into an update before, can't help to think that's part of it.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No. It's rushed because the fluidity and user experience it's supposed to offer isn't there. If the 5S lags, that's saying a lot. Apple needs to hurry and push updates to their devices.
22. joey_sfb (Posts: 1989; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Allowing true multitasking will create lag and battery drain hope it's improve through time. Same problem with Android, Google have to go thru a few generations of software development to curb the lags and battery drain. Apple might learn a few things by studying android source code.
37. bucky (Posts: 1222; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
This is a pretty big update. I'm sure it will speed up quite a bit with some optimization. That said, I haven't run into a single slow down on my 5s. My iPad 3 I have noticed the rare studder.
41. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
my iPad 3 just stopped everytime i need to change the wallpapers i had to wait 10 mins and then come back to it before i could use it again! Well atleast android isnt the only platform with lag now!
34. ottje (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
My iPhone 4s battery drains fast too after the update
8. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I haven't notice any issues on my iPad 4 after installing iOS7. And no need to bash PA for being just 5 hours late. At least they informed us. And besides, my first time hearing about this today. In other words, saying that some people don't spend 24 hours a day reading online articles.
12. Sauce (Posts: 1168; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I'm just surprised that blogs and sites that don't even compare to this website can push out an article hours/days faster than PA. I choose to follow PA because there is a lot of content to read when I'm dropping deuces on the can or bored in the office. Recently, I've seen late content. I love PA, don't get me wrong.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The main reason why I stood at PA was because of the comment section to be honest.
44. Topcat488 (Posts: 1046; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I know man... The first thing i do when i turn on my imac is to check out what's going on at PA news and their funny comment section. +1 from me dude.
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5289; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"I'm just surprised that blogs and sites that don't even compare to this website can push out an article hours/days faster than PA."
I think that is called competition. PA seems to have let their game slip a bit of late.
31. Vireak (unregistered)
Are any of the writers here based in other parts of the world? ...that could explain the latency.
32. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 396; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
iOS 7 needs a high animation framerate. I can see animations as laggy especially when bringing the notification up and down and the 5-finger gesture when closing an app.
33. HempHead (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I've seen a little lag on my iPad mini, post iOS 7 update but I haven't experienced any rapid battery drain. Battery life on iPhone 5 seems a little better, and my new iPhone 5s seems just as good if not better. Signal strength seems slightly better on both as well.
43. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
can i ask if you cleary love apple why have you got a samsung logo as profile pic?
47. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 244; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
Sheesh... Talk about FRAGMENTATION